Server time: 2017-08-17, 01:50

Sign in to follow this  
Jetwells

Question about bandit groups

Jetwells    242

Ive noticed since my time in RP, All bandit groups seem to ally with other bandit groups, Yet set sights on having civilian based groups as enemies. Surely bandit groups would go against bandit groups? Not all form an alliance of some form and just harass civilian characters. Is there any reason why people do this? What are peoples views on this type of thing? Am i the only one who thinks this? Lets discuss.

I think lot of it is OOC relations. Who would want to rob a good OOC friend?

In general civilians are easier targets, thus making the choise to rob a potential well organised group versus a less well organised group and presumable less good at pvp a rather easy one.

Jetwells    242

Then its a form of metagaming that Dustin, Thats a major problem i see here. People take things to an OOC level far too often, making alliances between groups that would never happen in a real scenario just because they are OOC friends is bad RP in my eyes.

And Wendsill, Thats another problem. What did you mention there, PvP. Isnt that something we should be avoiding here? People target civilians so its an easy robbery and then if they fight back they get easy kills? Kinda lame if you ask me.

Whether it is lame is not up to me to decide, I only gave an explanation on why bandit groups might ally with each other.

I'm relatively new here but just browsing the groups forum, I see there's quite a bit of bandit groups that are hostile towards each other. I think most of it comes from in game actions, in my opinion. If someone is hostile towards a group member then everyone will be hostile back to that individual and anyone associated with them. But if one person happens to do something nice then everyone else might have a different view point on that group.

Ramon    328

They have the same interests in things. Why work against each other? And why do some 'good/hero' groups work together ? Its the same...Its is what it is, you can not say to them: Thats not allowed..

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa   
Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

See I mean no offense here, but wasn't the Volki-Wolves friendship on an OOC friendship basis?

Anyway bandit groups ally with other bandit groups to achieve due to mutual interest, and what Wendsill said about civilians being easier targets is also true

Phoenix    1034

Well...

The BTR usually only initiates on the people that disrespect us, are rude to us, call us names etc. or have information we needs..

Now. We are allied with groups that share the same interests with us or think alike. Whether they're bandits or not doesn't matter to be fair.

Spartan    986

See I mean no offense here, but wasn't the Volki-Wolves friendship on an OOC friendship basis?

Volki is not on friendly with The Wolves? we are neutral with eachother as shown in the diplomacy roster... 

I'm friends ooc with Deeblack yes but ic we are neutral to eachother

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa   
Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

Volki is not on friendly with The Wolves? we are neutral with eachother as shown in the diplomacy roster... 

I was speaking about back in the days of Rodina when Volki decide to choose a foreigner couple over their own fellow countrymen

Spartan    986

I was speaking about back in the days of Rodina when Volki decide to choose a foreigner couple over their own fellow countrymen

ah sorry,

that was all ic aswell. I didn't knew the volki members beside David. My character then made a good impression with Volki and helped them out several times. Volki didn't like the way rodina handled things so it would make sense to team up with the forgeiners who you already are on good terms with. Also my character became friends with other members before meeting Davids character.

My character and his girlfriend did good things for Chernarus and Volki has no problem with foreingers who did good. Besides that we had good experiences with eachother IC.

It really depends on the group. I usually don't like to have allies. I like to harass everyone equally.

Defiance    96

I think most bandit groups are neutral with each other. Temporary alliances are common when it pursues a common means to an end. Some are downright hostile with each other, though.

Heroz_Nick    21

Realistically in the apocalypse you would only speak to the people you trust... and only work with the people who you see eye to eye with...and thats that really.

but sometimes in life people take risks, and cant afford to have enemies.

Storm    203

Well, from what I've experienced, there are alot of bandit groups against eachother. For example, BTR works with The Brotherhood, against Black Sky and Saoirse. We don't actually have any bad relations with any civilian groups as of now.

Every bandit I've been in has killed other bandit groups. Maybe not as much because civilians are easier targets, but it still happens.

tyrone84    0

It does make sense that a group of Bandits would pray on the weak rather than risk death attacking a stronger group. You're not dealing with moral characters here. If you look at the world of organised crime you'll often see the Italian Mafia having an uneasy truce with the Russian Mafia and Triads, which will remain in place as long as they don't mess with each other.

The way I see it is David's OOC friendship influences the turn of events IG a lot,it's the reason multiple members of the group left.Even recently we had to have a long talk of how we aren't supposed to be hostile with the wolves because of some events that took place IG.It's silly and I'm getting sick of OOC friendships influencing things that happen IG.Not talking about just David here,but it's a good example.

I would? :D

I don't see the fuzz, but mainly bandits band up with each other because a lot of them have very similar goals I would guess.

Phoenix    1034

but mainly bandits band up with each other because a lot of them have very similar goals I would guess.

That is exactly the reason why. We have a lot of groups that have the same goals as us, that's why we (for example) team up with them.

We are allies with a group where I didn't know any of the members out of character, and after becoming allies, we all became friends :D

Similar goals = alliances.

Kanen    108

As a leader of an "Hostile Group" I tend to keep a balance between this. For example for every bandit group I become friends with,I like to become enemies with another. Some of the best RP I receive is from enemy bandit groups and I would like to keep it that way. As for the topic I believe its for the simple matter of fact they team up to make it easier to take control of civilian groups. Plus with similar goals this means you have a lot more to talk about IC.