Sign in to follow this  
Montanez

Russian Space Program - GROUP IDEA [Feedback]

Montanez    25

[mp3]http://puu.sh/ksBZq/d809702196.mp3[/mp3]

Russian Federal Space Agency

381px-Roscosmos_logo_ru.svg.png

Intro

After brainstorming a couple of ideas i came up with this one, i really like it. This might be because i'm extremely into space exploration and aerospace related things. This thread is basically made to get feedback and be roasted if necessary in order to shape a better idea for this group or leave it out completely. 

One of the first things you have to know is that although this group and its members would have some basic knowledge about space and engineering, our goals will not be anything unrealistic like "Building a rocket to escape Earth," or "Attempt to make contacts with Aliens," etc. It's most likely going to be surviving based on the skills our characters have which most likely will include Engineering, military training for the Test Pilots, the ability to fix things, etc. 

A brief description of what the backstory is:

Basically, we were a cell of Engineers, Scientist and Test Pilots from different Agencies including NASA, that are working in the name of the Russian Federal Space Agency in order to create rockets capable of helping with space exploration. We were a small OKB [Russian short term for Experimental Design Bureau] Meaning that we're a rather small group working for a bigger Agency in order to achieve alike goals. 

So, the government founds the agency to build rockets powerful enough to carry a ton of weight, we accomplish this goal. The whole point is that the Russian as well as the American government lied, and the reason of why they were founding us was to create rockets powerful enough to launch nukes in order to prevent the expansion of the infection that we barely knew about. After realizing that the nukes are about to be used extremely close to Russian soil, a cell of the agency hides in a bunker at Chernarous [This could be in the northern military base.] We survive in this bunker with the food and resources we had until we ran out after almost a year. 

We come out, and after realizing that radiation levels are not high enough to be harmful, we decide to explore. At first, we're not going to be as edgy as we think that nothing has happened, but as time and RP situations go by we're going to start to realize what actually occurred... the infection. So over time we try to adapt to the New World using the knowledge we had. 

At first, i plan our RP to be as neutral as possible, we won't be as edgy as we have no idea that the outbreak was actually successful. Over time i will decide if we're going to turn to the dark or bright side, this will depend on the alliances we get at the beginning. Our RP will allow us to fix vehicles, have knowledge on how repair guns, in the future it would be complex base building as well as the ability to operate and fix aircraft; Everyone is obviously capable of doing this, but that's the RP part that i'm trying to bring to the table. 

Feedback

At the end of the day, i want people to understand that we're not going to do anything crazy related to our backstory, the game doesn't allow us to do so. In the future we might become experts in operational aircraft, but that's pretty much it.

Once again, feel free to give your opinions about this, i'm more interested in feedback about what we could do after we realize the infection happened. If i decide to go through with this, the backstory will be a lot more complex, what you read above is as simple as it gets. Feel free to ask any questions. 

I am willing to shape the group idea to make it better or just delete it, so don't hesitate on saying whatever you feel.

Roasting session in three, two, one... Let's fuck! 

Heroz_Nick    21

Very Imaginative and ambitious! I will say, but hey better than generic people fighting over nothing. Good luck !

Randle    928

Your obsession with space montanez...

Bruce    0

So what will make you guys different than normal survivors? Engineers, scientists, pilots, etc aren't exactly different from you and me. So how will you make the RP different from other survivor groups, other than being new to the infection.?

Randle    928

Your obsession with space montanez...

Dom plox

SEBH1bk.png

My idea is fucking sick I don't know what you are on about..

Russia can into space?

I'll have a read through it when I come back from class.

Guest CUDA   
Guest CUDA

u good Montanez. I see you.

Montanez    25

So its basicly is going to be like this?

pig-canon-02.jpg

Rather something like this :troll: 

vmexmmy.jpg

Montanez    25

So what will make you guys different than normal survivors? Engineers, scientists, pilots, etc aren't exactly different from you and me. So how will you make the RP different from other survivor groups, other than being new to the infection.?

My first thought is that we could do something sorta like a business where sell and/or repair V3S for people. I know everybody could do this, but if somebody is willing to RP it out, we could do it. This is just an idea, however.

You didn't really list your weaknesses, just strengths. Maybe have your characters be bad at shooting weapons, hunting, unable to figure out how to start a proper fire, or fish? But I wouldn't really carry this group out in the current patch if I were you since there are no zombies, and if there's no zombies then there's nothing to really be afraid of or to shape your characters.

Bruce    0

My first thought is that we could do something sorta like a business where sell and/or repair V3S for people. I know everybody could do this, but if somebody is willing to RP it out, we could do it. This is just an idea, however.

Alright cool, I like the idea and it could be interesting to see ingame. Good luck with it

Randle    928

You didn't really list your weaknesses, just strengths. Maybe have your characters be bad at shooting weapons, hunting, unable to figure out how to start a proper fire, or fish? But I wouldn't really carry this group out in the current patch if I were you since there are no zombies, and if there's no zombies then there's nothing to really be afraid of or to shape your characters.

There is zombies, Just not that many per server restart

Montanez    25

It's most likely going to be psychological. We're not mentally prepared for what we're about to go through and we're most likely going to be hurt easily if we lose one of our friends, which is most likely going to happen.

Bruce    0

if there's no zombies then there's nothing to really be afraid of or to shape your characters.

To be fair, there are bodies everywhere, people are no where to be seen, blood stains in houses, and robberies and shootings all the time. You don't necessarily need zombies if there are signs of them everywhere.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

stes would have loved to join

rip

Montanez    25

Can stes join?

yea who dis

Russia can into space?

I'll have a read through it when I come back from class.

will wait for that feedback :)

Rolle    2936

Russia can into space?

110B97C881FA488A92F811FE06E6FD3B.jpg

Seriously though, I fail to see how such an idea would fit and work in the current setting, but maybe that's just me.

Montanez    25

soonTm

7c4a9033fe37c0e795d8d5a066fde8b1.jpg

dy00Qek.jpg

Seriously though, I fail to see how such an idea would fit and work in the current setting, but maybe that's just me.

I'd love an elaborate opinion, care to explain?