Server time: 2017-08-19, 07:38

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Max

To the people who got in a gun fight near Stary.

Guest Max   
Guest Max

You misidentified me and 2 bullets landed right next to my feet, please check your targets before you shoot.

Tewudin    44

If you aren't involved in the shooting that is taking place somewhere near you, you have two options:

1)You can hide in one of the buildings and just wait it out.

2)If you believe you've the chance to run from the town immediately then you can take it and try.

I was yesterday involved in some shootings that happened during my journey through Chernarus and personally I'd recommend any of those 2 options. I managed to hide in one of the buildings and I tried to wait it out. I was the entire time in prone and when one of the shooters found me he let me go and just said "Try to leave the city, it's not safe" or something like that. But... if you didn't had a chance to do any of said things and were shot almost immediately when the shooting started... well... that happens and no one will stop it from taking place.

CODEHX    1

Yeah, when things get hairy people's vision is gonna be all a blur especially since they are just trying to survive at that moment. Your lucky you got out alive.

Could have been a fire fight KOS

Were you in a ghillie suit running with a friend beside that lone house outside of stary?

Spartan    999

Were you in a ghillie suit running with a friend beside that lone house outside of stary?

That was me, the friend of the ghillie. you had no rights to shoot me and I was luckly the bullets landed next to me. I just spawned in.

Firefights can be chaotic so it is better to withold fire than risk a mis-ID.

That was me, the friend of the ghillie. you had no rights to shoot me and I was luckly the bullets landed next to me. I just spawned in.

So you spawned into an active firefight?

The problem with firefights is people that goes like this "They don't have KOS on me, I'm not involved. So i will run around with people that is involved in or close to a firefight, and I'm untouchable".

Spartan    999

So you spawned into an active firefight?

The problem with firefights is people that goes like this "They don't have KOS on me, I'm not involved. So i will run around with people that is involved in or close to a firefight, and I'm untouchable".

I spawned in after 25 minutes trying to get in the server. When i started trying to get into the servers, the firefight didn't started yet and we were having problems with Volki. I spawned and decided to meet up with Dan and Mary (Two persons you BOTH didn't had KoS rights on) because we were going to go to the GM area to leave the firefight and then we got shot at.

I know how chaotic firefights can be and then I saw se7ens post. I got no hard feelings, no report is up or what so ever. 

This is a good moment and thread to quote at particular part of the rules:

Always confirm your target; if uncertain about a players identity it's better to hold fire than to risk a KoS.

Terra    1367

There are many situations where a mis Id can happen.

I once logged into the Server just to find myself in the middle of a firefight zone.

I mean, how should I have known that there is a firefight going on?

However, bottom line is, if you are unsure if the person you see is part of the fight, do not fire.

And then there seems to be this mentally off "I hear shootings! Let´s found out what is going"

If you find yourself in a firefight zone by accident (logging in, not knowing what is going on, or a firefight seems to start around you) which you are not a part off, try to get away instead of sticking around. Put your gun away, so you are not a threat at all, scream that you just want to leave and start to actually run away and so on.

If someone thinks "mmmh, maybe I find some good gear when I stick around" and then get´s killed in the process, by all means, that is that persons own fault.

I will never understand the process of thinking "I hear gunfire, let´s see what is going on there" and then that person gets killed and makes a report about it.

There, I said it.

Kanen    108

Miss ID happens a lot but can be easily avoided. Personally I would put my gun on my back and leave the area or hide somewhere. But if I feel like I can make an escape then that's what I will do. I have noticed many people in this community choose to stay in the area for the gear, but just remember you can't hide behind the rules of DayZRP if you had the chance to escape you should do it. Value your characters life more than the gear.

Ironicman    7

We'll you can prevent miss ID if you know how a person that is in a firefight behaves. They sprint, they take cover, they have their gun out, they dont take exposing routes and they are on their edge. This is diffrint than a guy who doesnt know anything of a fight and isnt involved. They usually have the gun on their back, run in normal speed, stand still if they see someone and speak, they hevae little more loose in their attitude, run a straight line in fields and dont zig zag. When you are in a firefight and you got a guy focussed than think for a second if that guy is behaving correctly and if the target comes in speakign distance and behaves like a guy that isnt involved than initiate or tell him that there is an active firefigth going on. If he than doesnt run but exploits the situation by asking dumb questions and stalling up his position so he gets shoot and he gets the loot than you are free to shoot him at my opinion cause everybody knows what a firefight is and the last thing you want to be is shot so you get the fuck out of there if you know there is bullets flying.

Phoenix    1048

Miss ID's are common especially in high traffic zones like Stary, Kabaninho, Novy etc.

I remember one time me and someone from my old old group the Vigil were going to Green Mountain, when we arrived we lurked around to scout the area (we always do before we go up to GM) we then got told to leave by the wolves as there was something going on up there so we run back down to Pustoshka but on the way there someone randomly starts shooting at us as we leave GM. Luckily nobody died, but it was a tricky situation.