Server time: 2017-10-17, 22:27
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Wicust

Voices

Wicust    0

I was just wondering how all of you use your voice to really back up the way your character is or just them in general. 

I personally do not quite know yet how to use my voice to my advantage as my voice is much higher than most people my age. This causes me to stress about what people will think about me in RP, as I am a 17 year old male with the voice of around a 14 year old boy...

I just hope to see some ideas that could help me possible figure out an idea/solution to this topic.

The Marshal    353

Voice is a very important part of your character, My character is always recognized for his voice by so many people. You could always use a voice changer, if it bothers you that much. I know another community member here that has a similar problem. But my advice is embrace it.

Guest Mak   
Guest Mak

I wouldn't really advise using a voice changer, just try all the voices that come to your mind and stick to the one that suits your character the most, it usually takes time to actually find the right one...

Shark    0

Same as above. I'd advise not to use a voice changer. Everyone I've come across with a voice changer, it's sounded like shit.

Just play around and see what you can do different naturally.

CODEHX    1

Currently my character is new to the apocalypse scene so I am leaning more towards my normal voice but as he explores and gets into more detrimental situations his voice will begin to get deeper and more raspy.

Wicust    0

I have the basis of my characters voice down but I'm mostly concerned about being reported for "being underage" because of my voice.

GRK-Atlas    2

I give my character a slow talking, depressed sounding voice. You can read my bio, on the Lore and Stories page, under Chris Rosato, that should explain why I chose that style of talking.

ImDeZ    0

I speak deeper than usual, but currently my character is Russian, so I put in some Russian words and I use a heavy Russian accent :)

baskorthuis    10

I don't think the voice changer will help.

Just try some different things and choose 

what fits the best for your character.

You can also try an accent if that fits your character.

Hagger    117

I am too lazy to try to do any crazy voices. I just use my normal voice.

I briefly tried doing very annoying Joker'ish voice on my old character.

Grimnir    660

I have the basis of my characters voice down but I'm mostly concerned about being reported for "being underage" because of my voice.

Well but that is not that bad, is it? If you really are old enough it shouldn't be your concern, even if you have to show evidence one day. I guess after proving your age one time staff will know how old you are.

Skeetsi    0

I've got a very deep voice since the teen years so I don't have to put much effort into that section. Although when I use eastern European accent I seem to be unable to speak from as low as usually.

Talk about a voice changer? Don't even consider that option. Every single one I've met and heard the encounter has been cringy as fuck. Voice changers create a convincing voice extremely rarely. One tip is to not try too hard to do a deep voice if you simply just can't do it. The results of the attempts may be comical.

Guest Kenji   
Guest Kenji

in my opinion the way your character speaks is more important than how he sounds.

combine that with movements and you can completely change the vibe your character gives off.

for instance

the way you pronounce certain words and the pauses in between sentences.

hey! nice to see you!

or

hey...its nice to see you ...

give two completely different feelings about the possible intent of the character.

combine that with certain moves you make like looking around in that pause can give off a paranoid vibe.

nuance like that make a character more than a voice you put on i think.

GriefSlicer    1

Just don't use a voice changer... Just the other day I ran into a guy using a voice changer so deep it distorted his voice and I couldn't understand him. I then typed "//fix your voice changer no one can here you" and he then replied with "//sorry my mic is bad"

#SuspectedUnderage

Thumper    0

It will happen. Just have the information  to prove your age and you are good to go. If you are 'of age' to play here, its just a minor inconvenience  a will only happen once.

Storm    215

I tend to use anything other than my normal voice, and I like to use a variety of dirrerent accents with different tones of voice.

Try to make it sound like a real character, not someone putting on a stupid voice.

Oliv    1876

I've never really done a different voice exactly, but my current character is essentially my voice with an accent.

The one time I tested out a "different" voice in TS, which was inspired by Jigsaw from Saw, I was told I must bring that voice to game. If Enzo dies, I just might. Try not to throw your panties at your speakers at the sexiness that is my Jigsaw.

Personally, the only time I've ever liked voice changers is when some one has a character who constantly wears a respirator. I knew of some one once who did this and it was fucking immersive as hell.