Server time: 2017-08-18, 23:55

Sign in to follow this  
Terra

Interview with SommerTheViking

Terra    1367

2d3f3cf4df.png

The idea of interview a community member is to take yet another step forward towards bringing the community together. The idea is to create a thread where we will interview a random community member. During this interview we will ask the community member some questions regarding the community and how his DayZRP experience is.

This week we interviewed:

SommerTheViking

Thank you so much for participating!

~Tell us something unique about yourself!~

- I belive in the nordic mythology, i dont think many do around here so i think that is pretty unique, i can also read and write with runes and i will spread the religion out to the world, even when people say i am weird !

~How has your DayZRP experience been?~

It has been lovely, i have met both friendly and hostile military groups, crazy people, cannibals, normal nice people ect. DayZRP have it all and it is amazing to see how everything grow with patches and development of the game and see how it affect the roleplayers.

~Have you made any friends during your time in this community?~

I have made alot of friends that i am very happy to have now, some more than others though, but happy for them all.

~Is there something that you would like to see added to our community?~

I would actually like to see some of the military groups haveing more ''military stuff'' to do, like make official camps and fight their rivals and mabye make some sort of war rule, because you can initiate on people and then they can take revenge within 2 hours, but a war is not fought in 2 hours, so mabye some sort of war rule could be nice, but all this depends on the players ofc.

~What are some of your most memorable DayZRP experiences?~

One thing that i will always remember is ''the maker'' and the family, the way they spread their name across the land was not seen the same way before (as far as i know)

And ofc there is the smaller things like people you met randomly on the road that simply gave great rp, that is what i think of when i log in, i think of how many good roleplayers there actually is.

~Is there anything in particular that you're looking forward to with DayZSA?~

I look forward to that point where everything is well balanced, where people will be stopped from loot cycleing and abuse game mechanics and such, when all of that is out of the way, then i really look forward to the advanced basebuilding, that could do so much for RP.

~What do you feel is the best thing about DayZRP and our community?~

The best thing about DayZRP is that you can play the game another way that is much more enjoyable for my taste, i hate the shoot on sight logic there is going on in public servers, so i really enjoy to be able to make a role for myself and then meet other people who have done the same and roleplay with them !

About the community, many people are very helpfull and dont take things out of the game, this is not everyone though, there is some rotten apples around, but there always are some of those everywhere...

~Do you have any tips or hints for newcomers?~

When i make a character i write down, what is his name ? age ? personality ? where is he from ? why is he here ? ect. the more questions you make and answer the more detail is there about the character, ofc there might come some additions or something you dont want anyway when you try it out in the game, but i personally think thats a good way to start.

Also, choose the gear after what fits your char, dont think about what is best or what clothes can hold most, think about, ''if this was real life, would i then have an M65 jacket with TTSKO pants and this and that as a shopkeeper?'' or something along those lines.

~Is there anything you would like to see more of within the community?~

I dont really know what i want to see more of, but i know i want to see less of people being too busy to RP and less people who breaks a conversation because they see a smoking helicopter and things like that.

Other than that i dont really know.

This interview was done by

Community Helper

Wendsill

Thank you.

Interested in doing our interview?

Well you could be the potential next one!

We randomly pick people.

Keep a close eye on that PM box!

Thank you for your time SommerTheViking!

Terra    1367

You can write with runes? Wow, can you write my name? I would love to know how it looks like or maybe you can even tell me if it has a meaning!

Tewudin    44

Another interesting interview. I like those. :) Nice reading again. Of course, thanks SommerTheViking that you had a time to take part in it. I wonder who will be interview next.

Franklin    8

For some time, I somewhat believed in Nordic mythology but then drifted away from it. But it's awesome that you believe in it and can write in runes.

Other than that, great interview! :D

Honestly i didnt think i was known or interesting enough to get interiviewed, a little surprise to me, but i am happy to do it :D

Crazy Dan is interviewed :D

Nice interview but nothing about the Dan games?

Btw thats a negatory...

So you believe in nordic mythology then? Seems you're pretty fucked regardless in that case.

You can write with runes? Wow, can you write my name? I would love to know how it looks like or maybe you can even tell me if it has a meaning!

For what i know the name 'Terra' doesnt mean anything and is not a olnorse name, the closest would be 'Tora' but that is a male name, comming from the name 'Thor' which is the god of the nature power and justice along with physical strength. 

IsIkEGi.jpg

Terra    1367

For what i know the name 'Terra' doesnt mean anything and is not a olnorse name, the closest would be 'Tora' but that is a male name, comming from the name 'Thor' which is the god of the nature power and justice along with physical strength. 

IsIkEGi.jpg

But my name is Frauke :(

Plz my name is Frauke

Terra    1367

-snip-

Write my name with runes! DO IT! My name is Frauke!

Okay then, now when i know your true identity i can do some rune magic with you.....

2cSFsAH.jpg

Does it mean something?

Write my name with runes! DO IT! My name is Frauke!

Okay then, now when i know your true identity i can do some rune magic with you.....

2cSFsAH.jpg

Does it mean something?

''Frau'' means madam/Lady and ''ke'' comes from the german word 'klein'' which makes your name meaning '' Little Madam '' or '' Little Lady ''

- I hope you are not disapointed :P

Vandy    34

''Frau'' means madam/Lady and ''ke'' comes from the german word 'klein'' which makes your name meaning '' Little Madam '' or '' Little Lady ''

- I hope you are not disapointed :P

Knew this as well.

My youngest daughter has the same name :D

Good read once more! Keep them comming!

Terra    1367

Damnit dan, you made me google all about the nordc culture im eager to know more...

Yeah right? It´s really interesting!

Samaritan    251

Nice interview!

-snip-

does Nora mean anything? Like it starts with Nor so maybe something NORdic, I don't know...

Nora is not a scandinavian name for what i know, so if it has a meaning or not to it, then i dont know :P

dat Nordic abilities tho, tell me tho, my girlfriend is Scandinavian, does the name Elvira mean anything in runes? it'll be a little fun surprise for her :3

mudd    0

I think the war rule is a really good idea. not that i'm in a group of people or anything so i'd probably never be in a war but fuck it'd make awesome RP.

like you can declare war against another group if the other group agrees AND has actually done something to instigate a war.

that would be fantastic

Storm    203

I agree with this war rule in a way, but it would have to be done in a way which protects those that are not involved from being killed by accident. Things like this should be done on the event server, where everyone is taking part, and no reports will pop up.

dat Nordic abilities tho, tell me tho, my girlfriend is Scandinavian, does the name Elvira mean anything in runes? it'll be a little fun surprise for her :3

The name does exist in the old nordic culture, i think it is italian or spanish... No runic meaning, sorry :P

the war rule will need some work on it, but if it gets the right amount of attention and some will, i think it could lead to more interesting ways, it doesn mean you have to KOS people, war can be fought in many ways :P

Damnit dan, you made me google all about the nordc culture im eager to know more...

Yeah right? It´s really interesting!

Hehe, the culture spreads ! >:D