Server time: 2017-08-20, 19:21

Sign in to follow this  
ButcherHook16

A Little Music

*Kasey rummages through a drawer and pulls out some somewhat old computer speakers with a headphone shaped plugin, as he goes to chuck them away he pauses for a moment then grabs his mp3 player grinning at it then the speakers. As he sets up the speakers with the mp3 player he grabs his radio wrapping a rubber band around the talk button placing it beside the speakers...*

[mp3]http://puu.sh/ksgVQ/237f70af24.mp3[/mp3]

Storm    203

*Matisse turns the radio up a little bit louder, as he sits against a tree. He enjoys the music for a few moments, as he clutches onto the Bandana he took from Django after the execution.*

"I'm sure Django would have loved this, thanks for the music bruddah."

*He smiles faintly, as he stares into the sky*

Combat Logo    79

*Logan fiddles with his hand-held radio as him and Max leave the NW Airfield, twisting the nobs until he starts to hear the song play as if from a distance. Max looks at him and signals Logan to shut it off, but Logan just waves him off. Logan presses his thumb down on talk button.*

"It's been a while since I've heard that song, and... for what we went through, it almost sums up how I feel at the moment. Hey,... if your ever taking requests, I would like to hear a few songs. I'm MP3 player doesn't work as good as it used to... Just keep on jamming out there, and keep people's spirits alive."

*Logan lets go of the button and lets out a sigh that had been building up for a while now. Max puts his binoculars down and looks at him.*

"We should get moving."

"Yeah,... Lets get going."

*Logan puts the little radio back in his jacket pocket and starts walking. Only hoping that they find what their looking for.*

*takes the rubber band off the radio and responds*

"uh y-yea sure I mean I don't have much to work with, but if I find anything new I'll uhh... see what I can do I guess... hell i-if there's a song you like j-just let me know... I may, or may not have it..."

*packs away the speakers into his backpack along with his radio and carries along the shoreline*

*Kasey walks into a house exhausted, puts his bag beside a bed and slides under the bed with the blanket that was on top wrapped around him. He looks at his bag and shrugs*

"why not?"

*He unzips the bag and pulls out the speakers plugging them into his mp3 player then places the radio next to the speakers with the rubber band around the button*

[mp3]http://puu.sh/kwVH7/e90e703e4e.mp3[/mp3]

Levy    22

"Just a small town girl livin' in a lonely world..."

Zhoe's eyes fluttered as the riff tickled her ears from across the room. A slow content smile spread across her face and she stretched lazily, her eyes flying open when she noticed the weight on her chest. She gazed down at the sleeping Fox for a long time, drinking in the girl's features.

"Strangers waiting, up and down the boulevard..."

The song's pace picked up and Zhoe brushed her thumb across Fox's cheek lightly before slowly easing herself out from under the sleeping figure in an effort not to wake her.

"Hidin' somewhere in the night..."

Pulling herself to her feet she began to sway, her smile growing ever wider as the music's mounted crescendo echoed around the room. 

"Don't stop."

The song finished and bird song fluttered in through the window once more.

Zhoe glanced down at Fox as she began to stir.

"Wakey, wakey."

CODEHX    1

*Mccoy listens as music starts to play through his walkie. "There must be someway outta here!" The static giving him flashbacks of the radio him and his family use to listen to while always riding in his jeep. He then is reminded of Jack, is he even alive? Where could he be? Flashbacks of him and Jack training out at sea shooting their 5.56's. The music stops*

"To whom ever this may be, Thank you so much. People like you keep reminding the good ones why we need to keep fighting. To bring back what the world use to be like. What it needs to be."

Combat Logo    79

*Logan pulls out his radio after the song ends and presses down the talk button.*

"Kasey, my friend, once again you have played a song that lifts the spirits of everyone. You know, I haven't listened to the music on my old iPod touch in a long time... but hearing the music over the radio is something I'm starting to cherish."

*Logan pauses for a moment, think about what he is going to ask Kasey next. When he thinks of it, he continues talking.*

"Kasey, if I may ask, could you check your mp3 player if you have any other classic rock songs on there? You know, like Carry on My Wayward Son by Kansas, Sweet Child of My by Guns and Roses, Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen, or maybe Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin. I don't know, I just always liked listening to classic rock songs when I'm on the road. It kind of gives me a almost up beat feeling. Just stay safe out there man, and I hope we meet up again sometime."

*With that, Logan lets go of the talk button an sits back in his chair and starts t talk to himself.*

"If only I could find a set of headphones and a way to charge up this old iPod, oh well."

Tewudin    44

*Malcolm was resting in one of the abandoned houses in some small village when he turned on his radio to check if he'll hear any broadcast on any of the frequencies. Surprisingly to him, he managed to find frequency with some music. He started to listen it until the music went silent. He pushed the button to answer.*

Friend, I don't know if anyone said that already... or even if you'll hear this... but thanks for that. It's been a while since I heard real music on the radio. I kind of miss the old days when I could just listen to radio while driving a truck. Thanks for that again.

TheTrueHawk    28

*Hawk stares into a field, relaxes to the music and ponders about his life. He begins to hold down the transmission, you hear a man with a scratchy, deep voice speak in a slow rhythm*

"This is truly a gift, thank you. It's been such a long time since I heard any kind of music, you got any orchestral music on that? I used to play piano."

*Hawk, scoffs and turns off his radio.* 

*Kasey walks under a tree, looks up at its branches and places his jerry can next to the roots and begins to climb up. Once he reaches a point where he has a nice view, not too high up and on a stable branch he gets out his radio and wraps the rubber band around it to speak while he looks for his speakers*

Hey uh thanks everyone it... means a lot, I'll try and do th-this regularly, heh doesn't need to be charged it ha takes regular batteries instead so yea.

Umm to that guy wanting the orchestra music, I'm sorry but I don't have any o-of that but I'll uh keep an eye out... I- I rummage through houses here and there and if I'm lucky I'll find CD's or old cassettes along with a stereo or laptop with charge still in it, I just then need to find something to power up the stereo so... yea...

A-and Logan ha you're in luck I found Stairway To Heaven and another song which I'm gonna play, but I couldn't find the rest sorry b-but same deal I'll keep an eye out for CD's and all so... ha enjoy e-everyone...

*places the radio on his lap with the speakers and mp3 connected*

[mp3]http://puu.sh/kAgJS/09d4fbd5ce.mp3[/mp3]

Combat Logo    79

*Logan sits in a chair, singing along to the song he must of listened to hundred times before this all happened, tapping his foot on the ground to the beat. When the song ends, he reaches over and picks his radio off the table and presses down on the talk button.*

"Kasey, once again you have played a song that lifts the spirits of everyone who tunes in. It's like we have two different sources of constant entertainment: we got the Radio Nomad, have almost a radio talk show, telling us what's on the air waves and then playing some random song that I usually don't stay tuned in for; then we have you Kasey, playing your music when you have a free chance, and giving us some traveling music to listen to. Oh yeah, Kasey, about the requests..."

*You can hear Logan chuckle for a moment before continuing.*

"The fact that you even had any of the song, let alone two of them, is nothing to apologize for. I know its hard to find the songs in the first place, so worry yourself too much about it. Stay safe out there man."

*Logan sits there for a moment, trying to push away a recent event out of his mind.*

"Just try to stay safe..."

*Logan lets go of the talk button and sets the radio down on the table, then sets his head in his hands as a wave of emotion washes over him.*

Franko    31

*Daniel presses the transmit button but immediately releases. He sits back, listens and smiles.*

*Chet hears familiar music coming from his radio he left on*

"No way, thats my jam! Keep it going!"

*Chet releases the button and relaxes as the fire continues burning*

*Kasey sprints through a door way and into a house to shelter from the rain. After shaking himself off and picking the door locks to lock them he looks around and finds a laptop laying on the floor still with half a charge in it. Kasey connects his mp3 player to the laptop and grabs all the music he can off it and starts to set up his speakers*

S-so uh Piano Man... I'll just call you that f-for now I uh h-hope you dont mind ha, umm I found some orchestra music... at least I think it is uh ha hope you like it aha um since everyone seems to uh prefer the other stuff I'll uh play yours first and then uh play the original stuff afterward so heh uh yea...

[mp3]http://puu.sh/kCgfc/103265170f.mp3[/mp3]

[mp3]http://puu.sh/kCfTB/836def90f1.mp3[/mp3]

Combat Logo    79

*Logan sits in one of the houses in Dolina and listens to the song as it plays. He leans against the wall and thinks about what has happened in the last week and a half. When it ends, Logan picks up the radio and presses down on the talk button.*

"Haha, you know, before all this happened; I would have changed to something else when that song came on before, but I kind of enjoyed hearing it this time. Kasey, I... I know you've heard what happened to Max on the other frequency, But don't worry, I'll make it... But on a happier subject, I know you've been looking for new music for your mp3 to play over the airwaves and I just got my old iPod charged enough to function properly, so if you want to meet up and want me to somehow transfer what music I do have to you, or what music you want; just give me a location and a general time and I'll try my best to be there. Stay safe out there man."

*And with that, Logan lets go of the talk button and tries to get some very needed sleep.*

*Kasey sits in the corner of a room eating his peaches and examining his old worn out half damaged knife listening to Logan speak*

Hey Logan its good to hear you're ok I uh... got a little worried for a bit... a lot going on the radio lately and well... s-some of it seems a little threatening is all...

*grabs another peach and eats it*

So... *swallows the peach* good to hear you got that iPod charged I cant imagine that it would be easy these days huh? heh uh basically I've gotten used to the area now I can read the map better and all right now I am around uh... V-Vy-Vybor? I think that's how you pronounce it...

*thinks for a moment and facepalms*

Fuck that wasn't a good idea... uhm I should get a move on now so yea I'll be available whenever really so if you feel like it just gimme a shout on the radio I'm usually just exploring and looking for things and all so... Yea... Stay safe Logan things seem a little more... uh odd and all...

*drinks the peach syrup and throws the can under a table while getting his stuff to move*

Combat Logo    79

*Logan pulls out his radio and presses down on the talk button.*

"Yeah, Kasey, I'm ready to meet you any time, just give me a point to meet you at and I'll be there. Just a location that isn't were you are, but were you can get to so there's time to make sure it clear of anything hostile. I'll be wondering around so just say whenever your ready."

*Logan lets go of the talk button and puts the radio back in his pocket and heads out to leave Stary Sobor.*

CODEHX    1

*Alexander runs into a shed and begins making a fire to warm up from running in the rain. He grabs his radio from his backpack and turns it on still on the same frequency. He listens to the song and sings some of the parts out loud to himself and after the song is finished he clicks the PTT on his radio*

"Not sure if I really wanna define this as real life or even a fantasy as those are suppose to be good, right? Thanks for keeping the tunes going when you can Kasey. I was actually kind of singing along with this but I am also trying to keep my voice down, I don't want anyone hearing me now do I? Is it because it could endanger me? Or is my singing horrible? *chuckles* I try to stay on this frequency as much as possible as I am a lone wolf and don't try to put my nose into other comms. Thanks again man"

Combat Logo    79

*After everything Logan has went through in the past few days, some Queen was just what he needed. Logan sings along as he dabs the burns on his left arm with a cold, wet rag. He knew it wasn't necessarily the best thing to do, but he's not taking anymore pain killers, even if the pain is unbearable at times. When the song ends, he takes the radio and presses down on the talk button with his thumb.*

"Hey Kasey, again, another great song choice. I've been needing something to sing along to today. I was actually getting worried about you there, having not heard from you in a couple of days. You've been doing okay out there man? I hope you have been doing better than I have. It's that, well... I won't say it to you over the radio, but it's one Hell of a story. *weakly chuckles* It wasn't a fun experience... But it I can see that people can find it interesting to hear. Well, I'll talk to you soon Kasey. Safe travels and God's speed."

*Logan takes his thumb off the button and puts the radio back on the table. He goes back to dabbing the burns with the rag, flinching from the pain.*

*Kasey sits against a tree loading and unloading his new SKS trying to get the feel of it and hears Logan speaking*

Oh hey Logan uh yea sorry I've just been... busy I guess, trying to look for food and other things...

If the story is enough for you to not say over the radio I guess I better hear it, things got quiet over the radio for a bit so... its kinda concerning...

*Kasey tilts his head back and thinks for a moment looking at his map*

If you're still wanting to and you're able did you wanna meet up? saaaay in about... uh... 38 or so hours? about where we first met?

If you don't quite remember just lemme know, just making sure no one creeps up on us or anything.

*puts his radio on his lap and watches a small herd of cows in the field bellow him*

Slash    84

*Mason hears the music, and decides to respond*

"It's nice to hear that there are still people out there that have a good taste for music. Thank you for this nice music. Stay safe out there"

*Ends*

Combat Logo    79

*Logan lets out a sigh of relief when he hears Kasey's voice over the radio. He picks up the radio and presses down on the talk button.*

"Yeah, I can meet you there, just give me a call when your getting close. I'll either be close enough to beat you there or be a few minutes later. See you soon."

*He takes his thumb off the button and sets the radio down on the table.*