Server time: 2017-08-20, 19:21

Sign in to follow this  
Combat Logo

[Open Frequency] Look for Home

Combat Logo    79

*Logan sits by the radio, he reaches out and grabs it. He presses down the talk button.*

"I'm calling out to see if anyone can help us. We are three guys who are tired of walking, always looking behind us, having to wander if the next person we meet will have an ambush waiting for us. All we're looking for is a place to stay, a group to join, a community, camp, anything. We have weapons, we aren't defenseless, but any will agree with me who has already found themselves a family that it's better to e in a family than a party. Our group is made up with a ex-soldier, a cargo manager, and a college student.

*Logan pauses before he continues.*

"We're not looking for a colony, just a group of people for us to join. We haven't come this far to die now..."

*Logan stops once more, sighs, and lets go of the button.*

*Kasey places down his jerry can and pulls his radio out of his backpack*

I've heard of a few places buuuuut... when I've gone to check then out um... n-no ones been... there... I wish I could help but y'know... yea...

*lets go of the talk button staring at the radio for a bit then places it back in his bag and continues walking*

Combat Logo    79

*Logan picks up the radio, a little disappointed, but understanding that not every message received would be positive. He presses the talk button.*

"Hey, uhhh... well thanks for the info. We wish you the best of luck."

*Logan hesitates for a second. Wondering if it is the right choice to make.*

"If you ever interested in meeting up, we can arrange a location. Its up to you..."

*Logan takes his thumb off the button and rubs his eyes before standing up to leave the room.*

*Kasey opens a cupboard to find a can of spaghetti and hears the offer over the radio, he nervously takes out his radio to respond*

Oh uh sure, I don't really know the land too well, but I do have a map, I cant read... this... language, but I can tell the town names apart.

*Thinks for a moment*

Uh... well... no one seems to carry around jerry cans often, or at least those I-I run into so... if you see someone hauling one around wearing a...

*examines himself*

Black raincoat and beanie that... may be me... so...

Uh by the way... the names umm... K-Kasey Howard

*thinks to himself hoping he didn't make a big mistake*

So y-yea I wish you guys luck too uhh... stay safe...

*puts his radio in his bag along with the can of spaghetti*

Combat Logo    79

*Logan looks over at Max before pressing the talk button*

"Hey Kasey, is there any way you can meet us at the southwest lighthouse, opposite of the island, at... uhhh dawn. We're heading in that direction at the moment. Oh yeah, My name is Logan Powell by the way."

*Logan takes his thumb off the talk button.*

*Kasey grabs the radio from his bag to speak while grabbing is map and compass thinking of the lighthouses he has seen*

Oh uh yea sure I-I'll see what I can do, I'm a little beat I've been traveling all day but I'll uh let you know i-if I need to rest for a bit so... I guess I'll head over now so... ha uhh nice to... sorta meet you then Logan... I'll hopefully see you guys in a bit then...

*puts away his radio and keeps walking holding his jerry can in the right hand and map and compass in the left*

Combat Logo    79

*After the long hike down to the coast, Logan pulls out his radio and presses the talk button*

"Hey, we have made it to the lighthouse, we can see it from here. We'll see you shortly."

*Logan takes his thumb of the talk button, and closes his eyes to rest for a minute.*

*Kasey pulls out his radio while walking through Cherno*

*pant* I... I think I'm... close I-

holy fuck that building has a hole blown in it!

*cuts out*

*Kasey drags himself into an hangar on the Balota airfield and collapses against a wall*

*pant* Hey uhh L-Logan was it? y-yea s-sorry I'm *pant* ugh I'm out of breath for now but *takes a puff from his inhaler* *cough*

I- I'll be ready to move in say I dunno.. uhh t-two hours maybe? *pant* I'll let you know when I'm on the move *pant* again...

*leans his head back and takes a swig from his jerry can*

argh... sorry for the waste of time guys...

*puts his radio in his bag and closes his eyes*

...shit

Layman96    1

*Max hears the radio going as Logan is inside the building and pickS it up*

"Hey, this is his friend. We stopped in Chernogorsk for something real quick...if you like, we can stop over and meet with you there. Or if you need rest we can meet you later too...whatever works.

*He quickly puts the radio in his jacket pocket as they begin to move on*

*Kasey picks up his radio and takes a deep breath*

Hey I've had a decent rest so i-if you guys are still around? I'll uhh come find you's

*stands up and begins to search the airfield*

Layman96    1

*Hears the radio as he's sitting near the water*

"Hey, yea we're still here. We're over by the lighthouse me mentioned."

*Then holds the radio in his hands, staring into the sea, patiently awaiting a response.*

Combat Logo    79

*Logan hears the radio and presses the talk button.*

"Hey man, we uhhh will have to meet later, still at the lighthouse, but we decided to set up camp for the night near it so we could get some rest. Didn't mean to make you run too hard there. I'll radio you when we are up and moving again. Sorry for the issue."

*Logan lets go of the button and starts to rummage through his bag, he finds his book and flips to were the bookmark sits at. He lets out a brief sigh and starts to read.*

*Kasey finishes searching a drawer and answers the radio*

yea ok sure thing I'll just finish up here and well... head on over... I might rest up for a little too while I'm at it actually

*puts the radio in his bag and continues to look around*

The Marshal    351

The Marshal gave a small smile at hearing the familiar voices. He unclipped his radio and raised it to his lips.

"Logan... Max. This is The Marshal... Did our words we traded a few nights ago keep in mind?" He paused, scratching at the scruff on his neck. "Y'all are looking for people... Some to call home..." He paused again. "If you're looking... I'm offering..."

Combat Logo    79

*Logan digs out his radio and presses the talk button.*

"Hey Kasey, sorry for the silence there, crazy more, but I'm on the prison island. You can swim on over and meet the gang. Sorry for wasting your time on this. See you soon, maybe...."

*Logan puts his radio out of his bag and looks at his busted ax, thinking about how he will need a new one if he's getting any firewood.*

*Kasey wakes up to the sound of the radio and scratches his head with a yawn and picks the radio up to speak*

oh uh y-yea sure I'll- *yawn* I'll head over there now then... uh yea see you soon

*rubs his eyes clean of sleep and puts the radio in the side pocket of his bag and gets moving*

Layman96    1

*Scans the shoreline with his binoculars and notices a man with a gas can running on the coast*\

"Hey, Kasey? It's Max. I can see you. Go ahead and swim over."

*Puts the radio in his jacket pocket as he keeps his binocs aimed at the man*

*Walking down the northern road that Logan pointed out, Kasey grabbed out his radio and began to speak*

Hey um sorry I did quite reply on time uh, L-Logan and I were searching around for a f-few things and then we uh... parted ways... I think... I think he might still be looking around in that town I... I don't know...

but anyways it was good to meet you Logan and the um... doctor I don't think I got his name but... uh hopefully I get to meet the rest of you some day... uh s-stay safe!

*puts his radio back in his bag and pugs in his mp3 player for the walk up north*