Server time: 2017-08-20, 13:33

Sign in to follow this  
Fleety

Fleety's Guide to Immersive Radio Sounds

Fleety    4

INTRODUCTION

To preface this guide, a user named AdamTheToast has created a guide showing how you could activate mic-clicks for teamspeak 3 so that talking over radio coms on teamspeak become more immersive by adding the static clicks when you press and release your push to talk key. (Thread can be found Here). I highly recommend you use that guide and ad mic clicks to your TS3 because it works perfectly (but is not required) with what I'm about to show you. Now, what I have found has drastically improved my immersion while using teamspeak as my radio communication - it is a plugin called CrossTalk. This plugin comes with plenty of nifty features, but most of all it comes with an interface called Radio-FX, which basically ads a whole bunch of effects and tweaks to how you hear people in your channel so that it actually sounds as if you are communication over radios. 

Here is a sample video:

[video=youtube]

Cool right?

Now, how to actually get it.

INSTALLATION 

1. Follow this link here: http://addons.teamspeak.com/directory/addon/miscellaneous-plugins/CrossTalk.html

This takes you to the download site.

2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says Download

3. Once the file has downloaded, double click as if opening it and it will load itself on to teamspeak and you will get this window:

[align=left]712389f9dc.PNG

Do not change anything on this screen and just click Install

4. Restart your teamspeak 3 client if it was open. And Ta-Da! It's Installed

5. Now that you're in teamspeak go to the Tab:   Plugins > CrossTalk > RadioFX

And tick all 3 Options "Home"  "Whisper"  and  "Other".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, as for how you set it up is entirely up to you (i.e adjusting frequencies and what not). I would recommend while not in-game to play around with all the settings and set it up to personal preference. 

Hope you enjoy! This is my first guide so please leave a post letting me know if this helped or if you had any problems with it. I know this guide isn't perfect and probably needs some fine tuning so I'll take all the tips and fixes I can get. Cheers.

1171.gif

Ramon    334

Hahah cool! Going to download it and test it ;)

Phoenix    1051

I don't really like it because I think in big groups it would make the IC coms a clusterfuck when you're in the middle of a firefight.

I am also not a hardcore campfire RPer so therefore I don't really see why this would be necessary in teamspeak :D

But yeah. Just my personal opinion :D

Edit: Just watched the video and after a few minutes the constant beep and crackle already does my head in :D

Fleety    4

Thanks, will d/l it later.

Hahah cool! Going to download it and test it ;)

No problem fellas, enjoy. 

Should provide for some immersive RP via radio, will definitely check it out later :)

Oh believe me, it does. It's a game changer.

I don't really like it because I think in big groups it would make the IC coms a clusterfuck when you're in the middle of a firefight.

I am also not a hardcore campfire RPer so therefore I don't really see why this would be necessary in teamspeak :D

But yeah. Just my personal opinion :D

Edit: Just watched the video and after a few minutes the constant beep and crackle already does my head in :D

From my experience I have honestly not noticed any more of a 'Clusterfuck' then I would normally get without this plugin. And every noise you hear in that video is optional and customisable, so I would still recommend it, because like I mentioned in the guide that it leaves everything up to preference and you can set everyone to how you like it. But yeah you are right, sometimes in a very full teamspeak the beeps and crackles can 'get to you' a bit if you have them all enabled.

Sign in to follow this