Server time: 2017-10-19, 00:15
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
TurtleMuncher

Executions

Question

I have some general questions about when it is appropriate to execute someone in game. 

Those who control the freedom of their victim(s) must do everything in their power to keep their victim(s) alive and in relatively good health, unless they have good in character reason to execute their victim(s). Otherwise the victim(s) may only be executed by the bandits if they do not comply with demands or if they pose a direct threat to them.

Above is what the rules state about executions. To me this seems a bit more up to interpretation and is more dealt with on a case by case basis since execution can be a very dynamic situation. Now let me explain some hypothetical situations and y'all can explain to me if that execution would be valid or not.

1. You were robbed a while ago but your 2 hour KOS rights have expired, you initiate on them and they comply, they are tried and are found guilty and are then sentenced to execution. The deed is done and you move on with your life.

2. The only thing different in this situation is that after initiating and they comply is that you do not try them before whatever court you can assemble and instead tell them to get on their knees, perform the execution and move on with you life.

3. In this situation the same circumstances apply except you are not actually present instead a group of your friends that have IC knowledge that is the person that robbed you and they perform the execution whether before a court or not. 

Would a public execution be power gaming? If you executed someone and you then run into that same person 15 minutes later the RP would be awkward to say the least. Of course you could get permission from the person to permadeath their character, but if they do not wish to have their character permadeathed could you still go through with the execution? I know execution does not necessarily mean permadeath but RP between anyone who was at the execution and the person executed would be horrible and in that situation how would you go about properly RPing with a person you just saw get executed? Can you talk about the execution or just treat them like you never met them before? of course the person who was executed would not remember a thing since this would be a violation of NLR. Either way I hope the community (since y'all are awesome) can help me get a better understanding of execution.

10 answers to this question

Grihm    16

I have some general questions about when it is appropriate to execute someone in game. 

Those who control the freedom of their victim(s) must do everything in their power to keep their victim(s) alive and in relatively good health, unless they have good in character reason to execute their victim(s). Otherwise the victim(s) may only be executed by the bandits if they do not comply with demands or if they pose a direct threat to them.

Above is what the rules state about executions. To me this seems a bit more up to interpretation and is more dealt with on a case by case basis since execution can be a very dynamic situation. Now let me explain some hypothetical situations and y'all can explain to me if that execution would be valid or not.

1. You were robbed a while ago but your 2 hour KOS rights have expired, you initiate on them and they comply, they are tried and are found guilty and are then sentenced to execution. The deed is done and you move on with your life.

2. The only thing different in this situation is that after initiating and they comply is that you do not try them before whatever court you can assemble and instead tell them to get on their knees, perform the execution and move on with you life.

3. In this situation the same circumstances apply except you are not actually present instead a group of your friends that have IC knowledge that is the person that robbed you and they perform the execution whether before a court or not. 

Would a public execution be power gaming? If you executed someone and you then run into that same person 15 minutes later the RP would be awkward to say the least. Of course you could get permission from the person to permadeath their character, but if they do not wish to have their character permadeathed could you still go through with the execution? I know execution does not necessarily mean permadeath but RP between anyone who was at the execution and the person executed would be horrible and in that situation how would you go about properly RPing with a person you just saw get executed? Can you talk about the execution or just treat them like you never met them before? of course the person who was executed would not remember a thing since this would be a violation of NLR. Either way I hope the community (since y'all are awesome) can help me get a better understanding of execution.

The entire concept is moot because of the system of immortality. I am calling it as such because it served a purpose back in the mod, but nowadays it´s systematically used to just get PVP whenever people feel like it.

The biggest problem is that it´s up to everyone to make their assumption on what is and is not a valid reason. Guess what... a majority will not agree that they did enough to validate a permadeath.

Basically you limit each hostile action to 15 minutes. That is the limit until you can log off. Grab a vehicle, go across the map, then log out. Tadaa... congrats, you did your thing and now you are safe if you don´t log back in for 1 hour and 45 min.

There is nothing left on the servers basically part from a never ending spiral of shoot, kill, re spawn and on it again, stale RP and a contest on who can be more verbally abusive or more violent than the other.

People cannot die.... the answer to the problem is in the statement.

Hellish    0

The answer is simply no it wouldn't be powergaming. They choose when to perma-death. If they run into someone that was present at the execution then they can make up an excuse as to why they are alive. However most of these options aren't valid unless you have a long history with the person, otherwise it would be an invalid execution.

Isn't it a valid execution if the person has. Multiple times attacked a group or provoked them several times perhaps even stealing when you are allowed to actually execute someone?

This is what I understood when I got wrongfully executed for something I never did, just information I knew about that I hadn't acquired especially hard to get, just piecing things together.

Hellish    0

Isn't it a valid execution if the person has. Multiple times attacked a group or provoked them several times perhaps even stealing when you are allowed to actually execute someone?

Yes, this would be valid as you have created a history with the person you are executing.

Ark    229

Execution rights can only be attained after multiple hostilities have happened between the parties or individuals involved. You can not execute someone simply because he called me a bad name the other day or he robed be two days ago as I sad above there has to be multiple hostilities. With the feedback from the community and staff do you feel your question has been answered? Is there anything else we can assist you with?

Josh    37

I guess its really up to the person on how they wanna rp it.

I personally will never perma death any of my characters i have had my josh char for 2 years.

It can be simply rp'ed around the fact that that person executed you before.

Basically to keep the role play less awkward the executioners forget the execution

along with the person that got executed so it could potentially happen again or hostilities can resume between both parties..

Another way you could do it is if you had executed a person one day and then the next you run into/capture them again 

you can not go into details about who they are as to not make it awkward rp wise. 

I personally would avoid getting in contact with the person executed for a week, just as a cool down for the rp.

Executioners be very careful about how you talk about executions. Instead of saying names

you cane say "we executed some of your people". Much more vague and much easier to rp around.

I do think executions are jumped to far too quickly nowadays, you want to have extended hostilities with a person or group.

That's where the good story lines come from and the really good hostile rp come from.

If you jump right to executing a person you really have no chance of building a story.

Slash    87

Hey TurtleMuncher do you think this answered your question? Or do you still have some questions about executions?

Hey TurtleMuncher do you think this answered your question? Or do you still have some questions about executions?

yes all these responses have answered my question. Thank You!

Slash    87

/Solved as the OP got his answer.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me or any other staff member!