Server time: 2017-08-22, 07:35

Sign in to follow this  
DerrickStorm

"The Saints are coming" - S1 [Currently: ACTIVE] - Feedback

DerrickStorm    34

eIjMmds.png

[mp3]http://www.freewebs.com/lenzschmied/skidssaintsarecoming.mp3[/mp3]

"-Are we good to go? - yelled the driver sitting uncomfortably in the truck. The engine was already running.

- Yeah... Yeah we are... God damn it... Mark this one - zero survivors, zero bodies. Add biohazard just in case. Move your ass!

- Yes sir!

He marked the house as ordered and rushed back to the truck. He wasn't planning on being left behind. He quickly jumped onto the back of the truck. Soldier that was behind the wheel pressed the pedal to the metal. The mighty roar of the engine echoed through the valley and the only answer that came was the moan of an infected lurking somewhere in the deep woods."

640x350http://i.imgur.com/sWD9heD.png[/img]

[align=justify]I've decided to continue my mini-event or as I like to call it - my main quest. I'm currently deploying and resupplying care packages in about 24 locations. There are four different types of care packages depending on the size of the container: protector case, improvised backpack, barrel, truck. The smallest care packages contain drinks, food (if canned also a can opener) and source of light, matches or a heatpack. The bigger the care package is, the more items it contains - fresh clothing, waterproof clothing, lamps, farming equipment, tools, seeds. The biggest and the rarest are the trucks - with most of the above they also contain a "good to go" package - a battery and glow plug. All of them contain a RP note explaining the origin. All of the care packages are located in the most likely visited parts of towns and villages, in high and low trafficed areas. I've decided to dedicate this mini-event to S1, since it's running smoothly again. Also there will be some IC informations comming soon, as this thread develops.

[align=justify]Now that I know that people are finding those and liking the general idea, it's give me motivation and a good feeling!

[align=justify]Also feel free to give me a feedback on this idea. I have to say that it takes me few hours of gameplay to maintain the care packages network (collect persistent containers, restock existing packages, deploy brand new ones) and I spent almost 99% of the time doing it. I will be greatfull for opinions and suggestions how to make all this even more immersive!

UvmAszW.png

Informations that you can obtain IC via forum:

[mp3]http://www.freewebs.com/lenzschmied/emergencybroadcast2.mp3[/mp3]

Source: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Open-Frequency-105-2-Emergency-Broadcast

[align=justify]Original content of the post before edit:

[align=justify]Hi,

[align=justify]In the last two days my new character has deployed over 30 care packages across most of the towns in NE + N. There were three types of packages - protector case, imprvised backpacks, barrel, truck. Each one contained basic equipment such as source of light, matches, food, can opener (or knife), bottle of water or drinks. The bigger containers were filled with waterproof clothing, medications, farming equipment and other basic means of survival. Each of the packages contained an RP note explaining the origin of it. They were located in most obvious, most visited parts of the towns and villages (high traffic and low traffic, on s1, s2 and s3). I was just wandering if anybody was able to run in one of those and if it made any sense for him at all (with the note). 

[align=justify]Also what do you think about this idea in general. I have to say it took me around 5-6 hours gameplays on both days to create those, as I had to find a persistence container and then fill it with the most necessary equipment. I will be greatfull on all feedback! Have a great weekend!

Janana    28

[align=justify]Hi,

[align=justify]In the last two days my new character has deployed over 30 care packages across most of the towns in NE + N. There were three types of packages - protector case, imprvised backpacks, barrel, truck. Each one contained basic equipment such as source of light, matches, food, can opener (or knife), bottle of water or drinks. The bigger containers were filled with waterproof clothing, medications, farming equipment and other basic means of survival. Each of the packages contained an RP note explaining the origin of it. They were located in most obvious, most visited parts of the towns and villages (high traffic and low traffic, on s1, s2 and s3). I was just wandering if anybody was able to run in one of those and if it made any sense for him at all (with the note). 

[align=justify]Also what do you think about this idea in general. I have to say it took me around 5-6 hours gameplays on both days to create those, as I had to find a persistence container and then fill it with the most necessary equipment. I will be greatfull on all feedback! Have a great weekend!

I've yet to run into any boxes with goodies in them but I like the idea of someone willing to spend their own time and risking their life to set up these little gifty boxes for the less fortunate, or the lucky scavenger... or the person who has a lot of gear and likes using boxes. Either way, I like the idea as long as there is always a hint of RP attached to it. Notes are good.

Spartan    1022

Its been a while but me and Mary Archer once found a deserted camp with a burned out fireplace and a mountain backpack full of food and a note that the backpack was for free and a that a group (forgot the name) would look after and help other survivors like this. 

It is great to find a carepackage with a good note in it :)

DerrickStorm    34

[align=justify]Hi,

I've yet to run into any boxes with goodies in them but I like the idea of someone willing to spend their own time and risking their life to set up these little gifty boxes for the less fortunate, or the lucky scavenger... or the person who has a lot of gear and likes using boxes. Either way, I like the idea as long as there is always a hint of RP attached to it. Notes are good.

[align=justify]Yeah, I'm a little bit worried that some people will just throw everything out and get the almighty persistent box! But that's the risk I had to take. And the note is pretty unique I guess. It's short but written in three languages - in RP way, so there are some spelling mistakes! Don't blame me for that! And to be honest while gathering supplies I haven't ran into anyone else, so it's not that I had something to do in particular, or a quest to get that shiny M4 on my hands!

Its been a while but me and Mary Archer once found a deserted camp with a burned out fireplace and a mountain backpack full of food and a note that the backpack was for free and a that a group (forgot the name) would look after and help other survivors like this. 

It is great to find a carepackage with a good note in it :)

[align=justify]Had a pretty nice camp that was raided, but someone was kind enough to respect the RP part of it. The tent filled with journal was left alone, and the equipment gathered for those who would find it was taken away - 2 UMP, winchester and few other things. So the shiny loot worked as a payment I guess and the raiders did not destroy around 10-12 pages of a journal, just to take a tent. For that I'm thankfull! 

I found one in Komorovo as a fresh spawn.

Haven't went that far yet so that must have been another guardian angel! ;)

Found a few of these just be accident. Nice work mate adding something new to the game ~

Yeah, it's a good feeling deploying things like this. Hopefully you have found one of those deployed by me - note was in three languages. I'm glad if at least one person will enjoy it.

DerrickStorm    34

[align=justify]And another eleven care packages were deployed today across S1. I just hope the server won't die/change once again! Good luck to all of you who have found one of those!

Brad    155

[align=justify]And another eleven care packages were deployed today across S1. I just hope the server won't die/change once again! Good luck to all of you who have found one of those!

Very cool.  Would be fun to see a group dedicated to this very thing.

NishiUrban    79

I know I only traveled with you for a short while tonight, but it was interesting to say the least watching you set up the care packages, it seemed like you took the task pretty seriously and genuinely wanted someone to find supplies who might need them. Seeing as you know how far we traveled, I can only imagine you having to run around the map over and over again trying to ensure there are drop points spread out, and for that I commend your patience, I doubt I could undertake such a concept.

Fleety    4

How long does a dropped item take to despawn? I'd hope most of these don't go away cause I really love this idea.

Ramon    341

I like your idea about the care packages ;) So your all the time buzy with making care packages ingame?

DerrickStorm    34

Three brand new packages were deployed and around six were resupplied on s1.

Very cool.  Would be fun to see a group dedicated to this very thing.

Thanks! Who knows, maybe someone will pick up the idea. There are some hero groups around.

I know I only traveled with you for a short while tonight, but it was interesting to say the least watching you set up the care packages, it seemed like you took the task pretty seriously and genuinely wanted someone to find supplies who might need them. Seeing as you know how far we traveled, I can only imagine you having to run around the map over and over again trying to ensure there are drop points spread out, and for that I commend your patience, I doubt I could undertake such a concept.

[align=justify]Well it was great having someone around to talk to while doing it! ::)   As my current character is new to the region, I don't have to many IC informations about places to visit. And with him being part of logistics team I've decided it's gonna be a good way to start and hopefully meet people on the journey. But yeah, it takes a lot of time to find equipment and containers needed. That's why I cover only NE, E and SE since yestarday for now. 

How long does a dropped item take to despawn? I'd hope most of these don't go away cause I really love this idea.

[align=justify]It depends on the item. There are persistence containers that will last long, like: ammo box, protector case, tent, barrel - for exact lifespan you should search the forum but I'm pretty sure it's more than few days. The improvised backpack seems to stay long enough and has a longer lifespan than normal backpack (at least I hope so). But I'm not sure how long does it take to improvised backpack to despawn. I've noticed most of them are interacted with in first 24 hours - protector cases being taken away, improvised backpacks are taken and a smaller backpack left behind. So hopefully people find those :)

I like your idea about the care packages ;)   So your all the time buzy with making care packages ingame?

[align=justify]Yeah, I'm so dizzy from being so busy, haha. As stated in answers above I decided to spent my time developing my character solo by deploying UN care packages of different sizes with a note inside in three different langauges. And meeting people while doing that is a cherry on a pie, but 99% of time spent in game I dedicate to deploy new packages and resupply the packages that were used. I guess it's gonna get harder when someone will rob me from vest and containers :P

Tom212    0

I've found three in my travels! Loved the idea, after seeing so many I actually started to think they were automatically placed by the game hah! I didn't need any of the supplies desperately so when myself and a friend found one we actually put some more things into it, although we did use a couple items from another one near our camp :). Keep up the good work, great idea.

Josh    37

Me and FFL left a barrel with a ton of stuff in it in the middle of the road in Berezino hope some one found it. :)

Guest Flluroz   
Guest Flluroz

Me and my buddy found one up North. This is a really cool thing that you're doing, and I wish you luck if you plan to continue!

Oliv    1569

I found one, but I think it was some ones small camp rather than your care packages. I only really borrowed their barrel and lime to tan some hide I was carrying. And maybe took a shovel that I donated to the harvest on the weekend.

Still, I love the idea and have done this in the past myself, but not for some time or tobthis extent. Good work.

DerrickStorm    34

I've found three in my travels! Loved the idea, after seeing so many I actually started to think they were automatically placed by the game hah! I didn't need any of the supplies desperately so when myself and a friend found one we actually put some more things into it, although we did use a couple items from another one near our camp :). Keep up the good work, great idea.

That's great you managed to find one and thanks for the feedback! And no worries 'near our camp' won't give the location away because of how many of them were deployed.

Me and FFL left a barrel with a ton of stuff in it in the middle of the road in Berezino hope some one found it. :)

That's great to hear. If I find one of the barrels and don't have time or means to transport it further, I usually do the same - pick the most visited place in a town and leave it there. Hopefully someone will make use of stuff you left.

Me and my buddy found one up North. This is a really cool thing that you're doing, and I wish you luck if you plan to continue!

Thanks! Well the plan is simple. The only problem is apparently the crafted backpacks have only 1h lifespan (that means 75% of care packages could have despawned before someone found it). Hopefully I will have as much luck as now with finding protector cases and barrels.

I found one, but I think it was some ones small camp rather than your care packages. I only really borrowed their barrel and lime to tan some hide I was carrying. And maybe took a shovel that I donated to the harvest on the weekend.

Still, I love the idea and have done this in the past myself, but not for some time or tobthis extent. Good work.

It's usually a single barrel, crafted backpack, protector case or a truck. It always contains a note. And I've been lately away from wildrness and remote places but finding a camp is always thrilling :)

DerrickStorm    34

[align=justify]And once again twelve care packages were deployed/restocked. I've decided to dedicate this mini-quest/event to S1, since it's running again smootly. It's nice to see that people take what they need and sometimes leave the container behind. I'm still trying to figure out why they also take the notes but hey, every one has a hobby! The best thing about deploying those is that with each passing day I manage to run into more people. And having a quest while looking for people makes the time pass much faster that just wandering from town to town, looking for a survivor or at least a sign of one being there recently. See you out there and I hope some of those packages will help some freshspawns!

Volke    132

I've found two - They've created interesting rp experiences and it sorts of cute and fun finding a little stash - I have actually been trying to get a hold of the Polish Linguistics ;). Overall - I really like what you've been doing - keep it up! Good on you for taking initiative. Makes me think maybe our world isn't so bad after all...

[align=justify]And once again twelve care packages were deployed/restocked. I've decided to dedicate this mini-quest/event to S1, since it's running again smootly. It's nice to see that people take what they need and sometimes leave the container behind. I'm still trying to figure out why they also take the notes but hey, every one has a hobby! The best thing about deploying those is that with each passing day I manage to run into more people. And having a quest while looking for people makes the time pass much faster that just wandering from town to town, looking for a survivor or at least a sign of one being there recently. See you out there and I hope some of those packages will help some freshspawns!

I take the notes because I'm an archivist... knowledge is power friend ;)

Oliv    1569

Fancy word for kleptomaniac/hoarder

Volke    132

Fancy word for kleptomaniac/hoarder

SHUT IT D: - Knowledge is power * runs back into his cabin with his precious archives*

DerrickStorm    34

The original post was a little bit edited - the thread is going to be slowly developed as long as I'll be doing this. Take a look and feel free to give some feedback (yes, yes, also the negative!).

I've found two - They've created interesting rp experiences and it sorts of cute and fun finding a little stash - I have actually been trying to get a hold of the Polish Linguistics ;).  Overall - I really like what you've been doing - keep it up! Good on you for taking initiative. Makes me think maybe our world isn't so bad after all...

Linguistics, good one! ::)   I know the notes probably contain some spelling mistakes that can make the natives of those languages mad, but I did my best in RP way! At first I thought someone is taking the notes to create a fire but I'm glad not all of them are doomed! And sorry for editing the parts you've quoted.

Grimnir    589

Found one last day. I think it is a nice medium to make you more known IC. However to be honest I didn't really need it, but i think it was a pretty nice touch.

Matt    21

I found one but in stead of taking from it I put a tin of food and wrote on the note a nice little message :P

Hellspawnceri    477

I've found around three so far, each one having something different inside it is interesting. Didn't take anything though, also I like all the added messages on the paper from other survivors.