Server time: 2017-08-24, 10:42

Sign in to follow this  
Samaritan

FPS and Graphical Issues - DayZ SA and Arma 3

Question

Samaritan    258

Hello all,

Between 5 and 10mins of playing DayZ SA and Arma 3 (multiplayer) with mostly high settings my FPS drops to around 2-5 and graphics quality goes very low making it unplayable, it looks like things do not want to rez correctly and it's like I'm walking through mud. I've tried all of the tweaks, settings and launch parameters etc. but nothing seems to work. I have tried dropping everything to low and disabling certain things (shadows/clouds) but the same thing always happens.

r2.gif

I can play Arma 3 (single player), Elite: Dangerous, Guantlet, Arma 2 OA, Euro Truck Sim 2, Project Zomboid etc. with high settings with absolutely no issues.

This has been happening for a while now, since before I took a break.

Any suggestions?

16 answers to this question

I 'think' I have this same issue. In this video it happened to me at the worst time. Is this what you are on about?

[video=youtube]

If it's the same thing, then the small fix for the moment until there they actually fix it, is to just quickly change one graphic setting while it's happening, and then you can change the graphic setting back to whatever it was before, and it should get rid of whatever is wrong.... For a while anyway.

edit: If it's not that, then i'm not sure - sorry.

Samaritan    258

-SNIP-

I think it is similar. I actually noticed that, if I change a setting it then works ok for a bit then I have to do the same thing. It happens randomly so I can change the setting and it's OK for maybe 2mins or 5mins or 10mins then the 'issue' happens again. Just makes me not want to play it as it's not enjoyable to keep changing the settings every time it happens.

I actually noticed that, if I change a setting it then works ok for a bit then I have to do the same thing. It happens randomly so I can change the setting and it's OK for maybe 2mins or 5mins or 10mins then the 'issue' happens again. Just make me not want to play it as it's not enjoyable to keep changing the settings every time it happens.

Hmm, that is strange. I've noticed it happens to me now and then. Maybe once a week, very very random. And then when I change a graphic setting, it doesn't happen again for a while. So that's pretty weird that yours does it what... every 5ish mins? Maybe... try updating drivers, graphic drivers and what not? If not then... Ask on DayZ Forums if nobody here has a solution? Maybe someone else has the same problem as you.

Samaritan    258

I actually noticed that, if I change a setting it then works ok for a bit then I have to do the same thing. It happens randomly so I can change the setting and it's OK for maybe 2mins or 5mins or 10mins then the 'issue' happens again. Just make me not want to play it as it's not enjoyable to keep changing the settings every time it happens.

Hmm, that is strange. I've noticed it happens to me now and then. Maybe once a week, very very random. And then when I change a graphic setting, it doesn't happen again for a while. So that's pretty weird that yours does it what... every 5ish mins? Maybe... try updating drivers, graphic drivers and what not? If not then... Ask on DayZ Forums if nobody here has a solution? Maybe someone else has the same problem as you.

I have updated everything, I wish it only happened once or twice a week for me lol. Thanks for trying.

Have you tried 'flushing'?

Flushing works for me when this happens(which is very rarely). You could always try and edit CFG files such as scene complexity to see if that fixes the issue.

Samaritan    258

Have you tried 'flushing'?

Flushing works for me when this happens(which is very rarely). You could always try and edit CFG files such as scene complexity to see if that fixes the issue.

I'll give it a go. Thanks Fackmos.

Oliv    1572

since this is something that happens more as you play (after 5 minutes?) possibly a RAM failing or temperature issue?

Do you hardware log at all? If not, I would try it and see what happens. HW monitor is a god one, or you can try something like afterburner/riva tuner if you want OSD as well as logs (HW monitor might do OSD, not sure).

CODEHX    1

That happened to me once and I did the flush command and maybe even disconnected then reconnected to the server and it was fixed.

To perform a flush:

-Press the LEFT Shift key + the NUMPAD Minus key together.

-Type flush

Samaritan    258

since this is something that happens more as you play (after 5 minutes?) possibly a RAM failing or temperature issue?

Do you hardware log at all? If not, I would try it and see what happens. HW monitor is a god one, or you can try something like afterburner/riva tuner if you want OSD as well as logs (HW monitor might do OSD, not sure).

I'll give it a go, but as stated I don't have the same issue with any other games. It only happens on DayZ SA and Arma 3 multiplayer. Arma 3 single player is fine. I don't think it is a temp issue as far as I know but I'll look into it.

Oliv    1572

I'll give it a go, but as stated I don't have the same issue with any other games. It only happens on DayZ SA and Arma 3 multiplayer. Arma 3 single player is fine. I don't think it is a temp issue as far as I know but I'll look into it.

Sorry, I missed that. Either way, I wish you luck

Autumn    121

OP were you able to fix the problem with the suggestions provided?

Grihm    16

Hello all,

Between 5 and 10mins of playing DayZ SA and Arma 3 (multiplayer) with mostly high settings my FPS drops to around 2-5 and graphics quality goes very low making it unplayable, it looks like things do not want to rez correctly and it's like I'm walking through mud. I've tried all of the tweaks, settings and launch parameters etc. but nothing seems to work. I have tried dropping everything to low and disabling certain things (shadows/clouds) but the same thing always happens.

r2.gif

I can play Arma 3 (single player), Elite: Dangerous, Guantlet, Arma 2 OA, Euro Truck Sim 2, Project Zomboid etc. with high settings with absolutely no issues.

This has been happening for a while now, since before I took a break.

Any suggestions?

I had a similar issue but only related to Arma 3. I updated my BattleEye manually and the issue was resolved for me. Give that a try.

Josh    37

You should check to see if there are any updates for your graphics drivers, i have heard of this happening for this reason.

Samaritan    258

You should check to see if there are any updates for your graphics drivers, i have heard of this happening for this reason.

I already updated everything that could be updated. It is a strange one but I'll try some of the suggestions mentioned above and hopefully things sort themselves out.

Feel free to close this and I request it to be re-opened if I have no luck.

Slash    84

/Solved as its requested by the OP.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me or any other staff member!