Server time: 2017-10-19, 09:21
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Mutant

Whitelist character limit

Question

Mutant    0

Sorry if this is just me being ignorant, but I am writing my Character Background description for the whitelist application however it doesn't fit in the box available capping at 2000. I would simply like to know if there is any way around this issue or any alternatives to putting through my character description as I ideally would like to keep the majority of the description to present my character concept and knowledge of the lore to an acceptable extent.

My apologies if this is an inconvenient place to ask as I can ask on teamspeak tomorrow however I am eager to submit is as soon as possible and get involved in the server.

Kind regards,

-Mutant

5 answers to this question

Pussy    378

I believe there is still an "additional information"  box that you can use to continue your backstory. Towards the end of the backstory in that section, I'd add something along the lines of (Cont'd in Additional Information) and then go from there. However, there will be a character limit there as well. I suggest tailoring your backstory to fit in the confines that are given, because the limit can not be adjusted.

Mutant    0

The rapid response and advice is much appreciated however I am unfortunately unable to locate said box hence I shall attempt the latter. Thank you very much and I hope to put it through soon.

Bruce    0

You could always make the backstory on the app an abridged version. Then make a "Lore and Stories" thread about your character.

I believe I have even heard of people putting links to a google doc, but I don't know if that's still a thing.

Mutant    0

Thank you, In that case if it means not having to cut too much I shall attempt your recommendation of referencing it from elsewhere and hopefully it should be acceptable on the terms of those reviewing it (however I am not sure how that would effect the 'required wordcount' on the whitelist application).

Pussy    378

There should be one there. Typically it is right under the "About me" section for the written portion of your whitelist. 

As for a Google doc., we don't accept those either due to the fact that we need someone to permanently stay in our database as your whitelist. If you were to delete the document, then your link to the google doc would no longer lead anywhere, giving us no information into your backstory any longer. 

Best thing to do, as TheSkyRider mentioned, is to create a "Lore and Stories" thread after you have submitted your condensed version into your backstory. The nice thing about creating a thread there, is that you can update your character background with more information as you see fit. It's a great place for people to get the opportunity to really dive deep into the motivations and character traits of your character.

EDIT: Since I noticed your Lore and Stories thread, and that you seem satisfied with the responses given, I'll be marking this as /solved now.