Server time: 2018-03-20, 00:06

Sign in to follow this  

Banned for Combat Logging, left 2 mins too early.

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

Why the verdict is not fair:

I logged out 2 mins before the rules say I could because I was going to help my friend report the RDM that took place 13 minutes before. If my friend and I didn't make a report I wouldn't have gotten a 3 day ban and a banstrike. Well there is so much point in helping the admins.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

My friend was in a hostage situation and I was in a house near by. I shot the person trying to put hand cuffs on my friend and then he got rdm'd by the other person (there were 2 of them and my friend did everything they said). The person who shot my friend ran away and came back about 3 mins later to get the gear, and I shot him as well. I went down to the gear because I knew there were only 2 of them and start to loot, but half the gear was ruined. I sat on the bodies for about 10 minutes and then ran to a house to log out to help my friend write his report. I then posted on the report and said my part. about 4 days later I get a 3 day ban for 'combat logging' 2 minutes before it states in the rules (15 minutes I logged out 13) and a banstrike. The person who we made the report against RDM'd and got a 3 day ban and a banstrike. So all I did in helping someone who did something WRONG get banned, I get banned myself for combat logging. I don't keep a timer on me.... The reason I logged out is to help my friend write the report. If my friend was still alive and didn't get RDM'd then I wouldn't have logged out. It's unfair that I got the same ban as a guy who RDM'd. You really should make it so that there are tiers of combat logging. 0-5 minutes a 3 day ban and a ban strike, 5-10 minutes 2 day ban and 10-15 minutes 1 day ban. I feel as if I was banned for too much for doing so little. Like I said I left to help my friend make a report, not hehehe I know there are 10 guys on the hill so ima log out. Remember I sat on the bodies looting for about 10 minutes.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

Lose my ban strike and 3 day ban.

What could you have done better?:

Not reported an RDMer.

Reading through your ban appeal you have not brought any new evidence to alter the verdict you were given.

Further more you clearly broke a rule there is no denying it and there is no getting around it.

Leaving the server before the minimum wait timer of 15 minutes because you wanted to help your friend make a report

is not a valid excuse to break rule. 

We will not be lenient with this rule, the 15 minutes is a bare minimum and should only be used in the case that

you absolutely have to get off the game for an outside reason.

The punishment you were given in the verdict was fair and just and will not be altered as a result of this ban appeal.

With this being said.

Ban appeal denied.