Server time: 2019-02-20, 10:36 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Michael Peterson

Version problem

Guest Obiwillykenobi

see I have the disks version of Arma X so all of my dayz stuff was put under the arma 2 folder idk if this makes a difference but yeah.. even after downloading the patch when i try to go to the servers it just doesn't seems like i applied the patch.

Guest BallisticFungus

Use the .exe file : Arma2 OA Patch Beta : It will be in your system files somewhere.. this worked for me. Just launch the game using that shortcut.

Guest Obiwillykenobi

ohh okay ill try that

thank you ballisticfungus it finally worked. I can now play on the servers

Guest BallisticFungus

ohh okay ill try that

thank you ballisticfungus it finally worked. I can now play on the servers

You're Welcome Buddy :)

I believe that one of the main issues here is that the instructions on how to get the game working VIA Steam are VERY different to getting the game working via a none steam platform. Those of us who have either bought direct (due to it being cheaper :P) or via a disc will know that the initial updates and mods without something like 'Playwith6' or 'DayZCommander' can be a royal pain in the ass, as well as a baptism by fire just to get your game to play on ANY multi player server. So as far as I am aware any 'none Steam' version of the game requires a slightly different approach. First thing is first.. Install the mod in the correct folder (this folder will NOT be in your documents with the likes of @ACRE or any normal Arma2 mods) It will be in your program files.

Program files > Bohemian Interactive > Arma2.

After doing this you will need to launch the game using the specific shortcut named : Launch Arma2 OA Patch :

If you do not use this shortcut your game will try to use the none beta shortcut to enter the game (and result in an incorrect version error)

As far as I am aware, and after around 2 hours figuring this out, This should get a none steam version working. If I am wrong (and it's very possible) Then please correct me.

Regardless of this.. I hope that it helps you guys get onto the servers quicker and helps alleviate frustrations :P

BallisticFungus.

The steps I offered should still work. You just have to replace the Steam folder with whatever DayZ folder you're using - ie: Bohemia Interactive > ArmA 2 OA > DayZ, etc.

Good job, Fungus.