Server time: 2017-11-21, 15:22

Sign in to follow this  
Malvarik

Would this be considered Powergaming?

Question

So this happened earlier when i was playing with my dad and another friend. We were taken hostage and they told us, either i die or my dad dies and that it was my dads choice. Would this be powergaming?

15 answers to this question

Did they have execution rights on you? Did you exercise any form of hostilities against these men? Were you not complying in any way?

Did they end up killing either of you?

Did they have execution rights on you? Did you exercise any form of hostilities against these men? Were you not complying in any way?

Did they end up killing either of you?

They did not have execution rights, We were not hostile up to that point. Once they handcuffed us we called them liars and backstabbers. We were complying and when they told my dad that he was going to execute me or him, i tried to break out of my cuffs but stopped when told to do so. They killed me without warning then killed my father later on because he became distraught over my death and told them that he didnt care what would happen, that they had already did the worst thing possible to him.

Was the RP enjoyable, realistic, and well-thought out?

This doesn't sound like powergaming to me, but it does hint at badRP/false execution. Trying to break out of your cuffs is a sign of non-compliance, but if you listened to their demands and stopped trying to break out, then they should not have killed you.

Seems like shit RP and unrealistic 'demands' for no reason. Goes straight to 'Hey we're gonna kill you or your son.' Doesn't seem like there's much build up, reasoning or any RP backstory to justify such extreme measures.

From your side of the story it doesn't seem like power gaming but more like RDM which is a rule break should you choose to report it. Does this answer your question?

From your side of the story it doesn't seem like power gaming but more like RDM which is a rule break should you choose to report it. Does this answer your question?

Yes it does thank you, just one more quick question. May i make a report even though i don't have the server time at which it occurred? I know it was around 2 hours ago.

video starts 

and ends at 6:00

That video was really confusing to me. I'm sorry that happened to you -- You were killed without even being addressed, so far as I could tell. I assume you're the player on the right?

This looks like badRP to me, and definitely a case of RDM.

video starts 

and ends at 6:00

That video was really confusing to me. I'm sorry that happened to you -- You were killed without even being addressed, so far as I could tell. I assume you're the player on the right?

This looks like badRP to me, and definitely a case of RDM.

Yea the whole thing was confusing and it honestly was upsetting this situation had to be my dad's first RP scenario. I was the player on the right. I dont have video of it but the same guy who killed me murdered a man in a church earlier for no reason. He had told the man to stop moving and when he did he shot him.

Staff should advise you from here. I'd recommend hopping in the helpdesk on TS if you choose to file a report! Best of luck with everything.

Ill mark this as solved. You can make a Report without server time I believe.

/Solved

Definetely make a report, servertime would be 3am, if it was around 2 hours ago as you said.

This was sketch.

That was... dumb. They just executed you for pretty much no reason. I also ran into these guys the other day and the RP was relatively questionable... Follow Juggernut's advice and make a report if you think you should. :)

-Boston

That was... dumb. They just executed you for pretty much no reason. I also ran into these guys the other day and the RP was relatively questionable... Follow Juggernut's advice and make a report if you think you should. :)

-Boston

Yep i posted one here : http://www.dayzrp.com/t-S2-BadRP-RDM-possible-powergaming

They were really shady and before they grouped with me, they followed me around Cherno just looking at me and denying following me when i questioned them.