Server time: 2017-10-23, 17:15
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Terra

Interview with BigRig

Terra    1449

2d3f3cf4df.png

The idea of interview a community member is to take yet another step forward towards bringing the community together.

The idea is to create a thread where we will interview a random community member. During this interview we will ask the community member some questions regarding the community and how their DayZRP experience has been.

This week we interviewed:

BigRig

Thank you so much for participating!

~Tell us something unique about yourself! ~

Im a Viking  trapped in the body of a Canadian.. Nah but I bet I have the biggest beard in the community. Any challengers PM me.

~How has your DayZRP experience been? ~

Well with any thing there have been good and bad times.. however the good significantly outweighs the bad by a long shot. For instance, i had a two week stretch in march where I must have died from glitches thirty times or more, I know the rest of Blackwood got a kick out of it, especially Jacob Page. Those kind of unavoidable deaths kinda wore on me so i started to dial back my hours in game. but a couple weeks later I was back into DayZRP more than ever. Apart from that my time here has been amazing.

~ Have you made any friends during your time in this community? ~

Not at first, I joined the community during a massive influx of new people. it took me joining a group to start making some really good friends. I don't think i could name all of you but all the folks from Blackwood and The Reapers definitely stand out to me as good friends of mine.

~ Is there something that you would like to see added to our community? ~

Hmmm... with the addition of the events server I cant really think of anything off the top of my head that I would change or add.

~ What are some of your most memorable DayZRP experiences? ~

woah that's a tough question. Recently it would have to be the death of Oliver Parker. I tried to save him but he bled out in front of Ethan, Brody and myself. But my All time favorite RP moment would have to have been while i was playing Otto Grumm the German arms dealer. I was in Stary Sobor looking for some people when I ran into Scott Merriman and a person from Volki talking about a mercenary deal. I introduced myself as an arms dealer and they both seemed interested. The Volki man said he would wait outside while Scott and i discussed business. after concluding our deal the Volki man had several new friends waiting for us downstairs... I knew exactly what was going on so i pulled out my pump-action shotgun and waited.. The Volki man recognized me as a friend of Rodina and said I should leave, so I said "Auf wiedersehen Scott!" and walked away while they robbed him. I had  a good laugh about it with him later.

~ Is there anything in particular that you're looking forward to with DayZSA? ~

The new longrange radios could add a new element to the RP in the community. Think about it.. Negotiating hostage deals over the radio or even a dedicated frequency for a radio show. The possibilities for this new radio are endless.

~ What do you feel is the best thing about DayZRP and our community? ~

The creativity of this communities members seems unending sometimes. from the quality of RP I've encountered from people, the stunning work people put up on the media thread and the imaginative writings on the radio chatter thread, this community has creativity coming out of its ears.

~ Do you have any tips or hints for newcomers? ~

Being fairly new to this community i was honestly somewhat afraid of staff. I know they're people too, but other online gaming communities have proven to me that staff can permaban you if they're having a bad day and you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. This communities staff is very different from every other gaming communities I've encountered. all the staff I've dealt with have been extremely approachable and very helpful. So new people, if you have any questions at all don't be afraid to ask a staff member. They wont bite (No promises]

~ Is there anything you would like to see more of within the community? ~

last patch i would have said more inter group RP. but with persistence back it seems like that's changed, at least for our group. Recently our group has had boatloads of inter group RP and its been some of the best RP I've been apart of since joining the community.

Ark 

Interested in doing our interview?

Well you could be the potential next one!

We randomly pick people.

Keep a close eye on that PM box!

Terra    1449

Biggest beard huh? I summon Tomeran to this thread.

Agreed! ^

Pics!

Ark    231

Beard off?

Tewudin    44

Always like this kind of interviews. I'm interested to see how different people answer the same questions because answeres are often not the same. ;)

P.S Biggest beard? Hm... I've one too but I'm not going to fight with you over who's beard is bigger.

BigRig? More like BigBeard...

Damn it Wendsil to fast more me

Hagger    117

Row row! Beard fight! I'm in

Wendsill    0

Old, experienced and fast, thats quite the unique combination :troll:

Old, experienced and fast, thats quite the unique combination :troll:

*insert that's what she said joke*

it's a scary combination, I'm imagining a 70 year old ninja right now for some reason.

Guest Mak   
Guest Mak

Kodiak is love, Kodiak is life.

Nice one Kodiak.

Nice one Se7en.

BigRig    20

ill upload a pic when Im home. When Movember rolls around Im gonna shave'er off into an epic fu-man-chu/Handlebar to win the best mustache contest at work. that case of beer shall be mine!

here i am 4 months ago.. havent trimmed it since.. so its a biiit bigger :)

oAW1CC2.jpg

Storm    215

Good interview. I sense this turning into a beard comparison thread...