Server time: 2017-08-19, 07:35

Sign in to follow this  
Pokey

I made an intro for myself now, thoughts?

Pokey    5

Hello everyone!

Today I made myself a little intro for video's I guess.

Just wondering what your thoughts on it are?

Any do's or don'ts? (Is it don'ts, or don't's? Weird xD)

It's kind of corny, I know that, but then again, it's my first ever attempt.

Anyway, here's the link!

https://youtu.be/PLkaakVcYIk

Tewudin    44

Looks nice, I'd probably keep it if I was you. When I just started to do some activities on Youtube I also thought about making an intro for my videos but when I decided to focus on editing trailers I thought it doesn't make a lot of sense to put a 5-10 seconds long intro into 30 second to 2 minutes long trailer. :P

Flapjack    66

It's rather mediocre in my honest opinion, and the sound along with it makes my ears uncomfortable. If you decide to try and get/make a new one, all I suggest is keep it simple and non-time-consuming. I can't stand peoples' flashy and obnoxious 30 second long intros with dubstep blowing out my ears.

Just make it like a little trademark, and to remind people who they're watching. Also, if you're making a DayZRP series, I recommend having an episode intro also (ie. which episode, name/number) and rolling credits at the end. Plus, if you like, maybe have a little "starring sequence" at the beginning, just keep it short, or merely have starring credits going along side the video as it begins.

Phoenix    1048

That's nice!

I like it, short and to the point.

Guest Max   
Guest Max

Rather that then a intro that is longer then the actual video.

Pokey    5

Pretty good man 7/10 Would keep for a while however I would update when you can

Thank you man, and yeah, I'll one day see to a new one. Just wanted to try it out.

That's nice!

Not too shabby!

I like it, short and to the point.

Thank you guys so much!

Did not expect such positive feedback!

It's rather mediocre in my honest opinion, and the sound along with it makes my ears uncomfortable. If you decide to try and get/make a new one, all I suggest is keep it simple and non-time-consuming. I can't stand peoples' flashy and obnoxious 30 second long intros with dubstep blowing out my ears.

I get the mediocre part, that's what I thought.

But mine isn't all that flashy and obnoxious right?

It isn't a 30 second dubstep intro, I thought I kept it modest.

The intro sound, I just like it a lot myself, but maybe I could take the volume down a bit.

Anyway, Thanks for your feedback man! :)

Flapjack    66

The intro sound, I just like it a lot myself, but maybe I could take the volume down a bit.

Nana, it's not. It's perfectly adequate to be honest, I was just giving you my blunt feedback. There's plenty of room for improvement, but it could work.

It's certainly not bad for a first try at making one, so good job in those regards.

Modest and easy is cool but it is kind of bland. I would suggest to have the letters pop out/form or something. Maybe like an ignited fuse or something to fit the stone/metallic look as the sun flares do not really fit with it, you could even change it to a glassy look which would help the flares look better. I really don't know just trying to give constructive advice. :)

Seems alright. What did you use to make it? Some Adobe software?

DerrickStorm    34

[align=justify]The only thing that I would fix here is synchronization. Synchronize the sound with the lens flare effect (or how do you call it). As the sound gets louder, at the highest point the flare should be in the middle of the path, and be at the end at the same point as the sound ends. That's my opinion. But it looks good. Keep up the good work!

Pokey    5

Nana, it's not. It's perfectly adequate to be honest, I was just giving you my blunt feedback. There's plenty of room for improvement, but it could work.

It's certainly not bad for a first try at making one, so good job in those regards.

Ah I see, and yes, definitely room for improvement :).

And thank you still!

Modest and easy is cool but it is kind of bland. I would suggest to have the letters pop out/form or something. Maybe like an ignited fuse or something to fit the stone/metallic look as the sun flares do not really fit with it, you could even change it to a glassy look which would help the flares look better. I really don't know just trying to give constructive advice. :)

Alright those are some good suggestions! Thanks for this advice! It is constructive :).

I'm just new to it all, that's it.

Seems alright. What did you use to make it? Some Adobe software?

Thanks, I actually made it in Sony Vegas Pro 13 which I also use to edit.

[align=justify]The only thing that I would fix here is synchronization. Synchronize the sound with the lens flare effect (or how do you call it). As the sound gets louder, at the highest point the flare should be in the middle of the path, and be at the end at the same point as the sound ends. That's my opinion. But it looks good. Keep up the good work!

Ah I see what you mean! That's a cool idea!

I'll see if I can do something about that, thank you!