Server time: 2017-10-20, 05:20
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
LoneStarrr

Strength [OPEN BROADCAST]

LoneStarrr    84

Alan slammed the door shut behind him as the rain pounded the ground and thunder rocked the earth. Surely they wouldn't follow him this far, would they? Either way, at this point all he could do was pray that they hadn't. He looked down at his sopping wet clothes in distaste. As he tried to remove his coat, a sharp pain shot up through his arm. He grimaced and continued to pull the sleeve off, revealing a freshly carved "W" in is arm.He rubbed the area around the fresh scare, wincing as he did."Bastards..." he muttered to himself before continuing to strip down. 

Once he had his clothes off and hung out to dry, he reached into his backpack and rummaged through it all the while hoping his radio didn't get wet. He found it at resting at the bottom of his backpack, wrapped in a rag. Alan unwrapped the radio and pressed down on the transmit button. 

"Friends, survivors, anyone listening...do not, I repeat, DO NOT go to Grishino. That place is full of nothing but a bunch of god-forsaken lunatics! They'll seem friendly and inviting at first, but they WILL turn on you. They do not judge by race, sex, or anything of that nature. They will take you, and they will hurt you, just as they have me...

Alan looked down at the mark on his arm once again, skin still burning. He let off the transmit button and listened to the sound of the rain on the rooftop. There was a rage within him that would only be extinguished by doing harm to those that had harmed him. He looked back down at his radio and, again, pressed down on the transmit button. 

"To anyone listening, I highly recommend that you heed my advice unless you too want to be harmed. Lastly, always remember, the biggest key to survival is STRENGTH...never forget that."

Layman96    1

*Max heres the message as he's scanning radio channels while sitting around a cozy fireplace with friends*

"I see someone else got marked...did you get the W? Fuckers did the same to me and a buddy...and killed our close friend. Even slashed his throat and drank his blood. *sigh* What a disgusting bunch. They lured us in the same way, all friendly and trading and what not."

*He sits for a minute, thinking about the moment he saw his friend take a .357 to the skull, point blank*

"Mike..Jack...Carter...I haven't forgotten you. Sick bastards."

*He sets the radio beside him and attempts to distract himself with the stories and riddles being told around the fire*

*Hearing the transmission, Xander picks up his radio and begins to transmit.*

"Grishino? We are not only there. We are everywhere. We are the shadows and we will watch you change, but if you don't we will need to teach you more. I hope you enjoyed your water."

*Satisfied, Xander turns his radio off*

CODEHX    1

Alexander is bundled up in a corner of a two story building with a new friend who he met earlier within the day. He clicked through different channels till he heard a transmission coming through.

"Hello, can you hear me? We can come help you in the morning but we have to wait till the storm is over! Who did this to you? We will make them pay, just let us know who did this to you!"

He grips his walkie tight and waits; hoping for a response.

LoneStarrr    84

*Max heres the message as he's scanning radio channels while sitting around a cozy fireplace with friends*

"I see someone else got marked...did you get the W? Fuckers did the same to me and a buddy...and killed our close friend. Even slashed his throat and drank his blood. *sigh* What a disgusting bunch. They lured us in the same way, all friendly and trading and what not."

*He sits for a minute, thinking about the moment he saw his friend take a .357 to the skull, point blank*

"Mike..Jack...Carter...I haven't forgotten you. Sick bastards."

*He sets the radio beside him and attempts to distract himself with the stories and riddles being told around the fire*

As Alan's radio crackled to life, he heard several voices come streaming through, all unknown. The first seemed to be a man who had suffered the same fate as him. As soon as he heard the unknown man mention a W, it immediately caught his attention. He dropped dropped the book of blank pages he had been sketching in and reached for the radio. He hungered for more information on these evil men. "Mike, Carter, Jack..." he muttered under his breath after hearing the names. He grabbed his notebook and wrote the names down below the name Nik. His list had grown so quickly and unexpectedly, he was somewhat joyful about it.

*Hearing the transmission, Xander picks up his radio and begins to transmit.*

"Grishino? We are not only there. We are everywhere. We are the shadows and we will watch you change, but if you don't we will need to teach you more. I hope you enjoyed your water."

*Satisfied, Xander turns his radio off*

The second voice also seemed unknown, however, Alan soon came to realize that he was talking to a member of the group who had done this to him. He gripped his radio tightly as the man talked. He felt the rage build more and more within him. He would make them pay for this, for doing such a thing to so many people. These were things that would stick with him for the rest of his life. Not only the scars, but the memories aswell. As the man finished talking, Alan's rage had built to a point that seemed unimaginable. He grabbed the canteen of water that he had filled and threw it as hard as he could out the window. It flew into the darkness and hit the ground far off, where it would sit until another soul stumbled upon it. He came back to the radio and snatched it up from the ground. He smashed the transmit button down, his knuckles turning white in the process. 

"All around, huh? Good, that'll make it easier to find you when the time comes to begin the killing..." Alan dropped the radio and slumped down onto the floor. He dropped his head into his hands. He knew what his fate would be if he continued the actions he was carrying out, but he began to wonder...did it even matter? He was going to most likely go out in some horrid way anyways, why not try and do some good in the process?[/b][/i]

Alexander is bundled up in a corner of a two story building with a new friend who he met earlier within the day. He clicked through different channels till he heard a transmission coming through.

"Hello, can you hear me? We can come help you in the morning but we have to wait till the storm is over! Who did this to you? We will make them pay, just let us know who did this to you!"

He grips his walkie tight and waits; hoping for a response.

The third voice was just the same as the past two, unknown. As he listened, a glimmer of hope began to shine within him. It was people like him, people who wanted to help! As they explained, the rage within Alan died down. After the man finished, Alan once again reached for his radio and picked it up. 

"Yes, I can hear you loud and clear. I too have hunkered down for the night, I really need to tend to this wound and get some sleep so I'm not sure when I'll be up an at 'em again. The only thing I know of the group was that they were in Grishino, a large group, maybe 10-15 strong. I also caught a few names in the process..." Alan reached over to his notebook and flipped to the page with the names. "Nik...Mike...Carter...and Jack. Those are some of their names. If you do decide to go after them, beware, they are heavily armed. It is also no doubt they have plenty of ammo to go along with their weapons. Whatever you decide, stay safe on your journey." With that, Alan let go of the transmit button and lay his radio down. He really needed to catch up on some sleep...

Sam B    0

*Zoja listens to the radio for a while before responding*

You know, strength comes in numbers. Stay with a group of friends and i doubt these guys would try anything, they may be 15 armed men, but if you are 5 armed men, they might think twice. As long as you see them before they see you then you will be fine.

*pauses* 

Do these guys give themselves a name or are they just "lunatics" that carve "W"'s into people? If thats the case i would kindly ask that if any of you "lunatics" as he called you are listening, can you carve something other than a "W"? my family kind of carve that into anyone who disrespects or threatens us, and we would like to be able to tell them apart from your random markings. Besides that, the rest of you guys stay safe, just keep your eyes out next time instead of blindly wander towards a group of 15 armed men in grishno... not the smartest idea.

*Releases the button and waits to hear a reasoning for the carving or a name*

Nik    0

*Listening to the back and fourth Nik decides to respond after hearing threats and others chime in*

"Lunatics? Kinda harsh don't you think fella.. First off I don't appreciate you telling my lesson ya know Mr.Alan, that was a lesson meant for you no one else. You shouldnt worry about others, just yourself"

"You were judged and you didn't pass, don't expect to help others through there judgment"

*Nik pauses collecting his thoughts*

"You should worry about yourself fella, sending threats to the men who wish to see better in you..hmmm not to smart. You think you can find us..but you wont"

*Nik pauses upset by the ill words, then continues* 

"You aren't gonna find us, we are gonna find you now. And not with the intent we previously had in helping you but now we are going to end you. No one threatens my family. So once again, we'll see you soon, yea?"

*Nik then turns his attention to the one who claims to mark with there family*

"You may mark with a similar symbol but you should know we have far more meaning into it then just someone disrespecting us, we want to help in our own way, I'm sure you wouldn't understand, not many do..."

"Those who disrespect and threaten should just be ended, no room for the weak nowadays. So don't expect us to stop and don't think are marks are random, youll understand once judgment reach's you..

*Nik tosses his radio in his back pocket and keeps moving*

TLake    23

Thaddeus listens in and chuckles to himself listening to the man talking and presses the button down and laughs into the radio.

'Listen here sunshine from what I know you and your 'family' are just second class copycats.  That whole marking people thing that's fucking ours we judge not you.  I have heard stories for months now about people claiming that my brothers and I cut W's into people and made them eat their fingers.  For a time people just assumed that shit as us, thanks for clearing it up.  You and yours have been giving us a bad name so I'm going to ask you to stop carving W's into people and making them eat their fingers.  It makes us look bad."

Thaddeus sits back against the tree he was sheltering under,

"Other guy don't take his advice we walked straight into fifteen frenchies once, best fucking fight of my life.  Took me straight back to my days shooting it out with the towel heads in Takistan.  Here's some advice fuck off and get bent. Also to my french friends next time lets get drunk."

Thaddeus lowered the radio and laughed his fucking head off.

"this w... it stands for something doesn't it? this strength of survival you speak of... yet craved with a W.. what does it mean?

weak? wolves? weapon? war?

who knows... but does it matter?

so much chatter... so little substances, nothing more than a diluted drink. a cup of whiskey with one too many cubes..

hahaha... Ws..."

*the transmission cut off as Fortune sat there, a chess pawn in his hand*

LoneStarrr    84

Alan's eyes barely cracked open when the radio began to light up with chatter again. This time, many more people, and not all good ones. As the voices chatted back and forth Alan listened quietly, intently. One voice came on that sounded faintly familiar. After a few moments of his thoughts brewing, it came back to him. Nik. It was Nik on the other end of the radio, talking ever-so smugly. As he continued to talk, the fire in Alan's belly continued to be fed. As Nik rounded off his conversation, taking shots at another group over the radio, Alan prepared to chime in once again.

"And who are you, Mr. Nik, to dictate what I do, how I go about my business, or how I live my life in general? There's no stopping me from saying what I want to say, that is unless you kill me, and I wish you good luck in doing that.

Just before Alan dropped the radio back into his bag, a series of dahs and dits came through, Morse Code. Quickly, Alan snatched up his notebook and began scribbling down the message as it came along.

After reading through the message, he then began to write up his own message to send back.

[mp3]http://www.morseresource.com/morse/out/mp-561112cb5599b.mp3[/mp3]

Jack the Ripper    347

*Ivan sat against the outer wall of the small cabin he was sharing with two others, smoking a cigarette. It unnerved him: sleeping close to people that he had only known for a short amount of time. They had helped him, but he had been through too much to offer his trust. He hoped the smoke would calm his nerves so he could sleep peacefully.

Bored, he clicked on his radio, keeping the volume low. He listened for a good while, to all the voices, until a particular broadcast caught his attention. He sighed softly, rolling his remaining eye, before transmitting.

His voice was low and raspy.*

"I hear a lot of words being thrown around. Lunatics, madmen, disgusting bunch of people. You make threats, say you want to kill over what? A scratch? A few harsh words? Perhaps you're lacking in supplies since your run in with this group? Perhaps being put in binds and forced to your knees, wounded your pride. Perhaps being at the mercy of others.... angered you."

*Ivan lets out a short, humorless breath.*

"I see why you were marked with the W. You know I watched one of my family get marked the same way today. Wasn't tied up, wasn't disarmed. Three of us stood there in silence, as our brother was cut with the W.... because he deserved it. He put us all at risk. He made threats that he can't live up to, and in doing so he put his whole family in danger.

He was weak, and therefore he was branded as such.

So many men are willing to bend their back when they're in chains, in hopes that they'll be set free with their lives.... and the same men vow revenge once they're free, rather than learn from their mistakes, rather than take in the lessons that were given to them that day....

Weakness.

There are many people out there that will torture, and kill, and steal, and rape, and burn, and manipulate.... just for the hell of it. Because they can.

Some people think they can make it through this mess without dirtying their hands, and lemme tell yah... they're fuckin' wrong.

These men? Lunatics? Madmen? Disgusting bunch of people? They're the most sane people I've ever met. Know the way the world works.

Do yourself a favor. Learn from your mistakes. Take in the lessons they offered. I won't pretend to know your story, I won't pretend to know what you've been through in the past.... but I will say this: You were marked weak.... for a reason. It's up to you to decipher what that reason was. It's up to you.... to change."

*Ivan reaches up and touches the S carved into his neck.*

"You were right about one thing. The biggest key to survival is strength.... and strength comes in understanding.

I've met these men before.... I bear scars of my own.... and I bear them.... for a reason.

A reason that only I can understand."

*Ivan stops transmitting and lets out a long sigh, hoping the people listening would be inclined to stop and think before responding. Too many people just lookin' for an excuse to kill these days, he thought.*

Sam B    0

Snip

*She sighs and holds down the transmission button*

We have never made anyone eat their fingers, thats disgusting. Thanks for letting me know there are others who are doing that though. I don't see what the problem is though, i asked kindly and you and your friends decide to respond by belittling me? Not very helpful, considering you guys claim you are helping them by carving letters into them *sighs* oh, and to your friend. Yes, i dont understand, but i dont want to because i dont care, nor do i want to have a letter carved into me. Next time you claim you are helping people, try not to belittle the others which are polite and simply ask questions about it.

*releases the button and continues fiddling with her knife*

jason hunter    61

*Jason looks shocked as he hears the man talking about us feeding other people their fingers he replies with a simple*

Feeding someone their own fingers?....

*Pauses for 5 seconds*

What actually do you really know about us, because we don't feed people their own fingers....gosh...discusting.

*he turns of his radio

MagicMike    69

*Delfie and the farmed hear the frequency*

The wolves are a force to be reckoned with.

They've done things to my people

They are strong.

* radio off*

Nik    0

-snip

*Grabbing the radio out of his back pocket hearing more chatter and beeping, he decides to respond*

"Aye, the boys are harsh sometimes ya know? Don't take it personal, they've been through a lot. Just realize that it is something you will learn on your own once you have experienced judgment, no questions are going to be answered."

-snip-

*Hearing Mr.Alan again Nik decides to reassure him*

"Mr.Alan I hope you change your ways, I really do. Change is always possible, I feel as if your misguided. We'll see you soon and instead of taking word to heart, maybe you should realize your learning the lesson as we speak. Keep that strength Alan"

"Oh and whoevers beeping shut the fuck up, yea?"

*Nik releases the transmit button and places his radio in his vest pocket*

Defiance    96

*Jason looks shocked as he hears the man talking about us feeding other people their fingers he replies with a simple*

Feeding someone their own fingers?....

*Pauses for 5 seconds*

What actually do you really know about us, because we don't feed people their own fingers....gosh...discusting.

*he turns of his radio

Seymour shifts his weight around, uncomfortable sleeping on the cold ground. He'd laid a rain jacket in a ditch, and was sitting on it. The moment he put his weight onto the jacket, it sunk slightly into the wet ground beneath, causing water to cascade onto the jacket and soak Seymour's ass. He cursed to himself. It started raining again. He cursed some more.

He sat there in the ditch shivering, with his radio broadcasting right near his helmet. His AK-74U hung from a make-shift sling, a piece of frail rope tied to the barrel and the buttstock. If he fired too many shots in a row the barrel would heat up, melting the rope and causing it to fray and fall off. This was his third rope.

His beard is wet to the point where it begins dripping onto the jacket beneath him. Seymour uses his free hand to ring out his beard, causing a small puddle to form. He accepts his fate and sits soaked on the jacket. 

" Reckon I might've heard a few lies 'bout you all..." his voice is deep and gruff, and he speaks with his mouth close to the receiver, " My people have been offering judgement for a long while now. We've been met with a great deal of...success."

He shifts his weight along the rain jacket. The effects of two cigars worth of marijuana have completely taken hold of Seymour's mind, causing the cold to strike him at his bones. The feeling of being high was familiar, though. In more ways than one it was comforting. He forgot he was shivering, but did not forget he was cold.

"I don't give much of a fuck about you all. Just know that them W's you be carvin' dilutes the truth. Y'see, we're trying to make this new world honest. In the old world a man had no reason not to lie. In fact, lyin' was one of the greatest things a man could do. Money, pussy, power -- You name it. A liar could have 'em all."

Seymour coughs repeatedly, the cold getting to him.

"Now -- Honest men ought to reign. Ain't talkin' 'bout reignin' under no sovereign, but reignin' as a free fuckin' man. The WEAK will never be free. They're slaves to struggle -- Slaves to the sort of awful, awful things that might happen to a liar out here. Your people carvin' these W's into people...It complicates things. It obscures the truth. A truth that the Strong ought to be privileged into seeing."

He coughs again, his voice growing more hoarse.

"Reckon your people ought to find a new letter, 'lest we have to start carvin' E's, A's, and K's as well."

eddybravo    6

*Edward hears the transmission and decides he needs to stop in

Officer Edward Kotchen is on the case citizens. I must get to the bottom of this problem and ensure that all civilians are safe. Maybe we should meet or you could give me some more information about the situation at hand so I may write some notes down as evidence?

*Edward clenches his fist and continues to talk*

I will not have this happen in the great country! I will not! NOT I SAY! The LAW will prevail!!

*Edward puts down the radio and turns to Officer Simmons for advice*

Sam B    0

-Snip-

*Scratches her head as she tries to fully understand what she has just been told*

So, I understand that you said no questions will be answered, but you've told me that i will learn when i experience judgement?  What exactly do you mean by experiencing judgement? Don't answer if you don't feel it necessary, i'm just being curious.

*sits back with a puzzled look on her face*

Nik    0

-snip-

*Grabbing his radio once again Nik responds*

"hmm, ya know usually I don't even talk on this thing, I don't know why I even started"

*Nik pauses for 5 seconds, sighs and begins collects his thoughts, then continues*

"Listen miss, when we find you. You'll face judgment, and you will understand then."

" Don't think of us finding you means anything hostile, judgment is enlightenment. I love talking and understanding new people but it should be personal, not for wondering ears to hear. Its rough out here ya gotta be safe, ya know?

"Information and understanding is a powerful thing nowadays, and you'll understand soon I'm sure. I mean its only a matter of time, we're always moving, just stay strong miss you'll be good, yea? That goes for Alan too, you know the answer and yet you decided to share it rather then to use it.."

"Great benefits some to the strong dontcha know?"

*Nik releases transmit and tucks the radio away in his vest*

Guest Thunderpawss   
Guest Thunderpawss

*Listening to the back and fourth Nik decides to respond after hearing threats and others chime in*

"Lunatics? Kinda harsh don't you think fella.. First off I don't appreciate you telling my lesson ya know Mr.Alan, that was a lesson meant for you no one else. You shouldnt worry about others, just yourself"

"You were judged and you didn't pass, don't expect to help others through there judgment"

*Nik pauses collecting his thoughts*

"You should worry about yourself fella, sending threats to the men who wish to see better in you..hmmm not to smart. You think you can find us..but you wont"

*Nik pauses upset by the ill words, then continues* 

"You aren't gonna find us, we are gonna find you now. And not with the intent we previously had in helping you but now we are going to end you. No one threatens my family. So once again, we'll see you soon, yea?"

*Nik then turns his attention to the one who claims to mark with there family*

"You may mark with a similar symbol but you should know we have far more meaning into it then just someone disrespecting us, we want to help in our own way, I'm sure you wouldn't understand, not many do..."

"Those who disrespect and threaten should just be ended, no room for the weak nowadays. So don't expect us to stop and don't think are marks are random, youll understand once judgment reach's you..

*Nik tosses his radio in his back pocket and keeps moving*

*Dervish takes out the radio and clicks the talk button* 

Your boys killed my nephew but he took one of them with him. 

*he takes a breath* 

So i guess its time for me to bring down the hammer.

*lets go of the talk button* 

They will know how Grubbs felt. 

LoneStarrr    84

Alan had spent much of the day on the move, checking from building to building, being ever-so-cautious. He certainly did not want to run into the large group of men all at once. He figured on singling them out, taking them at their weakest point. That was the only way he would have a chance. Throughout the day, many people had come to life on the frequency. There was much back and forth between various different groups, some of it maybe even turning a bit hostile.

-snip-

-snip-

One of the broadcasts he had been thinking about for awhile was one transmitted by a low, raspy voice. The more he talked, the more Alan felt he was right. Alan was marked with a W for a reason, a rightful reason. As the man talked, Alan came to realize just how foolish he had really become. Sending out threats to groups with numbers in the teens and enough armaments to supply a small army? Who in their right mind would do that? As all of this was revealed to him, Alan knew that he had made a mistake that would most likely cost him his life. He reached to his arm and touched the W that was carved there. The burning had nearly fully subsided as the wound began to heal. He traced the outline of the W, ashamed. He would bare this scare for the rest of his life, however, from this point on, he would do everything in his power to prove it to be false. Alan reached to his pocket and removed the radio from its resting place. With one hand still on the W, he pressed down on the transmit button. He began to speak softly,

"...I see now...I know I'm too late but I see...I see why I was marked the way I am. I know now that it is no ones fault but my own..." Alan gripped the radio tightly, a new rage building inside of him, a rage at himself. "To anyone still listening, these men...they are no lunatics...they are not god-forsaken...they just see the world the way it is. They know reality and they face it head on...I suggest you heed their advice, they may be the only sane people left..." Alan let off the transmission button and rubbed his eyes. He had really gotten himself into one big pile of shit. "Nik, if you're still listening, then hear these words. I will prove you wrong. I may wear the symbol of a weak man but from this point on, I am no longer weak. If you still wish to end me, so be it, I can respect that after the harsh words I have used. It will simply be another obstacle to tackle as my story goes on...maybe even the obstacle that ends my story..." With that Alan slumped down against the tree stump he was standing beside. He continued to listen to the chit-chat on the radio as he watched the sunset.

-snip-

The next thing he heard was a woman, and puzzled woman at that. She seemed to be trapped in conversation with Nik. As they spoke, Alan could still only think of his own marking. At this point in time, he once again reached down for his radio and smashed down on the transmit button under his thumb.

"Ma'am, when they find you, you will know it. They will judge you and you will be marked accordingly just as myself and many others have been. There are not many questions nor answers to be had. This is just something you will have to experience..." Alan set the radio back down on the stump. The sun had ducked down below the horizon and the temperature was already dropping. He figured it was about time to get a fire set up for the cold , dark night ahead.

Sign in to follow this