Server time: 2017-08-23, 17:40

Sign in to follow this  
Xanderus

What's your preferred gear in dayz standalone?

Xanderus    0

Hey fellows.

I have been playing dayz standalone for quite awhile, but never really had any success choosing the appropriate gear. Sometimes i find cool stuff i wanna bring with me, but unfortunately can't because of missing inventory space. It frustrates me in a high degree, mostly because of the importance of the gear later on... You guys have any guidelines for necessary gear in dayz standalone?

RedSky    123

Mmmm, I know this will sound a bit cheesy but RP > gear.

For a very long time all I ran with was clothes and a vest sometimes not even a vest. backpack wasnt needed either.

You dont need all that gear, craft a ghillie learn how to survive with that iventory space and than drop the ghillie best learning school. :)

Xanderus    0

For a very long time all I ran with was clothes and a vest sometimes not even a vest. backpack wasnt needed either.

You dont need all that gear, craft a ghillie learn how to survive with that iventory space and than drop the ghillie best learning school. :)

Ahhh, that sounds reasonable. I guess it's good practice to Learn how to prioritize what gear is important, and what's not. Thanks for the advice :)

Storm    203

I go for the basic gear with an AK, so I can RP with no fear of losing anything important, and still kill people if needed.

Guest Max   
Guest Max

Whatever I can find, I'm not picky. :D

Zilly    54

That was so cheesy that the makers of Cheeze-Its were impressed.

As for the gear i like to carry...typically civilian stuff. I feel that military supplies make me a bigger target for being robbed.

But i dont know anyone who will rob a person for a Repeater! Haha!

LoneStarrr    84

That was so cheesy that the makers of Cheeze-Its were impressed.

As for the gear i like to carry...typically civilian stuff. I feel that military supplies make me a bigger target for being robbed.

But i dont know anyone who will rob a person for a Repeater! Haha!

My exact mindset. I also like it because its much easier to find civilian stuff. Plus, as long as you're accurate, you can use something like the Blaze or the Mosin and get along just fine.

spec ops agent of the secret service of China.

71483feb3ce0567aa7dd79972eea520b.jpg

not even kidding, I use wear a black m65 jacket, black jeans, skull mask, black Boonie and my main weapon is a 1911

Xanderus    0

spec ops agent of the secret service of China.

71483feb3ce0567aa7dd79972eea520b.jpg

not even kidding, I use wear a black m65 jacket, black jeans, skull mask, black Boonie and my main weapon is a 1911

Hahaha. travelling light is always something :)

I go for the basic gear with an AK, so I can RP with no fear of losing anything important, and still kill people if needed.

One of the things i fear most in dayz is losing all my hard earned gear, that i sometimes use hours finding. When i find myself in a stressed situation where there is a risk of dying, i tend to panic which often results in death. 

I understand your point, and will definitely remember your example :)

TheLastPaco    1

I usually go with jeans and some sort of jacket, like a hunting jacket, bomber or sweatshirt. I never use a vest except a chest holster. As for a backpack either the leather sack one (not the improvised one with sticks but the other one) or a taloon backpack. I always wear a baseball hat and no gloves (because running around with work gloves would be so annoying). I usually keep a pistol and a bolt action rifle or break action gun (blaze or double barrel). In my gear I usually keep all the survival supplies, so hunting knife, field shovel, hatchet, matches, full map, cooking pot, frying pan, ice pick, propane lantern, propane cook stove, sewing kit, binocs, range finder, radio, canteen, and then one spare clip for my pistol and one stack of ammo for my primary (so right now 15 buckshot shells), and some rags for medical stuff. I try too keep everything I need so that I can survive for as long as I need off of just what I have. I also don't carry an axe on my back because running with that would be very annoying. I also keep my gun in my hand for the same reason (running with shit on your back sucks). I also try and wear a medical mask, because without any sort of regular medicine getting just a simple flu would be a death sentence, plus they aren't to bad to breath through, unlike gas masks.

Ellie    335

I like my vests and my tortilla or hunting backpack. With those in usually good with inventory space.

Also maybe consider having a barrel or 2? That way you can drop off some extra things you might not need at that moment. That way you build your own little stash you can come back to whenever you need something specific.

Xanderus    0

I like my vests and my tortilla or hunting backpack. With those in usually good with inventory space.

Also maybe consider having a barrel or 2? That way you can drop off some extra things you might not need at that moment. That way you build your own little stash you can come back to whenever you need something specific.

I've never really thought of having a "stash" in dayz standalone, but know that you mention it, it does sound like a pretty decent idea. But can you move the barrels to your own chosen position so it's not located in, for instance: Elektro??

Ellie    335

I've never really thought of having a "stash" in dayz standalone, but know that you mention it, it does sound like a pretty decent idea. But can you move the barrels to your own chosen position so it's not located in, for instance: Elektro??

Yup you can. Just make sure to not have anything in it. You won't be able to pick it up and move it if you do :)

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa   
Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

z5CYCACe6snuw.gif

Igor like big gun.

Da.

Destroy all capitalists pigs

Xanderus    0

Yup you can. Just make sure to not have anything in it. You won't be able to pick it up and move it if you do :)

Wauw that's very useful. Appreciate all the help :)

Ellie    335

Wauw that's very useful. Appreciate all the help :)

No problem, if you need anything you can pm me.

z5CYCACe6snuw.gif

Igor like big gun.

Da.

Destroy all capitalists pigs

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT

That my good man is an anti tank rifle from world war 2.

RedSky    123

z5CYCACe6snuw.gif

-snip-

-snip

-snip-

Honestly that it is still called a goddamn rifle suprises me, I would just call that thing a portable tank barrel that shoots.

Chow    45

this...

FwyqQdD.jpg

cakey    15

ah i like to look the part im playing.. so i have an improvised back pack.. hunting clothing and a crossbow, and a chest holster :D

ImDeZ    0

I prefer just a flannel shirt, jeans and an assault vest, and the farmer hat I have in my picture, and that's about it.

Hagger    117

As light as possible.

If I have my knife, I can do pretty much everything I need: Chop wood, dig worms, peel bark and make rope.

Any gear that's been taken off of unsuspecting individuals who drop their guard when you say you have no foul intentions. That'll show them..

:troll:

I really love rocking the casual civilian look accompanied by some sort of rifle.

-Red Hoodie

-Baseball Cap

-Black High Cap Vest

-Blue Jeans

-Leather Sack or Tortilla Backpack

-AKM