Server time: 2017-10-21, 15:56
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
IAmJackBandit

Sleep Paralysis

IAmJackBandit    80

So after reading this article on Wikipedia, I realized that I have experienced this on a number of occasions and it is very terrifying....was just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

had it once, it was the scariest thing I ever lived through

Hassan    450

That's horrifying, never happened to me before.

I feel sorry for anyone who's experienced that :(

Tewudin    44

It happened to me once or twice in the past. It was one of the worst things that happened to me. Fear, being unable to move or even scream... it's really terrible. Trust me when I say that you don't want to experience this yourself.

I've had it happen. Thought there was a guy in my room about to kill me and I couldn't move.

Lucid Dreaming is lit asf though

This has happened to me a number of times already. Usually happens during a afternoon nap or in the morning fortunately. 

This one time I got so scared I forced myself to roll off to bed to "kickstart" myself. Landed on my shoulder but needless to say I woke up. (And fell asleep again shortly after because I'm a dumbass.) ((Yes it did occur again afterwards.))

Kanen    108

I had it a few times when I was younger. My mother got scared took me to doctor's turned out it was this, luckily a couple of months later it never happened again and I have been fine since *Fingers crossed*

Defiance    96

This has happened to me at least once. My vision was blurred, and I could envision a small, dark figure looming over me. I had to focus incredibly hard to actually WAKE UP.

It sucked. I hope it never happens again.

Fozzy    2

Tried to lucid dream. This occurred every now and again for a period afterwards. I found myself snapping out of it by holding my breath which eventually led to me waking up

Hellish    0

Ya, it's happened to me multiple times. Honestly doesn't bother me too much anymore but the first time it happened I flipped my shit.

SatansNightOut    105

Yeah, I've experienced this a few times. Usually I have Panda next to me so she knows when I make weird noises and groans it's just me trying to shake myself out of the paralysis. She usually prods me until I am "awake". But yes. It sucks ass.

Major    639

This happened to me before, a good bit when I was little.

I remember not being able to breath, basically feeling like a fish out of water, or either like I was drowning. Not fun at all, sort of stuck in between awake and asleep, like it says in the Wiki. I didn't experience anything that I actually saw in my room, but in my unconsciousness I did feel like someone was trying to get me.

Mellstrom    21

This happened to me when i was 14, horrible memory. I was stuck in my bed, i realized that i had woken up but i couldn't move for 2 hours. During that time my brain was playing tricks with me, i heard whispers and saw black shadows. Once i could move i immediately got the fuck out of my room and ran to my dad, who didn't believe me at first and thought that i had dreamt it. I didn't sleep the next night because of it.

I would rather break a leg than this happening to me again...

-edit-

This is a great movie idea, someone here lives in hollywood/bollywood and knows a producer?

RAWB3RY    1

I didn't have this occurrence yet.

Bit sometimes i do have these sort of flashes showing weird or creepy/terrifying images

Greetz, RAW

Naa    0

Yep have had it quite allot. Last time it happened it sounded like some one was breathing in to my ear, but I could not see anyone.

I could not move or shout for help. Just lie there and listen to the heavy breathing. Not nice!

Vapor    0

I have it almost every night. No matter what you do while in sleep paralysis, whether you struggle to be free or try to remain calm, it just gets worse. The loud sounds, the feeling of a presence in the room, the feeling of someone is touching your body... It's horrible. I can never escape it, no matter how hard I try. I am always stuck.

The reason I get it so often is because I do a lot of lucid dreaming and sometimes sleep paralysis takes over. Then I am awake mentally, but my body is still sleeping. Sucks.

I have it almost every night. No matter what you do while in sleep paralysis, whether you struggle to be free or try to remain calm, it just gets worse. The loud sounds, the feeling of a presence in the room, the feeling of someone is touching your body... It's horrible. I can never escape it, no matter how hard I try. I am always stuck.

The reason I get it so often is because I do a lot of lucid dreaming and sometimes sleep paralysis takes over. Then I am awake mentally, but my body is still sleeping. Sucks.

if you have it everyday man, I feel for you. that's like the living embodiment of misfortune right there.

I had it once and I never want to experience it again. it ain't something you can get numb too

DeeBlack    310

I get it once every few months, you can't move but it feels like there is someone in the room, lucid nightmare. I never get the feeling of someone or thing on my chest but it's pretty fucked up none the less. Something to do with the chemical that paralyses you while you sleep (so you don't act out dreams) still being released while you are waking up and that send your brain into some fucked up fear state. No way to fix it as far as I know but because I get it regularly I learned that keeping something of comfort like a object you know can protect you (weapon) or something you are very familiar with can snap you out of it if you think about it while its happening.

Ark    231

Never had this happen to me and I hope it never does.