Server time: 2017-08-16, 13:23

Sign in to follow this  

In game name gone in forums?

Question

Well recently I realize that my in game names are disappearing from the forums, usually I go by a name like 主人运势[Fortune]

Or something like that, but it has been disappearing for the last 2 times i put it up. 

I'm not sure if the website doesnt allow a different language in the names or the admins are removing it because it isnt a valid RP name.

15 answers to this question

CorbSlayer    33

You may be right when you say the website does not allow other languages. My in-game name includes English letters and i haven't had any issues. Maybe try setting your in-game name to something that is only English letters, and see if it still disappears. It's worth a shot.

After speaking with Rolle about this, he has confirmed that in-game names on your profiles can only be in ASCII.

/Solved

ASCII means ''American Standard Code for Information Interchange'' for what i know.

Does that mean i cant use ''Æ-Ø-Å'' if i wanted to ?

Conor    243

After speaking with Rolle about this, he has confirmed that in-game names on your profiles can only be in ASCII.

/Solved

ASCII means ''American Standard Code for Information Interchange'' for what i know.

I have no idea about it, that is just what Rolle told me.

From looking at the wikipedia page, there is this list which contains all the characters you can use (the glyphs).

/Solved

From looking at the wikipedia page, there is this list which contains all the characters you can use (the glyphs).

I dont see any of the 3 last letters in the nordic alphabet, i feel extremely disapointed...

Conor    243

I dont see any of the 3 last letters in the nordic alphabet, i feel extremely disapointed...

My most sincere apologies.... :P

I may consider changing my name to Dån Sømmer in pure protest

Conor    243

All username changes have to be approved by Rolle himself ;)

I ment in game name, but Rolle is a man of the north, i am sure he would approve :D

Conor    243

I ment in game name, but Rolle is a man of the north, i am sure he would approve :D

I highly doubt that DayZ would allow those characters either. Sometimes it might kick you just for having a period after an initial in your name.

I highly doubt that DayZ would allow those characters either. Sometimes it might kick you just for having a period after an initial in your name.

Never tried that, i guess im just going to continue to be extremely disapointed...

They don't, there is a way around it however but it only works 50% of the time as far as i'm concerned, 0/10 would not attempt.

/Solved

thanks conor

/Solved

DayZRP is clearly racist. White supremacist, specifically.