Server time: 2019-02-20, 10:30 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Grihm

Revamping the combat rules towards a fair middle ground solution.

This topic has clearly fallen apart into lets all bash Bandit groups because we have no idea what we are talking about and are just super fucking salty.  I can literally feel the care-bear hate flowing from my screen when I read these posts.  You had a few bad experiences now you just wanna fuck over people who are good at what they provide (Fear).  This isn't the apocalypse if you waltz around carefree and singing songs with birds flying around your head.  You need to keep your head low, be wary of who you trust and most importantly know when to fight and when to just surrender.  The world is a cold place and only the 'strong' survive.

With the exception of a few in this threads opinion who are actually willing to communicate rather than have a US VS THEM mentality, you are completely correct.

Solution: all bandits must be approved and run through an audition first by people approved by the administration staff.

No approval and your robbing people, points to you.

Really want to rob people? Then step up your game and practice practice practice. Maybe apprentice under one of the approved bandits.

It's a craft, treat it as one.

Well with that logic everyone hero/bandit/survivor needs to be approved because there is badrp in all catergories...

Ya, cause all those farmers who give away food, traders who help people out with that item they have been searching for weeks for are the problem. They can be considered hero's.

If you want, they can apprentice under me.

In my eyes banditing is the one that's the hardest to pull off.  I know you don't agree with what I'm saying, and that's fine, you don't have to. But extending the timer as many have suggested doesn't fix the problem. It just takes longer for the problem to run its course.

Fix the problem at the source, don't put a bandaid on it.

Ya, cause all those farmers who give away food, traders who help people out with that item they have been searching for weeks for are the problem. They can be considered hero's.

Just because someone RP's in this manner, doesn't mean their RP isn't shit. Being an honest, genuine and caring person to every person you come across in the setting we role play in; is in my opinion, nothing short of terrible RP.

In my eyes banditing is the one that's the hardest to pull off.

It is yes, as you are more often in situations where a rule break can occur and your RP is heavily scrutinized than that of a random civilian.

Replies are in red.

Solution: all bandits must be approved and run through an audition first by people approved by the administration staff.

No approval and your robbing people, points to you.

Really want to rob people? Then step up your game and practice practice practice. Maybe apprentice under one of the approved bandits.

It's a craft, treat it as one.

Well with that logic everyone hero/bandit/survivor needs to be approved because there is badrp in all catergories...

In my eyes banditing is the one that's the hardest to pull off.  I know you don't agree with what I'm saying, and that's fine, you don't have to. But extending the timer as many have suggested doesn't fix the problem. It just takes longer for the problem to run its course.

And what exactly is the source...because what you suggested will not fix anything, it would just put more work on staff and I don't think someone should have to "audition" to roleplay...Yeah extending the timer is not going to fix anything, neither is removing it...if a person has to go in real life they have to go, thats just plain and simple, sure they may be punished for it but oh well real life trumps game life always...so this whole discussion about the 15 minute timer is sort of pointless because the solutions suggested won't solve anything especially the audition part and the forced permadeath part...

I keep losing faith while reading this thread.

You don't get a say in this, you Chedaki scum <3

Just because someone RP's in this manner, doesn't mean their RP isn't shit. Being an honest, genuine and caring person to every person you come across in the setting we role play in; is in my opinion, nothing short of terrible RP.

It is yes, as you are more often in situations where a rule break can occur and your RP is heavily scrutinized than that of a random civilian.

Replies are in red.

I agree with you, it doesn't mean their RP is going to be good. But I can deal easier with a crappy farmer than a crappy robber for the same reason you just mentioned as well.

I'm not attacking all bandits, we have some fantastic ones here. Some just aren't up to par as the others.

And what exactly is the source...because what you suggested will not fix anything, it would just put more work on staff and I don't think someone should have to "audition" to roleplay...Yeah extending the timer is not going to fix anything, neither is removing it...if a person has to go in real life they have to go, thats just plain and simple, sure they may be punished for it but oh well real life trumps game life always...so this whole discussion about the 15 minute timer is sort of pointless because the solutions suggested won't solve anything especially the audition part and the forced permadeath part...

I think we just null and voided the last 4 pages. High five buddy!

We constantly suggest rule changes, then slowly come realize, what we have is the best we can make it without pissing in some ones cornflakes

Once again, this thread is being warned and will be closed if attitudes can't be checked.  Get it together people and have a civil conversation.

Replies are in red.

I agree with you, it doesn't mean their RP is going to be good. But I can deal easier with a crappy farmer than a crappy robber for the same reason you just mentioned as well.

I'm not attacking all bandits, we have some fantastic ones here. Some just aren't up to par as the others.

I think we just null and voided the last 4 pages. High five buddy!

We constantly suggest rule changes, then slowly come realize, what we have is the best we can make it without pissing in some ones cornflakes

Agreed *brofist*

Also I hate corn flakes...I prefer frosted flakes ;)

Once again, this thread is being warned and will be closed if attitudes can't be checked.  Get it together people and have a civil conversation.

Define "Civil"

I agree with you. However I did feel like saying something as the bland RP that people often provide who play civilian roles is one of the main reasons that I no longer enjoy playing DayZRP like I used to, as it often feels like all of my encounters are the exact same where the person either rushes off or shuts down conversation and sits silently.

Nothing about the conversation that is currently occurring is uncivil.

Define "Civil"

Not flaming, insulting, or hateful in nature.  It wasn't directed at you so don't take it as such.

Just seeking some clarification from the OP and anyone else that seems to agree to extending the time, but do you think that any change should just apply to where there is some kind of robbery or to any kind of hostile act?  The way the rules are worded now, the 2 hour and 15 minute timers apply to any hostile act.

So what happens to those groups or indivuals on the server that are seen as "hostile" but who may not necessarily be bandits?  There are a couple of groups who will for the most part commit what is classed as a "hostile action" for RP purposes but will not rob anyone (im not saying that they 100% never rob anyone but there can be good IG reasons for doing so and I have even seen so called "hero groups" straight out rob people).  Or what about where gear is taken but for RP purposes?  To give you an example the other day I saw person A remove person B's shirt because it had a flag on it and person A had decided that person B was not worthy to wear the flag.  Person A cut up the shirt and person B was then given a replacement (the only difference being cosmetic, same number of slots).

Regardless of whether they are a "bandit" or just committing hostile actions, isn't extending the timer just going to potentially limit hostile RP on the server and possibly force those that simply cannot spend more than an hour or two in front of a computer (for a variety of reasons) to not be able to do any kind of RP which could be classed as hostile?  Or do you think that the extended timer should only apply to where something is actually stolen from someone, which has the danger of being very gear over RP-ish, and could create further problems?  

I have been on the receiving end of robberies many times and there have been times where I have managed to track down my robbers a week or so later and exact what my character deemed as revenge (it didn't involve killing but I was happy with the humiliation I caused them).  There is always the chance that you are going to run into them again and nothing is stopping you from actively searching for them and initiating on them when you do.  I think all an extension of time does is make things easier for the person who was wronged to get a free kill or two instead of having to do what the hostile party had to do, which was initiate and give some RP.  Yes there will be times when you will probably never have a chance to get them again for whatever reason but such is life (even in games).

Also in terms of the perma death thing, I think this is a double edged sword, the OP seems to be implying that perma-deathing would discourage hostile groups from being so aggressive, but couldn't it also be abused?  To use the example that the OP gave, what if Group B initiates then while Group A is waiting for the morning, Group B positions themselves knowing what is coming their way and because they have had more time to prepare and strategically position themselves it is Group A that gets wiped out, then Group B simply can rinse and repeat until Group A either backs down or the group is perma deathed.

Define "Civil"

Not flaming, insulting, or hateful in nature.  It wasn't directed at you so don't take it as such.

I actually have developed alot of respect for all those I have been arguing and agreeing with. We all feel pationately about this, and alot of us (not all) are bringing something fairly constructive to our arguments.

High fives and nipple pinches all around folks.