Server time: 2017-10-19, 09:16
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
DeKAP

fresh spawn roleplay?

Grihm    16

Help on how to rp as a freshspawn?

Simply don´t. You are as anyone else, so just ignore the fact that you just respawned, because you did not IC.

Just leave the shoreline and start your way. No need to mention anything related to "spawning" sine in game it never happens.

Guest Max   
Guest Max

Help on how to rp as a freshspawn?

Act like nothing happened.

Dustup    124

make up something as to why you don't have much on you, this will help if you run into someone and they ask you why you barely have anything on you.  Some suggestions:

• I was robbed
  • I was trapped in a house and the infected started breaking through so i just left all my stuff jumped out a window and ran
  • i was being chased down and dumped most of my stuff to help me run faster

SatansNightOut    105

My favorite excuse is, "I don't know why I keep getting in cars with strangers. I always wake up, hungover, on the beach, covered in someone else's blood. Damn cocaine and tequila."

"someone doped my rice man..."

Ramon    360

You just woke up on the beach with wiskey bottles around you after a party night.... Good morning!

Hagger    117

My freshie RP's have been:

- "We partied too much, some survivor brought his home-made booze and it was maybe too powerful. Can't remember anything from the last couple of days."

- "I was setting up a camp on top of a cliff and the wind blew my tent along with my equipment down. I was trying to retrieve it and I fell and probably bashed my head. I have terrible headache and I can't remember anything."

- "Some people kidnapped me, they threw me into their truck and drove me somewhere, couldn't tell where because I was blindfolded. They mugged, robbed and dumped me in here."

Fleety    4

There really is no cool way to explain why you're alone and naked on a beach, just saying.

DerrickStorm    34

There really is no cool way to explain why you're alone and naked on a beach, just saying.

Oh yes they are. Most of mine come from real life experience!

Only advice: Try not to say you just parachuten in from the plane that hit the hotel in Chernogorsk :P That ain't a good conversation starter.

DeKAP    0

Well last night I was thinking that I could be a war vet with ptsd and woke up in a psychiatrist's house after an experiment and fought him as a zombie and I heard banging and when I opened up it was zombies so I vanished to the attic where his I uncover the truth of the house, his patients with no hope ended up in the attic, chained, somehow exposed to the virus I then ditch my shit, grab a 2x4 and run down bashing heads in and busting my way to towards the door and on the way bigger sized zombie shows up, I hit him 3 times and break the 2x4 and then I just dodged his hand and hopped out the window

DerrickStorm    34

If you're planning on playing a character with soldier background and with a condition make research first - When it comes to PTSD and to the military background of your character, so everything adds up. Just don't go super soldier and you'll be golden!

DeKAP    0

If you're planning on playing a character with soldier background and with a condition make research first - When it comes to PTSD and to the military background of your character, so everything adds up. Just don't go super soldier and you'll be golden!

Yeah it's me going around surviving, telling war stories, and having ptsd I murder my family and a psychiatrist takes me in and promises that he'll try to do what he can to help. I then escape and then BOOM! Rp.

Grihm    16

Yeah it's me going around surviving, telling war stories, and having ptsd I murder my family and a psychiatrist takes me in and promises that he'll try to do what he can to help. I then escape and then BOOM! Rp.

As said, research PTSD first and don´t just make your own version of it and use the PTSD as an excuse for whatever mess you end up in. It´s been done dozens of times, and no one has pulled it off yet in a believable way.

Signs & Symptoms

PTSD can cause many symptoms. These symptoms can be grouped into three categories:

1. Re-experiencing symptoms

• Flashbacks—reliving the trauma over and over, including physical symptoms like a racing heart or sweating
  • Bad dreams
  • Frightening thoughts.

Re-experiencing symptoms may cause problems in a person’s everyday routine. They can start from the person’s own thoughts and feelings. Words, objects, or situations that are reminders of the event can also trigger re-experiencing.

2. Avoidance symptoms

• Staying away from places, events, or objects that are reminders of the experience
  • Feeling emotionally numb
  • Feeling strong guilt, depression, or worry
  • Losing interest in activities that were enjoyable in the past
  • Having trouble remembering the dangerous event.

Things that remind a person of the traumatic event can trigger avoidance symptoms. These symptoms may cause a person to change his or her personal routine. For example, after a bad car accident, a person who usually drives may avoid driving or riding in a car.

3. Hyperarousal symptoms

• Being easily startled
  • Feeling tense or “on edge”
  • Having difficulty sleeping, and/or having angry outbursts.

Hyperarousal symptoms are usually constant, instead of being triggered by things that remind one of the traumatic event. They can make the person feel stressed and angry. These symptoms may make it hard to do daily tasks, such as sleeping, eating, or concentrating.

It’s natural to have some of these symptoms after a dangerous event. Sometimes people have very serious symptoms that go away after a few weeks. This is called acute stress disorder, or ASD. When the symptoms last more than a few weeks and become an ongoing problem, they might be PTSD. Some people with PTSD don’t show any symptoms for weeks or months.

TLDR; PTSD does not be default turn you into a murderer.

Storm    215

Just make up some bullshit. I usually stick with the story that I was either robbed, or I left my things back at camp and walked down to the coastline. Never mention that you just died, or that you just spawned. Always make up a believable story.

People will understand that you just died OOCly, and shouldn't ask too many questions.

marksman48    44

Took a dip in the ocean and found your shit stolen?

Went out for a jog and got lost?

Got robbed and left to die?

There are a handful of excuses as to why you'd have no gear / a minuscule amount. However, it doesn't have to be part of your character background once you get the shit you need to make your character make sense (Strictly speaking though, it's been close to a year since patient zero, so what you were now doesn't exactly matter...).

Fleety    4

I might disagree with this one... bit silly y'know.

marksman48    44

Fleety

I might disagree with this one... bit silly y'know.

Generally,  I would agree with you, but just tonight my friend was in Dolina and wanted to go to Polana. All she had to do was follow a road. Instead, she wound up in Staroye.  I seriously have no clue. She even had a compass! And even then, she's not as bad as some of my other friends. Don't even get me started on them...

baskorthuis    10

If I die, I Always roleplay that I have no idea how I came on the coast and try to sound a bit confused.

Like if you have a hangover and don't remember anything.

You can also try to just make something up. Like you have been robbed or something.

But after a while you should go back to your background story.

Ellie    335

Usually what I do:

I make up a story of how I got robbed; or I make up a story of the crazy night I had last night. And how I don't even remember coming to the coast. Something along those lines. Very simple but effective :)

Roach    1645

I usually just say something like

"I have no idea what's going on. I was sitting by a campfire minding my own business when all of a sudden I was hit hard behind the head. That's all I remember really. Someone must of taken everything from me and god knows what else since I am nowhere near where I was last. Where are we?"

Anyways, the important thing is to not acknowledge what killed you but make up something that can possibly explain why you are at the coast. Plenty other great example in this thread too :)

It's important to find a good excuse (If you really need one) because not only are you on the coast, but you are gearless. Needs an explanation ;)

But in the end, you don't need to explain anything. Just roleplay as you would if you were fully geared. If they ask questions about why you are so naked then maybe provide some excuse for it, infected ripped your clothes or bandit stole your stuff anything really.

One person once told me he was a sleepwalker. He must of slept too hard and left all his gear behind. Not too bad either.

Covert    0

I just mention that I was doing something, lost consciousness and woke up on the coast, typicaly after that people will break off the roleplay and walk away, for whatever reason. Guess no one wanta to roleplay with freshspawn Covert :(

Roach    1645

I just mention that I was doing something, lost consciousness and woke up on the coast, typicaly after that people will break off the roleplay and walk away, for whatever reason. Guess no one wanta to roleplay with freshspawn Covert :(

Nah, I think people OOC understand you are a freshy and that you probably need to go gear up at least to a minimum. So they are trying to be nice and let you do what you need to do to get back on your feet. At least that's what I think.

Covert    0

Nah, I think people OOC understand you are a freshy and that you probably need to go gear up at least to a minimum. So they are trying to be nice and let you do what you need to do to get back on your feet. At least that's what I think.

I suppose so, but we'll be mid-conversation and they'll break it off. They should at least finish the RP they start.

Skeetsi    0

Usually as a freshie when encountering someone:

- Hey there's something in this house!

Sprint through it, disappear and never see the person again until I got at least some clothing etc.