Server time: 2017-10-20, 03:28
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Yimo

DayZ.exe Application Error

Question

Yimo    4

So for about the past week I randomly got this error when I exited DayZ. However it hadn't been occurring that much, however yesterday it started happening everytime I logged out, and all the settings I changed would revert to the previous initial one. Like my character name was David Lynn, but he got killed off so I changed the name, I relogged and it keeps changing it back to David Lynn; also any settings in graphics would revert to like if I disabled shadows it would change them back to high.

TL;DR

Getting this error always when I log out since yesterday, keeps changing my DayZ settings back to what they were before the error occured.atiQ2mk.png

EDIT: I have already verified game cache, however the problem still is there.

6 answers to this question

Jamie    1419

I always have this problem. Just grew to ignore it really.

Yimo    4

Alright fixed the DayZ.exe Application Error. I took out -windowed -noborder in my launch options for DayZ. However I still have the problem with my settings reverting.

Jewell    15

I have this on and off same as Jamie I have tried a few things but, I have just learnt to live with it I don't think its doing any damage to my game. Well I hope not anyway

Yimo    4

/Solved

Juicy, and Jewell I fixed the issue.

How is to go to your DayZ document folder, and find your folders that you want to change their settings (Like Shadowquality etc) When you find the folder right click the name of it and click properties, if Read Only is checked uncheck it then access the folder, change the settings, then save. Once out make it read only again.

The name thing is in another file for me it was in a file named "Yimo" (For my comp name) Do the same in that folder as you did for the quality, make it not read only, change your name, save, then make it read only again.