Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
GreekGodx

Ink Spots and Anarchy: The thoughts of Lucius Carter

GreekGodx    148

Ink Spots and Anarchy: The thoughts of Lucius Carter

[mp3]http://puu.sh/kt7rK/c228ccb6ad.mp3[/mp3]

[align=left]

*Lucius begins to listen to his favorite tunes on his cassette player, and brings his pencil close to the piece of paper*

[align=left]It has been a long time since I wrote anything down on a piece of paper. Ever since I found my daughter dead, my karma seems to flick into different directions. I got to say that things seem to be very well. Cheryl and I have been living in a nice small cottage in the old mountain ridges close to the Russian border. The only threat we have are the old country folk who roam as one of the infection in a nearby house down the road. Lately, the animals that used to live in this area have migrated down south near the cities and have caused me to salvage the nearby towns for whatever was left behind. Thankfully, Cheryl is getting quite better, I managed to remove the bullet that penetrated her during an altercation with a few masked individuals a few months back, and she is finally getting feeling back into it after such a long time. In the next few weeks, Cheryl might be able to take care of herself as I might travel back down to the cities in search on what has happened the past few months. Sadly, the last time I seen the survivors of Chernarus, people were in fear of the Chedaki and their path of pure communism on the land of South Zagoria. I'm worried on what I might find. I may find my dear friend Lucas Evans who I have not seen since a few days after his dear sister committed suicide in the square of Dolina. I actually got in touch with him a few weeks back, through the radio, telling me that him and Rin were safe and were also hiding from the dangers of the Chernarussian Wasteland. I would like to run into my dear old friends of Ender, Liliya, Jay, Desmond, and Audrey. I may not be a pretty sight for those people, but it is worth a shot to discuss with them on some sort of closure on our past issues. Until then, Cheryl is my number one priority and my journey will have to wait...

*Lucius folds the paper and places it into his coat pocket. He then gently clicks his cassette player to stop*

Cabin-in-the-Woods_v1.jpg

Fafnir    38

Was able to finally read this, was being slightly lazy hehe. Looks good can't wait for more.

GreekGodx    148

[mp3]http://puu.sh/kEMhk/4a3bc0a55b.mp3[/mp3]

*As the night sky turns bright with the moon, Lucius leans against a small tree next to a fairly lit fire in front of him. He takes a warned piece of paper and begins to write his recent experiences*

"It has been an exciting week for me. One day, I managed to reach the familiar town of Stary Sobor and met a nice group of people. In charge of the people was a man named Blake Hunter, a long time friend of Captain Victor Zlazakov, a notorious smuggler who ran his ways through the green sea before the infection. I also met a nice young lady by the name of Blaine Kingsley and her brother, Jacob. They both worked with Captain Zalzakov and Blake Hunter in their smuggling expeditions before the infection as well, and became Zalzakov's top associates. I see some eager tension between the siblings, but I can't quite put my finger on why so."

[align=left]

"As a few days went by, I fitted quite well in the ranks of these individuals as they have the same opinions that I do on government and religion. I thought that the sooner they knew that I was an anarchist, the better chance I had of knowing what their opinion was on me. Anyways, the other night, I heard an eager conversation on my radio, in which involved a well-known friend of mine, Roman Konstantin. While carefully listening to the man's message, a very familiar voice picked up on the channel. It was Matt Brown....A cocky man who has a long history of betrayal and a lot of denial for his actions against many people who seek to survive this deadly world. I focused my hardest to listen to every word he spoke, and what he said made me very impatient. So, with a sense of pride, I carefully made it clear to him that what Roman did to him in the past was because of what he does best...piss people off!"

*Lucius then lest go of his pen in distinct anger and closes his notebook back into his backpack. He then slowly leaned his head back and closed his eyes, humming to his favorite tune*

CampfireTimaruRiver-big.jpg

GreekGodx    148

*Another cold night reached upon Chernarus as Lucius sat on a bed inside an abandoned house just near the outskirts of Polana. He took out his journal and reached for the new pen he found earlier that day and began to write his newest encounters.*

[align=left]"I wish things were easier for me, it sucks getting old and I miss being what I once was... A man named James Delaney contacted me over my radio in curiosity that I would fight Matt Brown for his first set up of his new glamorous fight club. I agreed to the occasion, as I thought it was finally be my chance for revenge against the man who played me and Roman dirty for so long. But, all I got out of it was a ruse and a new opponent, Luke Nathans. Luke is one of Matt's closest pals, he was always around Matt when "The Order" was still a thing and I guess they stuck together ever since. I mean...I have to admit he is a strong man and he is young and hungry like most young men looking for a fight. I knew that if I stood a chance then I must have been lucky...well i wouldn't say it was true. He knocked me on the dirt with one blow to my left eye. Left me dazed and discombobulated for almost a few minutes. People were booing me and I knew I let my fellow friends of the BTR down and I decided to head to the back of the crowd for to treat myself. I could see Matt giving me a cheeky grin as he commentated the next bout, and I thought to myself that i should be ashamed.

"As morning hit, the rest of BTR and I decided to rest up in the town called Grishino, just a little ways north from Kabinino. There we met with two people who were attending the fight club, a man named "Nitro" and a beautiful young lady by the name of Jena. They were in charge of the radio broadcast that hit the airwaves a few days back and were very intrigued to meet the Captain. The Captain basically explained the smuggling routes we have planned in the near future which will help many trade dealers get around quicker so people can get the resources they need. After having the meeting, i decided to travel my own ways in search of the man named Reiner. He was a smart individual who i knew just a few months back in a town called Dolina. After stopping by a few wells so I could rest water onto my eye, i finally reached the right road heading down to the town. On my way down I saw two individuals walking on top of a short hill. They seemed like nice people, as they were graciously walking and talking care-freely. I told them about my sore eye and that this man named Matt Brown is not a nice presence. The lady, I believe she mentioned her name was poppy and the man she was with had a strong Canadian accent. The both mentioned that they were a lot of people gathered in Dolina which to me sounded pretty interesting since Reiner must be there. As I arrived there were people everywhere with orange armbands; socializing and laughing. As i could not see Reiner anywhere, i decided to head my way out. I ran into a familiar face on my way out and well it had been a long time...

[mp3]http://puu.sh/kGyCv/f574d9a150.mp3[/mp3]

*With a fit of anger, Lucius put down the pen and closed his journal. The eye began to pulse and he quickly grabbed a wet rag and placed it on his eye.*

Abandoned.jpg

GreekGodx    148

[mp3]http://puu.sh/l1pv4/88767429b2.mp3[/mp3]

A cold night has brushed through Chernarus and Lucius Carter has taken shelter in an abandoned house just north of the old summer camp Strange-land used to call home....

"It seems luck is never drawn my way...As I carefully watch the night sky smiling as I know Jack would be doing the same. It has been almost four days since his death. Me and Dom took different paths away from Svetlojarsk and I ended up back to a familiar place. It was a place I used to call home, Strange-land pub was what it used to be called. Ran by a beautiful young woman named Amy Strange and her best friend, Daisy Bloom. This is where Dom first introduced me to Lucas Evans, a young man who was on the search for his sister. Layla was her name, but I never met her until that fateful day in Dolina where she suddenly killed herself. Strange-land pub was always open at the summer camp, where they would serve any wanderer in the Chernarussian wasteland a bidder cold one that had not been in a fridge in nearly a year. Of course, we had lots of trouble during that time. Tough men with guns would try to take advantage of them and steal nearly most of their stock. Leaving them with just a little remorse to serve the people left to survive in this hell hole of an Apocalypse. Strange-land would move vastly to different bar-like buildings until we reached the summer camp just south east of Devil's Castle."

"As weeks past, i got to meet quite a wide variety of people. The one that stuck out the most was Dr, Jimmy Rosenfield, who was a young man with a quite unique gift to offer for people's injuries. Another person was Veronica Seeber, a young girl who looked up to Amy as a role-model and wanted to learn how to do medical-like skills from Jimmy. We all lived comfortably in the guest cabins each day and served those who visited us for a nice chat or a nice unique taste of Resputin Kvass. As many survivors visited, no one gave me more attention than Jack Pandergras. Jack, was a very southern man with the singing voice of one of your local farmers. He would sing his tunes while holding his pink teddy bear that he named Mitch. Dom told me he named it after an old friend that was sadly taken from the infection. Jack never really told me much about his past, but Dom told me it was a rough one. I did not get to learn much about it until the day he let out the radio broadcast that fateful day. Me and Dom were traveling together when we got the message, and as soon as we heard the loud thump we rushed as fast as we could to Novodmitrovsk."

“Before he ever broadcast his death to Chernarus, Jack told us he was scavenging for supplies in Novodmitrovsk and that he would meet us mid-way through Severograd. When we finally reached the town square, Jack’s body laid calmly in the pavement with a dim smile on his face. I carefully closed his eyes and picked up his body. We then traveled to a secluded beach cavern near the east coast of the Green Sea. It was a nice burial with the calm dark night swirled in and the sound of the ocean not so far away. Dom stuck a stick into the ground and taped together another stick to form a cross. We gave our final farewells and we wandered off into the night, heading back west more in-land. I told Dom that we should meet up in a week's time and see if we could find an old friend, Lucas Evans…”

Quietly, Lucius gently placed his notebook back into his backpack and headed back out into the wasteland

534px-SummerCampRomashka_1c.jpg?version=6c01dfe276513a3e0d62cff969e3355d

Roman    0

Just saw this thread, great read old friend.

Roman and Lucius needs to meet up sometime soon.

One question tho..."Where is Cheryl?"

Chinchilla    77

You ok Cheryl!?!?

GreekGodx    148

[mp3]http://puu.sh/lfKpj/b62f70ef77.mp3[/mp3]

Lucius smiles slightly at a new fresh page in his notebook and begins to write

[align=left]"I was a father, a husband, and a friend. I think there is a lot of men here in Chernarus who could speak the same. Of course, many of them will deny their past because it haunts them to witness such harsh memories that happened throughout this long year here in Chernarus. I, at one point, was the same as many of them and it made me a depressed and self-centered person. Along my travels, I have made many friends who I can trust to talk to and many enemies that I would like to shoot through. But, one person has affected me more than anybody, and that is Cheryl Grey. I first met Cheryl almost a half a year ago. She was eager and very supportive in the anarchist movement. She grew up in the streets of Boston where her mother was a well-known popular figure in the Anarchist movement in the city. Of course, she witnessed many crimes and violence in her childhood, which no person should ever have to live through, and she even saw her own mother killed. At that point in time, I felt very similar to her, that people shouldn't rule over me and that governments and regions are all bogus. Because they were not helping me and they were sure not going to help any others in the future..."

[align=left]"One night I felt an urge to do something that my wife told me to do the day she died. Cheryl and I walked calmly down the road heading east to Guglovo where we were going to meet up with some friends. I asked very soft and quiet "Cheryl, you know you are someone I trust very much and that you have gave me a sense of relief that I have not had in a long time." She nodded and said that she was glad that she could help and in which I told her about my wife's dying wish that one day I would find someone to care about again. "I love you Cheryl...you are the first person in a long time that has given me the passion to live and I would like to spend it with you until the day we die." She felt confused and shocked, I felt like I was going to get shot, but at the end of the day I guess we were meant for each other..."

Lucius felt tears stream down his eyes and closed the notebook in hand. He listened to the radio frequency that he gave her, but there was no response...

b02oK0N.jpg

Lucius and Cheryl

GreekGodx    148

Lucius took out a pen and began writing his daily experiences

[mp3]http://puu.sh/mQfaK/541c30de9a.mp3[/mp3]

It was hard to say goodbye, but it was the most safest bet for us. Nick had been developing an unknown issue of getting angry and scared about his past. His fear of his wife’s death possessed him on becoming angry and very evil towards anyone who he encountered. He looked up to me as someone he could relate to about his wife’s death, but I had no answer on stopping his inner-monster nor how to control it. We all decided that it was safe to let him be on his own. He agreed and decided to head north away from us and where most survivors have been lurking as of late. Hopefully one day he can find an answer to his problem and we can accept him as our own once more.

The sunset was in the horizon as we all traveled through the the airfield in search of a weapon that I was in a dire need for. Earlier that day, my rusted Izh-18 rifle met its demise as an infected swiped on to the ground, snapping the barrel. As we searched for the abandoned tents of where the CDF once fortified, we ran into a young man by the name of Scotty. He was just a teen who seemed to have been to be in such a good mood to find us. He ran up to Sonny trying to receive a hug, but Sonny pushed him away before he could. Sonny seemed to know the young man from a past occasion, and seemed to regret it. Scotty said that he ran into Sonny a few days back in a town. There they helped each other go against the infected that lurked it. The boy seemed to know how to survive. It has been over a year since the outbreak began and he seemed to not have been to affected about the environment.

Later on that day, we ran into Mia and her husband, Eli. They been hanging around Zelenogorsk where ZBOR had made into their personal city. They had a new friend with them by the name of Miranda and she seemed to be a very nice and gentle person. Since me and Luke stopped in Zelenogorsk, I went in search for Pavel, where I was going to give a gift for his wedding. Sadly, he was not home at the time so I decided to give the weapon to the ZBOR soldiers on patrol to put into their armory for safe keeping. After a while we decided to head north to Kabinino, where we met up with Johnny Denver and his gang. There, we traveled through Stary and Novy where we ran into some folk they seem to have beef with Johhny from before. Fist fights broke out almost for an hour and I decided to just chat with Johnny for a little bit while his people had some talk with Mia and her husband. After about an hour, we decided to head back to Stary and possibly head back to Kabinino, but I felt tired and decided to take shelter in a shack.

After writing his final sentence, Lucius placed down the pen and put away his journal

GreekGodx    148

[mp3]http://puu.sh/mRkua/feeab312e9.mp3[/mp3]

It was a calm and soothing Sunday, the sun was at its high point and the wind was nowhere to be felt. Lucius picked up his improvised fishing rod made out of a simple branch and rope and attached a small hook to the top. He then took an easy swing and watched the hook land into the water. Lucius hadn’t felt so calm in such a long time and he was glad that he was able to have time on his own. The past couple of days had been such a roller coaster of events that Lucius sometimes would forget what rest was. The constant struggle of Nick’s “inner-monster” and the wedding plans of Mia and her husband Eli have been exhausting Lucius and the others. Lucius felt a tug on the line and began to quickly reel in as fast as he could. Quickly, the large carp landed on the ground and flopped ferociously against the dirt. Lucius quickly grabbed a rather thick rock and hit the carp across the head several times. “Sorry little fella but your dinner tonight.” He picked up the dead carp and placed him across a rock next to the small pond. He then took out his knife and began gutting the carp for its fresh meat.

An hour had past and Lucius began sticking a piece of the carp meat on a large sharpened stick that he carved with his knife. He carefully moved the stick close to the ball of fire and watched as the meat browned into a crisp golden color. Almost finished, Lucius then heard a familiar voice come from right behind him and he quickly swung his head around to stare at the individual. It was Scotty, the boy that he met just a few days back at the airfield with the rest of the gang. He apparently was taking a stroll around the Severograd area and saw the smoke from his fire. “Well hello there, Scotty, what are doing around these parts? I thought you were with Luke and the others?” Scotty made a slight grin and stated, “ I just never been so far up North before. I thought it would be interesting to explore.” He then took a quick seat next to Lucius who forgot that his carp was still cooking on the fire. “Goddamit!” Lucius screamed, as the fish meat started to look burnt at the right side. “Man, I forgot that I was cooking this!” Lucius yelled as he then tried to see if he could take some of the burnt spots off to at least make it edible. He then looked back at Scotty and asked him, “How did you know where I was? I never told anyone that I was going to go fishing on my own.” Scotty to a deep breath and said “Well, I was up early and I saw you get up and grab your supplies and headed this way from the camp.” He looked down as if he thought he was in trouble,  “I didn’t know what you were up to and I am sorry that I followed you.” Lucius sighed and said, “What happens if I was in a town or city, and there were a couple of infected roaming about? What would do if I did not know you were nearby and one of them bit you? You would be hurt and there would be no way for me to save you.”

Scotty sighed and looked at the ground as Lucius began to look at the piece of meat again to see if there was anymore charred pieces left. “I guess it looks good to eat.” Lucius pondered as he took a quick bite and smiled with joy. After Lucius finished his carp, he turned around to see that Scotty had taken off. “What the hell? Scotty!!! Scotty, where are you!!!” Lucius screamed as he then felt a slight pain in his stomach. “Jesus christ that hurts!” Lucius muttered as he held tight to his chest and looked around to see if he could spot Scotty in the distance. Lucius quickly poured some pond water on to the fire and grabbed his bag heading to the main road. He traveled through towards Severograd, where the many of the infected seemed to be wandering. He quickly and silently moved around the alleys, in search of Scotty. As dusk drew, Lucius began feeling more pain in his stomach and began to start puking all over the ground. A single infected heard the commotion and charged straight at Lucius. With the strength he had left he shoved the infected into a shack and closed the shack door which he quickly locked with his lockpick. Tired and weak from the unknown sickness Lucius began to walk back to the camp just south from Severograd, but just north of Novy. The thick forest became alive, as Lucius began to feel light-headed wandering back to the small camp that him and the others set the night before. “G-god I hope they are still there...” He muttered as he walked across the field just in view of the castle. Lucius began to wobble and began using the trees as support heading up the steep hill. He could hear the voices of his friends just past the trees and as quickly he could made it to the top and collapsed in front of them. He quickly screamed, “The fish! There is something wrong with the goddamn Fish!” Luke quickly came up to Lucius and poured water on his head to help cool off. After a few minutes Luke decided to take Lilly and Scotty, who must have returned back to camp, to a clinic to find medical supplies for his problem. Sonny decided to stay behind with a man that sounded very familiar. He wasn’t wearing his traditional mask which surprised  Lucius tremendously. “Acorn, is that you?”

To be continued...

Faust    0

Excellent story! Although it does have me wondering what could be wrong with the fish? Was it infected?

GreekGodx    148

Excellent story! Although it does have me wondering what could be wrong with the fish? Was it infected?

I ate burnt fish lol, but I decided to roleplay out that the fish was bad.

The story is based on events that took place in-game so the stories I write are organically made by the roleplay scenarios i encountered over a certain amount of time.

GreekGodx    148

Victor and Dr. Hope

[mp3]http://puu.sh/mV0jB/b02bf7865c.mp3[/mp3]

A few days have past since Lucius had seen Acorn. He seemed to have been going through a weird phase because he was acting quite less normal than he usually was. Thankfully, that same night, Lucius was able to find charcoal tabs to help ease his stomach pains. He realized that the fish from the pond must have been contaminated with some sort of bug, but he knew that it would probably the last time ever going near fish that come out of a pond in Chernarus. That following day, Lucius met up with his friends in Vybor, there they encountered Mia who seemed to be traveling by herself. Scotty was staying close to Luke because he thought the town looked very unsafe. Lucius knew that Scotty was probably right and so took a high position on a rooftop of an abandoned school. Lucius saw three men heading down towards his friends and Mia. He warned urgently over the radio and they all stood alert. The three men came off in a pleasant manner, saying that they never seen so many polite individuals throughout the entire outbreak. Lucius took that in consideration and sat silently on the roof watching his people socialize with the strangers. Almost an hour past and Lucius’ friends thought it was time to get going.

A day later, Lucius had woke up on top of a rather large tree. His friend DeMonte told him how during the beginning of the outbreak that he would stay in trees at night cause he knew people or infected could not see or reach him. As got down to the ground, he could hear shots coming from the south, near the Kabinino area. To take a cautious approach, Lucius decided to head east to possibly head near the towns of Stary and Novy. While heading on to an open field, Lucius encountered two ladies just on the paved road. They seemed to be anxious, so Lucius made sure to take a calm approach by politely saying hello. One of the women asked him if he knew what was happening Kabinino, but Lucius had no clue and knew it was something dangerous just by the sound of the shooting that frequently went off each second. The lady then performed a whistle which then a man came from a tree with a very recognizable cowboy-like hat and a thick Spanish accent. The man, quickly told us that we were better off heading north, towards the Grishino area. So, with all four us, we quickly headed up the road in seek from getting away from the unknown battle.

As we reached a more broader distance away from the fighting, the man asked Lucius who he was, and well Lucius basically explained the whole ordeal have how he been in Chernarus during the start of the outbreak and how he survived so far. The man told Lucius that his name was Victor and that he had similar experiences throughout the outbreak. The lady who Lucius was talking to earlier was named Dr. Hope. Lucius knew who she was because of his friend, Dr. Kane, who had met her just a few weeks back. The other girl that wa with her and Victor was Ellie. She was a teenager who seemed to be very shy. She said hello, but was mostly quiet throughout our walk. As we were close to Grishino, a loud and young voice came out of the forest calling for Lucius’ name. It was Scotty, who must have been near and still awake, as it was way past midnight. He quickly went by Lucius’ side and began to walk with him. Victor quickly asked, “Do you know this boy?” and began to start walking again. Lucius responded, “Yes, he is Scotty, he travels with my friends.” Victor gave off a small grin and replied, “It is good to see that there are people who have the heart and compassion to take care of a child. Even throughout this crazy world we live in now.”

As they reached Grishino, Lucius realized that Scotty started say the name Jimmy and starting running around as if he was chasing someone. Lucius sighed, “Not again…” Dr. Hope looked at Lucius and asked, “Is this normal for him to do?” Lucius looked to her, “Yes, he thinks he sees his brother, and sometimes he gets scared and thinks he sees his father.” The doctor seemed to think about it and asked Scotty to come over. As Scotty heading towards them, the doctor whispered to Lucius, “Maybe I can get Ellie to interact with him, maybe to have a friend.” Lucius quickly replied, “Sure, it might be great for him to make a new friend.” As Scotty came up, Victor came over and introduced himself to the boy. As a few hours past, it seemed Lucius realised that Scotty and Ellie were not talking to each other. As the sun was coming up, Lucius could his pal Luke, and Scotty ran fast to his side. Scotty helped introduce Luke to Victor and the doctor while a I watched one of Victor’s people named Samuel speak to a man who was wandering just near the barns. After the introduction, Luke and Lucius wanted to get going soon, and so before we got going, Victor went to speak to Scotty one last time. Victor gave a great story on the origins of him wearing a cowboy hat and offered one of his spares to Scotty as a symbol of bravery. Scotty said he would wear it when he felt scared. After Victor gave the hat Lucius, Luke, and Scotty slowly departed from Grishino, heading to meet up with the others...

GreekGodx    148

The return of Rosenfield

latest?cb=20140613182855

It was a cold night and Lucius was heading up a dirt path that seemed to have been worn by the many people who had traveled on it so many times. The night sky was clear and the pale of the moonlight struck down upon the land as if it was a huge light. He could see the shape of figures walking up the road and a bright flash of a lamp came upon his view. Luke was had the lamp with Dom on one side and an unknown individual on his other.  They seemed to be talking about a familiar moment in which Lucius could remember and in which in utter shock Lucius realized who the man was. It was an old friend, one he thought he would never see again. Dr. Jimmy Rosenfield stood in plain sight with his charming smile and grey long hair combed back with his flat cap placed upon top. Lucius was happy to his old friend that it took awhile to really believe it was really him. Lucius had not heard from Jimmy for many months, so long that with today’s world you would think that he must have been killed. The last time Lucius saw Jimmy, he was suffering from a heart condition which may cause heart attacks or even worse, death. “Lucius, you do not need to worry my good pal. I had successful surgery received in which my heart condition is not severe as it used to be.” Jimmy said in a calm and clear voice. As they traveled back to camp, Jimmy decided to stick around and visit Lucius’ new home.

The camp was dark and was very hard to see if their was any danger around the area. Lucius tied a piece of cloth around a small stick and lit it with a match. The light of the fire illuminated the camp in an orange flicker. As the shadows of the night disappeared from the fire’s light, Luke and the others made their own lights and placed them around the camp. Lucius took a seat on the steps of one of the cabins and looked through his belongings. Ender and his friend Miranda sat behind talking to Jimmy while Dom took guard around the campsite. Luke and Lilly decided to go for a walk and DeMonte went to take a rest in his cabin just across the dirt path. Scottie was sitting on the back of a broken down pickup truck that seemed to be stuck into the ground. He had taken Luke’s lamp so he could read the comics that a man named Vinnie had found for him in Pusta. Lucius found his old cassette player which had been at the bottom of his bag. Its batteries were low, but thankfully just a few days back he found a new set of batteries inside a cupboard in an house down near the shore of Chernogorsk. He took out the old set and placed them down on the step. He carefully placed the new set into the cassette player and began searching for his favorite track from his cassette collection. Lucius grabbed a tape and placed inside the player which he carefully pushed play. Jimmy looked over and smiled, “You know when to play my favorites don'’t you…”

[mp3]http://puu.sh/nBZvu/5a8ebc8ac5.mp3[/mp3]

Sign in to follow this