Server time: 2017-10-19, 12:32
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
MacMerritt

GMs no longer able to participate in Clans.

MacMerritt    0

As there have been constant rumors and with the Goz discussion closed by one admin covering for another I know Im not the only one that feels a bit uncomfortable of admins playing or leading clans.

It should be common sense that someone with an interest in the game should not have access to any tool that would potentially give them an unfair advantage. Temptation and trustwortiness aside, it should be common sense and practice that individuals with access to the database and admin map should not be allowed to anything more than run events, RP special characters/situations, and settle issues.

Now I think its a good idea if each clan has a member that would be considered as a moderator, someone that can handle forums reports that dont involve their unit or an ally's unit thus making them mostly impartial. These mods could then forward the information on to full admins who would then access the restricted tools and determine a final decision.

All too often I have seen on servers player/admins that use and abuse their power in order to help themselves, their group, or their friends in hopes of defeating an enemy or percieved threat. It is a conflict of intrests for admins to play in groups.

Either play or be an admin, not both.

Jukki    1

Keep in mind, gms are still people, they also want to play, and one does not leave your friends behind.

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

Keep in mind, gms are still people, they also want to play, and one does not leave your friends behind.

Choose friends or choose GM, it is that simple.

Too many biased GM's at the moment.

Mavasaur    0

Jesus, another one of these? Do you people think we just run around to admin mapping everything to spoil the fun of the game/server? This, right here, is the reason why the majority of the admins/gm's don't play on the server, so thanks.

So you expect GMs and admins to just be caretakers without ever having any fun? Good luck with that.

Tortov    0

Although it may be true that you can't forget what you see, it is important that GMs are able to do their task effectively, and without access to a map, reports would go unsolved.

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

Jesus, another one of these? Do you people think we just run around to admin mapping everything to spoil the fun of the game/server? This, right here, is the reason why the majority of the admins/gm's don't play on the server, so thanks.

Why don't you join them then :D ?

Ruffboi    0

Why don't you?

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

Why don't you?

Oh sorry, i didn't know i had GM status

-KG-    0

Fine be a GM in a clan, but then remove the admin map for that GM...especially the bandit clans who fight a lot.

I wanted to drop into this thread just to address something. I wont go into specifics and I wont name anyone. But it's clear to me that certain people are abusing this power when they play for the benefit of their group. How do I know this?

I tested my theory by parking a vehicle near a tent in the open that had a bunch of high tier loot in it. The vehicle was removed and the tent untouched. I sent Rolle a message about this weeks ago and he ignored it completely.

Everytime we gathered vehicles, they go missing within hours and the tents are untouched. This has been a running theme and one of the reasons (the infraction deal was the straw) of why I don't play here anymore.

We have yet to maintain vehicles on ANY portion of the map, anywhere, for more than a few hours before they go missing. Some can be easily ruled out, some can be a fluke in the system. But I have certain instances where it can't be explained any other way.

I'm sorry, but the administration here short of Mav and maybe one or two other people, haven't shown me that they can be trusted. Case in point was the latest posting of a kill log for a member who shouldn't have had access. Too many times I've witnessed GM's going to bat for their own people and throwing their weight around. One such person came into our TS early on here in the server, and "encouraged" us not to report something because they were a GM.

To me, you shouldn't be a part of a group and running as a GM. Plain and simple. OR as an alternative, you should have a separate forum and game account for admin and then for gaming. The stipulation is that NO ONE outside of the staff should know you are part of the staff. That might cut down on the temptations.

It's been discussed recently.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-admin-map-authority

On a side note, that thread is locked and there's no means for a discussion about this there. So, unfortunately that doesn't help for people wanting to address this.

"But I have certain instances where it can't be explained any other way."

Why don't you give us examples, then?

There are 50 people on this server. Maybe you should hide your cars better.

"But I have certain instances where it can't be explained any other way."

Why don't you give us examples, then?

There are 50 people on this server. Maybe you should hide your cars better.

As I said... there's been a number of instances where I've baited people and it's been bypassed simply by removing the vehicle. I'm not going to name names, or call people out. My conclusion is that:

1. The vehicle(s) is being moved and the people who happened upon them in all corners of the map are morons by not taking the gear.

2. The vehicle is being specifically targeted as in located and moved, or administratively moved.

I have a dozen instances where vehicles were moved from a handful of different locations some of which were so obscured that even people looking for them (and given the exact GPS coordinate) couldn't find them... and they've gone away. I was told one of our camps was specifically targeted because we "had too many vehicles". I wont go into that one at all.

But trust me, it's not about placing/hiding them. There's more going on here and I'm 100% positive on that. That's not to say it's a widespread problem with all of the GM's being corrupt. I'm just saying there are some bad apples in this bunch that are ruining it for everyone else.

I'm not posting here to stir up trouble. I'm not here to cause strife. But clearly there is a fault to this system. No GM should be in a position to sway the balance in their favor even if by accident (ie. viewing the map for such and such violation and spotting a vehicle or tent as well. As has been said to me, "what has been seen can not be unseen". I agree with that completely).

I ain't a fan of admins that play DayZRP having admin maps because I can tell you a story about a firefight against a clan with an admin. Not fun at all.

How can we believe you if you don't give examples? And if they don't take the gear, then what's the point of moving the vehicles in the first place? To annoy you?

I can also say "I have proof that all GMs are evil but I'm not going to give that proof". Would you believe me?

"There's more going on and I'm 100% positive of that" is really vague. If you are 100% positive, give us 100% positive proof.

Mavasaur    0

From another thread that was very similar.

Back to the topic: it's a tool, it's needed to solve reports and catch teleporters, it's only given to trusted people; no, it won't be removed unless I feel it's necessary.

How can we believe you if you don't give examples? And if they don't take the gear, then what's the point of moving the vehicles in the first place? To annoy you?

I can also say "I have proof that all GMs are evil but I'm not going to give that proof". Would you believe me?

"There's more going on and I'm 100% positive of that" is really vague. If you are 100% positive, give us 100% positive proof.

The point in moving the vehicle is to have the vehicle. Or, in the case of our camp raid, to remove the vehicles from us because we had too many (in all fairness we did have something like 6 in that instance).

I'm not going to list examples because what's the point? If I tell you about the time we had a motorcycle parked at such and such coordinate, and within a couple hours it was removed... though it was so well concealed it was nearly impossible to find... how does that help?

If I tell you about the tent I put down facing the driver door a mere two feet away with a M-249, M-60, L-85, and M-14, 20+ STANAG, etc in it and in that case nothing was removed... why is that important?

As I said... EVERYTIME without fail, the vehicles we have recovered are taken within hours. Doesn't seem to matter at what location we park them... and trust me the spots are REALLY good most of the time. Even one of our choppers was placed in a very remote location. Within three hours it was gone. Twice.

Coincidence is only coincidence so many times. You can either choose to believe me, or don't.

From another thread that was very similar.

Back to the topic: it's a tool, it's needed to solve reports and catch teleporters, it's only given to trusted people; no, it won't be removed unless I feel it's necessary.

I don't think the tool itself is the problem. I just don't like seeing GM's at the forefront of a group is all. I don't think anyone should know they are playing with a GM.

How does it change if a GM isn't at the forefront of a group, but at the background? He or she would still be able to pass along that information. Even if he or she wasn't in that group at all.

I'm not going to list examples because what's the point? If I tell you about the time we had a motorcycle parked at such and such coordinate, and within a couple hours it was removed... though it was so well concealed it was nearly impossible to find... how does that help?

Not really.

Coincidence is only coincidence so many times. You can either choose to believe me, or don't.

I don't. :D

Mavasaur    0

So you think GM's should just be some shadowing mythical creature in the background that you never see? That's not going to happen. We're constantly solving reports, people will always know who we are.

We have a good trustworthy GM team, we catch several cheaters daily. I don't get why 1-2 admins with a admin map is such a big deal to you? It's like every time a tent gets raided or a car is stolen it's automatically a GM that stole it. But lets just forget about the 100's of people that run all over the server daily at all hours of the day.

Tomeran    3

You want to ban GMs from playing in clans? You realize that in a game like dayZ, and even more on a server like dayzrp, that's like banning these people from enjoying dayzrp? far from everyone enjoys being a lone wolf!

If you want GMs that are involved and care about the community, and have the EXPERIENCE to back up their judgements, then you need GMs that play! And yes, that play in clans as well. Good luck finding a full set of reliable and dependable GMs that just prefer the lone wolf playstyle.

There would be an "obvious conflict of interest" except for one very important fact: Abusing GM powers to their own benefit in this way requires a REAL douchebag, and its clear you dont really know the people you're accusing. The server staff does, unless you think ALL the server staff is corrupt.

Mavasaur    0

Jesus H Christ. You want to ban GMs from playing in clans? You realize that in a game like dayZ, and even more on a server like dayzrp, that's like banning these people from enjoying dayzrp? far from everyone enjoys being a lone wolf!

If you want GMs that are involved and care about the community, and have the EXPERIENCE to back up their judgements, then you need GMs that play! And yes, that play in clans as well. Good luck finding a full set of reliable and dependable GMs that just prefer the lone wolf playstyle.

I highly suggest you start being a little less paranoid and a little more respectful. If you realized how much effort these people put into the community then maybe your tone would be different, because right now its coming across as a paranoid "cant trust da powah!"-post and paint these people out to be little better then hackers. Abusing GM powers to their own benefit in this way? Well that takes a REAL douchebag, and its clear you dont really know the people you're accusing.

Well said.

joker.gif