Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Volke

The Shack - Joint Effort By Alcyone [Currently Closed]

Volke    131

The Shack - Joint Effort By Alcyone

The Shack is [Currently Closed]

Cabin-in-woods-007.jpg

Deep in the forest, a cold wind shivers through the trees, and the leaves whisper in the night. Secluded and far away from any other residences, a warm glow lights a clearing in the trees; anyone walking by might hear the sounds of raucous laughter and voices raised in song, or see through the window a cozy fire, ladies and gentlemen wearing flirtatious smiles. 

A sign on the front of the cabin reads: 

‘Welcome to the Shack – Rest your weary legs, traveler, and let go of your worries. Knock, and the door shall open to you. Welcome to Paradise’

Welcome, stranger! Will you knock? Will you take your taste of Paradise?

IC RULES

The Shack is a service provided by Alcyone, you must be in good standing with Alcyone to utilize the service.

There are a variety of men & women workers, as well as services, available. Please be specific regarding the service/worker you would like to work with.  If you are interested in working for the Shack please be specific regarding the services you are willing to provide.  

None of the information presented in this thread is IC information, using such information is meta-gaming.  

The Shack is a place unlike the rest of Chernarus - it is a place where people go wild, and let their passions take control of them.  Whatever happens in the shack - stays in the shack. Run Wild & Be Free! You can finally rest.

OOC RULES

The Shack is a place where you can indulge yourself in more mature rp including but not limited to: sexual based rp, fetishes, emotional outbursts, and unique situations.  The Shack is created to offer an environment which can cater to more mature themes while staying serious in the goals of immersive roleplay.  

You must be OOCly & ICly - 18 or older to participate in the Shack. Mature themes and content will be present at the Shack. The Shack is located in an isolated area in order to not disrupt others' roleplay.

OOC Consent and negotiations regarding services are absolutely paramount. The two people participating must be in the same comms or have theability to immediately contact the other party (through TS). OOC Consent must be expressed in voice on TS as well as through in game, using // Text Chat. Workers and their clients are encouraged to discuss, oocly, how far they are willing to travel, what activities they are willing to engage in, and what activities they are not willing to engage in. 

If at any time either party feels uncomfortable - Please inform the person you are RPing with. RP is a two way street, and when working with such sensitive themes it is especially important to communicate and express your comfort level with the rp. Always be mindful and respectful of the person you are roleplaying with.  You must respect the OOC wishes of the other person: Ex: If at any time they feel uncomfortable and they say stop – you must stop immediately.

Within the Shack – anything can happen, there will be a variety of themes and content expressed. However things play out, if you reach the point of going below the belt, at that point you MUST fade to black , take it on another platform (Ex: Steam) or describe the situation without being vivid or using explicit/graphic details. 

While mature themes will be expressed in the Shack – There will be a zero tolerance policy for those who engage in racist, rape, immature or abusive roleplay within the confines of the Shack.   The owners of the Shack are not responsible for the roleplay that takes place within the confines of the Shack

If you have any feedback or criticism, please comment/ask below 

If you are interested in using the services of the Shack or have any questions or working for it- please send a PM to Volke or xEli

Welcome to Paradise!

Post    0

"The Shack is a place where you can indulge yourself in more mature rp including but not limited to: sexual based rp, fetishes, emotional outbursts, and unique situations. "

Just curious, but is that allowed?

I'm not really objecting to it, if people want to do ERP that their's choice, however, I feel that everyone should interact with each other as much as possible to expand their interests. Seems a bit dull to hide away in a shed somewhere engaging in sexual roleplay. Just keep it to private messages/steam, and leave more survival rp to the server.

Bruce    0

So is this just a place for sexual RP, or is it just tolerated if it shows up? Just a little confused, sounds like a RP VIP only place.

The servers are already rather quiet and everyone is so spread out. Don't see how this will help that any.

Volke    131

"The Shack is a place where you can indulge yourself in more mature rp including but not limited to: sexual based rp, fetishes, emotional outbursts, and unique situations. "

Just curious, but is that allowed?

As someone who roleplayed a rapist In Game (with strict and careful advice from multiple admins)-my understanding of it is: yes it is. There are very strict rules, and it will be heavily monitored. OOC Consent, communication - is key for success. If the two parties are fine with the events that happen.

We employ a zero tolerance policy towards those who engage in racist, rape, immature or otherwise abusive role play. Such actions are grounds for permanent removal from this community. - is the rule for the community, this rp will not fall under any of the above categories. It is a strict under taking, and is going to recieve a variety of criticism. The strict guidelines and the ooc rules will provide a way for people to express mature themes will staying within boundaries. It is difficult undertaking nonetheless.

Well, it was bound to happen eventually.

A passion house in the Apocalypse? Seems reasonable to me.

Josh    37

If the //Ooc rules are followed at all times i dont see an issue with this idea.

Volke    131

So is this just a place for sexual RP, or is it just tolerated if it shows up? Just a little confused, sounds like a RP VIP only place.

The servers are already rather quiet and everyone is so spread out. Don't see how this will help that any.

It is catered to sexual rp - however mature rp themes are expected and encouraged. Basically - adults looking to have a good time. This can mean a variety of things, depending on what is agreed upon between the parties. As long as ooc consent is provided to both parties and it stays within our/community guidelines, I don't see an issue.

Bruce    0

It is catered to sexual rp - however mature rp themes are expected and encouraged.  Basically - adults looking to have a good time. This can mean a variety of things, depending on what is agreed upon between the parties.  As long as ooc consent is provided to both parties and it stays within our/community guidelines, I don't see an issue.

The fact is that the servers are dead as hell, especially when there is a single large group on. I stand by with my previous statement. People are going to be upset that they won't be allowed to participate, and it will hurt the server density.

Prostitution is the oldest profession for a reason, folks.

That having been said, I can assure you that as people interested in developing excellent RP on the server, we have - as a team - thoroughly investigated the limits and rules regarding situations that could crop up here. Certainly if there are any issues at all me, Volke, and xEli are often available to chat it out, and we are always open to constructive feedback.

to clarify, there will be a handler at The Shack overlooking the services provided. Further, being in 'good standing' with Alcyone isn't all *that* hard. If you love what we do, simply respect it, and don't get expelled. We've expelled literally ONE person from our campus in almost 6 months of existence, so no - not a VIP room. Simply a service that we provide - like all other Alcyone services - to those who wish to access them peacefully and with respect.

I'm not at all certain where this idea is coming from that the servers are dead. I see occasionally some lull time, but most of the time I have to spam at least one server to get in. I'm certain as well that this is not the only good RP happening on the servers - I figure folks will, as they always have, make their rounds.

well I guess, I just found a new place to call everyone sweetheart

Bruce    0

That having been said, I can assure you that as people interested in developing excellent RP on the server, we have - as a team - thoroughly investigated the limits and rules regarding situations that could crop up here. Certainly if there are any issues at all me, Volke, and xEli are often available to chat it out, and we are always open to constructive feedback.

to clarify, there will be a handler at The Shack overlooking the services provided. Further, being in 'good standing' with Alcyone isn't all *that* hard. If you love what we do, simply respect it, and don't get expelled. We've expelled literally ONE person from our campus in almost 6 months of existence, so no - not a VIP room. Simply a service that we provide - like all other Alcyone services - to those who wish to access them peacefully and with respect.

I'm not at all certain where this idea is coming from that the servers are dead. I see occasionally some lull time, but most of the time I have to spam at least one server to get in. I'm certain as well that this is not the only good RP happening on the servers - I figure folks will, as they always have, make their rounds.

There is a huge difference between population and density, especially for people that don't constantly have ten people they run around with. I am in no way the only person who has noticed much less interaction the last few weeks. If there are 10+ people sitting in a cabin in the woods, that's 10 less people that will be available for interaction. 

But that being sad, I have absolutely no interest in sitting here arguing all night. I merely feel that the impact this will have on the server needs to be taken into account before full implementation.

Conor    254

For anyone who might be questioning, sexual RP is not actually against the rules as the rules state the following:

6eddea787c.png

Boston    772

Too bad Norman is enemies with Alyssa! :P

Definitely an interesting idea, though.

Volke    131

There is a huge difference between population and density, especially for people that don't constantly have ten people they run around with. I am in no way the only person who has noticed much less interaction the last few weeks. If there are 10+ people sitting in a cabin in the woods, that's 10 less people that will be available for interaction. 

But that being sad, I have absolutely no interest in sitting here arguing all night. I merely feel that the impact this will have on the server needs to be taken into account before full implementation.

it isn't a VIP Club - information is going to be spread IG. How does this differ from 10 people sitting at Gm , or 10 people at Elektro coastline. Besides, while outer-clan rp should be a huge thing - a large part of rp comes from inter-clan rp. I Don't see how having a business in the woods, is going to affect how often people go to GM. People can choose to do their rp as they like. If we want to set up a shack - and people come to it - that's that. You only need 1 person to rp with , I assume there is more then enough people to do it with.

Hamakaze    13

it isn't a VIP Club - information is going to be spread IG. How does this differ from 10 people sitting at Gm , or 10 people at Elektro coastline.  Besides, while outer-clan rp should be a huge thing - a large part of rp comes from inter-clan rp.  I Don't see how having  a business in the woods, is going to affect how often people go to GM.  People can choose to do their rp as they like. If we want to set up a shack - and people come to it - that's that. You only need 1 person to rp with , I assume there is more then enough people to do it with.

Although after all it is an apocalypse and people are meant to be scarce your not really meant to run into someone around every corner

Volke    131

it isn't a VIP Club - information is going to be spread IG. How does this differ from 10 people sitting at Gm , or 10 people at Elektro coastline.  Besides, while outer-clan rp should be a huge thing - a large part of rp comes from inter-clan rp.  I Don't see how having  a business in the woods, is going to affect how often people go to GM.  People can choose to do their rp as they like. If we want to set up a shack - and people come to it - that's that. You only need 1 person to rp with , I assume there is more then enough people to do it with.

Although after all it is an apocalypse and people are meant to be scarce your not really meant to run into someone around every corner

It's been 11 months, people have began to settle down. A place like this is what is needed : a basic need for many people and has been humanity's oldest occupation.

Guest RayymondLmao   
Guest RayymondLmao

Just to ensure the safety of "private property," can the shack be moved if it conflicts with other players? I've got a fairly secluded hideout I've set up and I don't want it turned into some party pad just because it's out-of-the-way.

Storm    215

I feel like if a brought my african character here he would be so confused. I really like the concept though.

Hamakaze    13

It's been 11 months, people have began to settle down. A place like this is what is needed : a basic need for many people and has been humanity's oldest occupation.

Yeah I'm all for people settling down and especially away from cities and towns where the threat in the form of zombies would be i just felt the need to say that people aren't going to be as common anymore. I'm probably not making any sense since I'm absolutely shattered...

On another note it's nice to see that someone has in a small way acknowledged the worlds oldest profession and how it's always been there and always will despite wars and disasters.

Good Luck with this!

Shade    0

As long as everyone follows the rules and is mature about it, I don't see a problem with this. Good luck!

Oliv    1882

I always knew Alcyone was a front for a house of illrepute. Reinor and Alyssa are madams.

Too bad Norman is enemies with Alyssa! :P

Definitely an interesting idea, though.

It doesn't have to be like this....all we need to do...is keep...talking :P

Besides, you're actually *not* on the blacklist - yet ;-) Gotta work harder to *really* get us riled up. hehehehe

Just to ensure the safety of "private property," can the shack be moved if it conflicts with other players? I've got a fairly secluded hideout I've set up and I don't want it turned into some party pad just because it's out-of-the-way.

We certainly don't want to be bad neighbors! But we would respectfully request to have the situation RPd out. If your character actually finds the place, or overflow from actually affects you IG - PLEASE RP it out with us <3

I feel like if a brought my african character here he would be so confused. I really like the concept though.

There are people available to help educate you in the ways of passion and love, my friend. Feel free to visit sometime.

Ellie    335

if we are being intrusive in some way then yes. we have no problem moving. chenarus is a big place, theres plenty of places to go :)

I always knew Alcyone was a front for a house of illrepute. Reinor and Alyssa are madams.

Hey - part of the wisdom of the world is that everyone needs to let off a little steam. We're making love, not war, baby. 

And you can feel free to call me Madam, anytime ;-)

Sign in to follow this