Server time: 2017-10-19, 21:59
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zimpod

Recording Program

Question

Guest Zimpod   
Guest Zimpod

• So I am in need of a recording program for Dayz, I would like to be able to record when I play DayzRP for evidence in case I  get mixed up in a report, So here are some of the things I need for the program. 
  • User friendly- I'm not very good with computers so you know it need to be easy to set up and use
  • I need to still be able to get a decent FPS in game so nothing to powerful on my system
  • Most importantly I need it to be FREE because basically i'm broke 

Any help is greatly appreciated and have a nice day!

15 answers to this question

AndreyQ    0

I use OBS.And it is one of the best recorders I have ever used.You lose around 3-6 FPS and it is really easy to use.And FREE ofc :)

Flapjack    66

If you have an Nvidia GPU, I suggest using Shadowplay. It will continuously record, with little to no FPS impact.

Then, you can press a bound button and it will save up to the last 20 minutes - Depending on what you set it as.

Guest Zimpod   
Guest Zimpod

I use OBS.And it is one of the best recorders I have ever used.You lose around 3-6 FPS and it is really easy to use.And FREE ofc :)

Thank you I will check it out when I get home.

Rolle    2949

Shadowplay is best if you have Nvidia GPU. You don't have to remember to start recording, it always records the last 20 minutes of your gameplay, so it is best for reports - in case something happens suddenly. It has little to no effect on FPS as it uses onboard GPU hardware x264 encoder to encode the video, not the CPU. It's free and bundled with the Nvidia Experience software.

Guest Zimpod   
Guest Zimpod

Shadowplay is best if you have Nvidia GPU. You don't have to remember to start recording, it always records the last 20 minutes of your gameplay, so it is best for reports - in case something happens suddenly. It has little to no effect on FPS as it uses onboard GPU hardware x264 encoder to encode the video, not the CPU. It's free and bundled with the Nvidia Experience software.

Sounds great I will check it out for sure, thanks for helping.

I don't use nvidia shadowplay myself (amd nub)

However that sounds like the best bet for your needs. OBS would be my recommendation if you intend to record lots of footage as the file size is relatively small and does not impact performance.

Another option is to stream - even if nobody watches you will have a VOD of your playtime which you can then highlight when required and even download using nightdev or similar if required. This will use NO hd space of course.

For video editing i use Dxtory as it enables you to split the audio tracks up. This makes editing out TS or home noises possible. However DXtory impacts performance significantly and makes for HUGE files.

Skeetsi    0

Long time Shadowplay user and the only thing that bothers me with it are the insanely large file sizes. They will eat up your hard drive quickly if you don't regularly erase what you record and that'll tax your hard drive a lot.

Otherwise it's a great recording software especially with the 20 min Shadow function.

Thumper    0

Another plus to streaming with OBS. You can use Twitch's bandwith to upload to youtube and not your own.

Slash    87

I myself use OBS as I think it's the best program for recording your gameplay for free!

Do you think your question is answered?

Oliv    1882

Long time Shadowplay user and the only thing that bothers me with it are the insanely large file sizes. They will eat up your hard drive quickly if you don't regularly erase what you record and that'll tax your hard drive a lot.

Otherwise it's a great recording software especially with the 20 min Shadow function.

Although this is generally correct, shadow play does give you the option of dropping your quality to make your files a smaller size. Lots of functionality in it.

I personally use shadow play for the shadow function, but the streaming option is great as well as both will give you the ability to have footage recorded prior to you hitting the pesky "record button"

DerrickStorm    34

With my medieval PC, OBS was the best choice. I can record whole gameplays (few hours) with a decent enough quality (quality can be very good, depends on your PC) to post on my channel/post in case of a report.

Skeetsi    0

Although this is generally correct, shadow play does give you the option of dropping your quality to make your files a smaller size. Lots of functionality in it.

I personally use shadow play for the shadow function, but the streaming option is great as well as both will give you the ability to have footage recorded prior to you hitting the pesky "record button"

Now why on earth would you be willing to lower the quality? Quality is the most importante, ese ;)

Oliv    1882

Now why on earth would you be willing to lower the quality? Quality is the most importante, ese ;)

Cause, I like my files the same as I like like my sexual encounters: numerous and split into 4GB segments.

Grihm    16

OBS all day long. I wanted to love Shadowplay, but too much hassle. OBS is solid and fps friendly.

Slash    87

As stated above OBS or Shadowplay are the best choices, find out for yourself which one you like best!

I'm calling this /solved if you have any other questions feel free to PM me or any other staff member!