Server time: 2017-10-21, 22:47
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Defiance

Limited BeanZ per day?

Defiance    96

I tried giving a member some BeanZ for an excellent radio chatter post, and was informed that I only have a limited amount of BeanZ to distribute per day.

Why are there restrictions? This seems arbitrary. The member in question deserved the rep -- I try to always rep players who demonstrate goodRP, especially well-written radio chatter threads.

What's the limit on how many I can give out? Can we remove this limit?

Samaritan    346

I think it is there to prevent people spamming BeanZ aka rep.

Defiance    96

Can't we just restrict the people that are spamming? I really would prefer to reward players who deserve to be rewarded with rep. Spammers shouldn't ruin that privilege for us.

Edit: Dang it, Shark!

Seems so, Just blame shark.

Defiance    96

Can I have this moved to Suggestions, please?

I'd like to see this get changed, if possible. Shark can't ruin these sorts of simple pleasures for us -- I'm putting my foot down!

Hagger    117

I'm sure shark has made somekinda loophole for himself.

I mean, LOOK AT HIS BEANZ! GET 'EM!

Samaritan    346

Can't we just restrict the people that are spamming? I really would prefer to reward players who deserve to be rewarded with rep. Spammers shouldn't ruin that privilege for us.

I think that it would be difficult to police that. The limit is there because some of the BeanZ is a little...erm easily given out. I'm not sure if the limit could be done so that your limited to one BeanZ per same person per day maybe to restrict the amount given to one individual. I think the limit is currently 5 and I've seen some people have all five given to them on one day. (not naming names :)) I do however think that this practice has calmed down a lot recently.

Wendsill    0

Unfortunately I do not think its possible to limit the amount of rep a user can give on the user level itself. And it would put a lot of extra work and pressure on staff by doing that. Each and every user would need to be monitored and adjusted if necesary.

Rep is meant to be used with caution, as you'll have a limited amount of it per day and it is to prevent the spamming of rep.

I'll mark this as solved as Samaritan gave you the answer.

Kanen    108

Just ban shark from getting beanz problem solved?

If we just allowed negative rep to be distributed we could take a 'Free market' approach to this problem and let the people decide for themselves.

negative rep sounds fun, "rotten beanZ"

either way, unless you go around like a puppy asking for BeanZ, or doing that bean4bean thing they do on social media then yeah.. no reason to put such a thing in forums.

#givemebeanzandillchangemyvote

Faith    732

I like how it was Marmite as negative but I only like making the positives. 

It's called Rosy Gold. It makes the person feel better about themselves

Flapjack    66

I personally believe the limit should be made on how many reputation you can give one person in a certain length of time, not how many you can give a day in general.

ie. You can give one unique user let's say, five BeanZ a month.

Roach    1649

I agree with flapjack. I wanna be able to give as many BeanZ as I want to people. What if 20 people deserve beanz and I can only give 5, well that sucks and I forget to come back the next day and that deserving person to which I wish I could rightfully rep will most likely never get it.

It should be this way.

- Unlimited amount of BeanZ to give as long as it's given to different people.

- Limit the BeanZ to 1 per day for the same user or like jack said, 5 per month on one user.

"You have already given BeanZ to this person today" - "You have already given 5 BeanZ to this person in the last 30 days"

If you're going to have a rep system, then why limit it like so. Rep motivates yes, but quite honestly it's not necessary anyways, people will always have tons of friends repping them just cause they are friends even if they don'T actually deserve it. In the end does it really matter that when you're online everything is a popularity contest in the end? ;)

Anyways, It really sucks to have a limit right now :(

Negative rep - absolutely not. people would use it as a way to abuse others.

What is the rep limit? Whatever it is, it seems arbitrarily low. I think I was restricted after having given two beanz the other day O_o

I agree with FlapJack, limit the number of Beanz given to the same user over a certain length of time, it just makes more sense to prevent the kind of spamming you're talking about. After all, it's NOT spammy if I have rep to give to 6 *different* users. It would be spammy if I wanted to use them all on the same person.

Defiance    96

Let's get this done!

Should I make a poll? I feel like it would be unnecessary, although it would help to prove my point.

'Abuse'.

Easy, all distributions of rep/beanz have to have a clear reason behind them - describing the qualities of the post commended. Also, rep can only be given to a user's post - not just their profile. 

Have spam blocks in place so that when negative rep can only be distributed one time for a member for one specific posts. It'd be easy to tell which +1s and -1s are just spam, friend feeding or hostile behaviour.

'Abuse'.

Easy, all distributions of rep/beanz have to have a clear reason behind them - describing the qualities of the post commended. Also, rep can only be given to a user's post - not just their profile. 

Have spam blocks in place so that when negative rep can only be distributed one time for a member for one specific posts. It'd be easy to tell which +1s and -1s are just spam, friend feeding or hostile behaviour.

Enforcing that ^ is the easier option than just NOT introducing the negativity into the forum? 

It's just unnecessary.

'Abuse'.

Enforcing that ^ is the easier option than just NOT introducing the negativity into the forum? 

It's just unnecessary.

Sure, but if it's going to be just a +1 'ur my m8' circlejerk game, then there needs to be someway to cut through the fat. I don't want negative rep in personally, if a post is trash - it gets reported and snipped - you're right that there's no need for members to rep people -1 "THIS POST RUINED THE THREAD." etc. 

As it stands, a rep for being somebody's friend - and a rep for contributing a quality post/thread/content hold the same weight and are very hard to tell from each other. This doesn't encourage quality posts or threads - it encourages you to have sycophantic friends and post dank memes.

You could post an amazing guide on RP and I could post a dank meme and the 'reputation' we gain respectively would be of the same value. I think this is the current rep system's biggest flaw.

Defiance    96

Yeah, I agree with TheGlassSpider. Negative rep is only going to cause issues. I'm looking for a way to REWARD players who deserve the reward. I don't have any interest in chastising anyone, nor do I have any interest in cataloging my distaste for someone. I just want to be able to simply tell someone,"Good job!" and boost their reputation with a simple click and a short message. ;_;

Jack the Ripper    350

Let's get this done!

Should I make a poll? I feel like it would be unnecessary, although it would help to prove my point.

Don't let your BeanZ be dreams. JUST, DO IT!

Seriously though, I think moderation is important. Unlimited beanZ to give per day could and probably would lead to spam (*Cough cough Shark*) but 5 beanZ per day may be perceived as too few. Maybe 10 per day or 15? Just my two cents.

Let's get this done!

Don't let your BeanZ be dreams. JUST, DO IT!

Seriously though, I think moderation is important. Unlimited beanZ to give per day could and probably would lead to spam (*Cough cough Shark*) but 5 beanZ per day may be perceived as too few. Maybe 10 per day or 15? Just my two cents.

Yes, I could agree with this - 10 would be good.

Defiance    96

I'm in favor of 10 per day, so long as Shark gets LESS THAN half.