Server time: 2017-08-22, 03:51

Sign in to follow this  
Bigginz

Role Play Suggestions

Bigginz    0

Me (IC name Ronald Zofchak) and my IRL son (IC name Zachary Zofchak) are new to role playing. We are very excited to get involved in our characters and play.

Is there any suggestions that the community can give that will help us role play?

Brendan    0

Me (IC name Ronald Zofchak) and my IRL son (IC name Zachary Zofchak) are new to role playing. We are very excited to get involved in our characters and play.

Is there any suggestions that the community can give that will help us role play?

Welcome both of you ::)

Just relax , don't force it. as long as you don't break immersion there is no need to be dramatic at first. Avoid using you backstory as a conversation starter. 

The above poster is right, just travel around and you will forge relationships in game

Welcome both of you to the community!

First and foremost, make sure to take a look at the Guides and Tutorials section of the forums; our members have written a number of excellent guides that cover the details of specific types of RP from hostilities to insanity, and there's a lot of great stuff there. 

Second, as some others have said, travel, meet people - don't feel like you have to hide from groups or vehicles: get out there and say hello. 

Next, ask your character questions often: Why are you doing this? What makes you feel this way about this situation? Check in often with your character's motivation, and make sure you're acting in-game in a way that's coherent with his/her motivations, memories, and experiences. 

Finally, remember that RP is a two way street: You only write YOUR part of the script, and everyone is here to provide an experience for everyone around them. When you go in, plan to GIVE your best RP, and more often than not, you'll receive it in return. 

I hope this helps! Have fun, and be safe out there.

Malvarik    7

Its awesome to see another Father/Son team! Welcome aboard! Like all the others said i would suggest travelling around and just meeting people, talk with them as much as possible and get a feel for the server. If you like someone you meet friend them on the forums to play with them some more.

Dustup    118

Don't get too attached to your gear, you are going to get robbed at some point.  Try to talk to as many people as you can, some people can be a goldmine of information (while others will try to mislead you), either way it will be a learning experience.  Don't be afraid to talk to large groups of people (although you may want to watch them for a bit first to see whether they appear to be friendly).

Defiance    96

I too RP as a father (Harry Boyd) and son (Carter Boyd) combo IC! In fact, I have a daughter (Mute lil' Lilly Boyd) now as well! I find that proper discipline IC is the best way to handle rowdy teenagers. Occasionally, my son refuses to comply when I initiate on him IC, and I'm forced to knock his stupid ass unconscious.

RPing with your family IC can be a blast!