Server time: 2017-10-18, 00:28
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
jhoops

is it ok to start on dayzrp if I am new to dayz

Question

jhoops    0

Is it ok to join dayzrp even though I would be completely new to dayz?      Should I play other servers first to learn or could I just rp as the guy (don't worry I would have a hopefully decent backstory) who knew almost nothing about dayz survival?    I might know basics from common knowledge.  Stuff that I would know in real life like food and water.

9 answers to this question

DeeBlack    310

Going in blind about the Survival could add to your immersion if you have to get others to teach you ect' ingame, but always learn the rules and the lore like crazy so your backstory and RP can be the best you can make it.

Yimo    4

It would help pretty well with the immersion like Dblack said, its like your trying to learn how to survive OOC, and IC :D. Just make sure to learn the F2 button haha, you will probably be doing that a lot.

Edit: Probably would be best to try and figure out the basics first, maybe read a few guides.

SatansNightOut    105

Definitely get used to the control mapping. The controls are mostly based off the Arma scheme so it's got somewhat of a unique feel that can be confusing at first. Knowing the keys is good to know for obvious reasons, but also so RP doesn't get awkward or you make a fatal mistake in a dire situation. Otherwise, I agree that not knowing anything about the "world" can make it a unique and interesting first experience. :)

But yes, learn the emotes (F keys) as stated above by Yimo.

Grihm    16

Is it ok to join dayzrp even though I would be completely new to dayz?      Should I play other servers first to learn or could I just rp as the guy (don't worry I would have a hopefully decent backstory) who knew almost nothing about dayz survival?    I might know basics from common knowledge.  Stuff that I would know in real life like food and water.

You are most welcome to join in even if it´s your first day evern in RP. However, you would do best to begin reading on the forums and searching about question you might have, since they could have been talked about before.

Secondly, do not go full out the second you join in on the servers. There is no need to be everything you want to be during the first 30 minutes of playing. Spread it out. A lot of people lately have just whitelisted, and then gone online to do whatever they feel is fun, but not necessarily fits the server or the community's way of playing. That is a good way of ending up in a report or getting banned.

If you want to ease into it, just begin slow. No need to be an ultra bad ass that knows it all and has seen every tragedy from A to Z.

In short, read the rules and questions on the forums, do not go full out the first thing you do, do not fall for the peer pressure to be as "evil and horrifying" as someone, and most of all, ask ask ask - read read read. One of the major mistakes people do is they whitelist and play but never read on the forums.

See the forums as an entire database of FREE information. Use it well.

Welcome to the community.

Janana    28

Going in blind about the Survival could add to your immersion if you have to get others to teach you ect' ingame, but always learn the rules and the lore like crazy so your backstory and RP can be the best you can make it.

The only thing I'd stress the most is the ensure that you never start asking OOC questions about how to do something in the middle of RP.

Autumn    127

Of course, OP has your question been answered? Or would you like more feedback from the community?

jhoops    0

Of course, OP has your question been answered? Or would you like more feedback from the community?

Of course.  Thank you for your input.  My question has been answered.

Pussy    377

/Solved.

I hope you enjoy your time here, and hopefully it will be a great place to learn! Don't be afraid to ask questions! If you need any help with anything, feel free to jump into the "Waiting for Staff Help" channel in the TS and a staff member can help you there.

Also, you should definitely join the "Newcomers Channel"! It's a great place to meet other community members!

DerrickStorm    34

[align=justify]Go for it man! When I've bought DayZ I've joined a public server, got killed and rage quited ::P Then I've googled a little bit, found dayzrp, whitelisted after two weeks and started playing. And man, it was an amazing experience - no knowledge of map, spawn points etc. Just RP and have fun, anything else doesn't matter. Good luck!