Server time: 2017-08-18, 16:39

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Haarfagr

Communication.

Guest Haarfagr   
Guest Haarfagr

Hello everyone.

I'm just wondering how you communicate in-game? Is it allowed to use TS or Skype? To me that feels like "cheating", and doesnt fit in a RP-server as this. But I also see the issue with communcation in large groups doing missions or whatever, with only direct-chat. Especially for the "military-based" clans.

I'm just gonna use direct-chat, but i want to know what the rest of you think of it.

Torgrim/Haarfagr

We pretend TS is a radio. We have a special TS server: ts.dayzrp.com. Each clan has its own channel.

This also allows us to talk and joke a bit OOC, and keep that OOC talk out of the game. Doesn't mean Teamspeak can't be IC though. You could use it strictly as a radio if you wanted to, and have the same keybind for in-game as for TS.

But, if you prefer to communicate in-game, you can! I actually like that.

Guest Haarfagr   
Guest Haarfagr

Yeah, I was thinking about TS like that, so i get it for large groups and clans.

Can you find radios in-game? like the ones in normal Arma. So that you agree within the group(Or the server) that you can only use TS if you have a radio on you?

Yeah, I was thinking about TS like that, so i get it for large groups and clans.

Can you find radios in-game? like the ones in normal Arma. So that you agree within the group(Or the server) that you can only use TS if you have a radio on you?

You can't. Well, you can actually, but it's some sort of a bug. Anyway, you're not supposed to.

Most people just want to talk and joke a bit, and TS is perfect for that. That way, you can keep all the OOC talk out of the actual game.

Guest Haarfagr   
Guest Haarfagr

Alright. Just wanted to clear it up, because i was unsure! I'm still not gonna use it, though, unless I end up in a large group!

Goz    2

I sign under every word Gijs wrote.

TS as ingame radio is taken seriously. If you get confronted in robbery and you are demanded to hand out radio and it gets destroyed/taken away - you need to stop using TS. (doesn't matter if it's 'imaginery' (lack of item in gear) nor 'real' (you actually have radio object) )

Further using it and relaying info to your friends to 'save you' if identified could be seen as metagaming and as a base for punishment.