Server time: 2017-08-21, 04:53

Sign in to follow this  
Chriss

weird bug

Question

Chriss    1

Hi, not sure if im the only one but sometimes this weird graphic-bug appears. Im not sure if it depends on locations or just trigger randomly, its also not often but when it happens, DayZ is nearly unplayable for this moment.

So everything looks like this:

3405041.jpg

The textures are flashing from normal to Minecraft-Resolution, i get heavy dsync, voices are barely to understand and i only can move very slow.

I haven´t found other people who have the same problem yet and wondering if its just me.

Does anybody here know, whats the reason for it?

Or has similar experience?

11 answers to this question

Brad    155

/moved to troubleshooting

Samaritan    254

That is the exact same thing that I have been experiencing after around 5-10mins every time I get in game. It happens on Arma 3 multiplayer as well but every other game is absolutely fine.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-FPS-and-Graphical-Issues-DayZ-SA-and-Arma-3

Yep, exactly what I sometimes have too. A quick fix for a while for me has been to just quickly change a graphic setting and it will reset itself.

I've had the same a couple of times in the past. I usually solved this by restarting my computer. Haven't had in a while though.

I think it used to be connected to the amount of items DayZ had to load in. EG, where was I on the map. Bigger chance of it happening in the larger towns.

I believe with the current patch, it's some sort of memory error. So yeah, when in bigger towns when the game has to load more memory, there is more chance that this will happen.

had it a couple times, usually I think it's my CPU overheating and requiring some attention. The CPU monitor is suddenly at 90-100% usage which causes my game to lag out.

One method I use to do for a quick fix is to go to task manager and change the priority on Dayz.exe to high instead of normal. But it's best to exit out the game and restart your PC. Let it rest for a while then launch DayZ again.

DayZ is insane on the CPU usage and for those of us that doesnt run something insane and good, it does fucks the PC up from time to time.

Samaritan    254

had it a couple times, usually I think it's my CPU overheating and requiring some attention. The CPU monitor is suddenly at 90-100% usage which causes my game to lag out.

One method I use to do for a quick fix is to go to task manager and change the priority on Dayz.exe to high instead of normal. But it's best to exit out the game and restart your PC. Let it rest for a while then launch DayZ again.

DayZ is insane on the CPU usage and for those of us that doesnt run something insane and good, it does fucks the PC up from time to time.

Hmmm that concerns me if that is correct, considering that it happens every 5 or 10mins of me playing. I wondering if my CPU is giving up. I think I will monitor my CPU usage/temp while in game and see what happens. I can play any other games and it is totally fine, frustrating this one is.

Chriss    1

That is the exact same thing that I have been experiencing after around 5-10mins every time I get in game. It happens on Arma 3 multiplayer as well but every other game is absolutely fine.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-FPS-and-Graphical-Issues-DayZ-SA-and-Arma-3

~Yes, the same, must be annoying when you get it every time you log in...

I don´t realy believe it has something to do with loot-spawns, i´ve been at some loot-explosions before and everything was find and i´ve never been in a towns as it happend, i was in villages or just in a field...

The question was actually if its just my older cpu or a generaly Problem

I mostly just continue playing and after max. 5mins it runs fine again, hope theyll fix it

Haven't seen you already posted the same problem, sorry :)

You can mark it as solved and we can continue in your thread

Hmmm that concerns me if that is correct, considering that it happens every 5 or 10mins of me playing. I wondering if my CPU is giving up. I think I will monitor my CPU usage/temp while in game and see what happens. I can play any other games and it is totally fine, frustrating this one is.

If you have this gadget on your PC, I highly suggest you use it to monitor when your CPU is overheating. Typically when it hits a 100, it'll mean everything is slowed down, because of system overload. 

It does get frustrating sometimes but DayZ isn't optimized and takes more of CPU usage than anything

ae72b0c29d1859554ae9ce82e7e8080c.png

(I hope I won't get into the bad corner when writing here but..)

It's like you guys said, the game is leaking memory and when it hits the cap you have to simply restart dayz and it should work fine again, I had this issue when they new patch came out and it completely destroys my computer which has pretty high end gear... No need to restart the computer, that was all I wanted to say and I hope I'm not doing anything wrong by typing here even though it is solved.