Server time: 2017-10-23, 07:47
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  

Issue with forum coding

Question

I was doing a bit of updating of a thread when I came across a small issue with the spoilers. I figured it was with the thread, did my usual method of solving it, failed. Went up to the helpdesk and try and get it fixed, failed. 

I didnt know what was going on, and I didnt know if it was me being stupid or a website bug

The Original coding that worked:

8879798e68b6ed9e1337d6aacb5ef9c7.png

How the original code looked like in preview(How it's suppose to look like)

790aec635a183ed850037e8e9dd331b4.png

Now the spoilers on this is fine, and usually I would just leave it at that. I tried today to move a couple names around, did the usual coding and this is what I got

Coding:

634a4607ab170c1375a4695ab2de2df4.png

Preview:

b05333af01ca5527c0c1dfb53a0712f4.png

The main problem is when the names are underneath the spoilers, or when they are inside the spoilers it's messed up like Tucker is. As you can see from the coding, it should be correct. But it doesnt seem to be working, not sure if website bug or require a different method of fixing than usual. 

I brought this issue up with the helpdesk and both Ark and Nocheluz had no idea and told me it could just be a website bug.

BTW, thanks to Ark and Nocheluz for spending time helping me in the helpdesk just now.

5 answers to this question

Zero    465

I noticed this as well when I created my thread, I just removed all the spoilers instead of trying to figure out a solution. I assumed that I just couldn't do it, but I suppose it's an actual issue.

Conor    254

Can you send me a PM with all of the code that is fucked up and I can try and work out what went wrong and how to fix.

Can you send me a PM with all of the code that is fucked up and I can try and work out what went wrong and how to fix.

there you go.

kinda got it fixed with the help of Tucker, but the alignments inside the spoilers are weird and there seems to keep popping up issues

Autumn    127

Alright! For the time being Kenny I'll solve your thread! Glad you could find a solution! /solved

Alright! For the time being Kenny I'll solve your thread! Glad you could find a solution! /solved

no problem, thanks for everyone who tried to solved the issue.

peeps last I still don't know the issue but I found a quick little fix that may or may not interfere with future coding, finger crossed.

but if anyone do figure out the root cause of the issue I would like to address it from there so I won't have this again