Server time: 2017-10-19, 03:42
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Defiance

Reiner [Open Frequencies]

Defiance    96

Rain plopped loudly against the tin roof of the shed. The glow-stick that Seymour cracked open six hours ago was beginning to fade, but he could still use it to read. He set aside the book he was reading, and rummaged through his vest pockets until he found two crumpled up letters. Empty bottles are discarded around the interior of the shed. They'd been there long enough to where Seymour knew exactly how to avoid them while walking through the dimly lit room.

He went over the contents of the letters. As he read, his mind filtered the words through Reiner's voice. He remembered how the boy had looked at his son, Carter. He'd heard they weren't getting along. He'd heard they weren't getting along because Reiner had made sexual advances towards his son. These letters were, at the least, irritating. The question," How are you?" was Seymour's least favorite question of any question that existed.

He dialed into an open frequency, and began to transmit:

" Reiner, I'm sure that you are listening..." he started, speaking slowly and with sober deliberation. "These letters you've been sending..." he shuffled through them again so as to allow their crumpling to be picked up over the frequency. "...have been feeling uneasy. I've seen the way your eyes work, boy. I've got those same eyes..." he trailed off for a moment.

His voice picked up, trailing now with rage. " Ain't no fuckin' use in you endangering that poor gal's life again! Poor little Wally, riskin' her neck all because you're too afraid to come say hello yourself..."

He shifted his weight around, tucking his leg beneath his rump to allow him to sit a bit higher. As he spoke, he searched around for a cigar. First, he checked his vest, then be began rummaging through his backpack. There were no cigars, but he kept looking anyway.

"You might think..." he started, still rummaging, "...That I'm some sort of fuckin' princess, and I got all this time to write you, but I don't!" 

His fingers hit a small vial in the bottom of his bag. He plucked it out, delighted to find it to be full of a white powder. The sound of Seymour staunchly inhaling something can be heard, and then he finishes by saying, "If you want to talk, then come fucking see me...You know where I am, little Reiner..."

Volke    131

*Reiner hearing the broacast, responds accordingly*

They are just letters Harry, they are a cheaper an easier form of information sending that doesn't involve wasting power, or the fact that information may get released. My point still stands: I've been waiting for you and your brothers to come to Dolina...you've been invited on multiple ocassions, but I haven't seen you in a few weeks, so I figured a letter was in order.

Also the girl doesn't deliver letters for the sake of it - she is paid accordingly. It's not a matter of being too afraid to come up to say hello - I am a rather busy man and I prefer to send a letter that I know Wally will successfully deliver rather then waste the resource of electricity and th ability of someone listening on the frequency to obtain my information. Perhaps information isn't important to you , but it is for me Harr.

You must forgive me on our relations as one of your men took a bottle of wine and whipped their dick on the radio frequency. A princess , no you are far from it. Please don't make assumptions. If I come in the neighborhood, I will gladly visit. Do you blame me as the last time I was there, your boys offered to teach me a listen? Can't you see why I would be ever so hesitant? Do not mistake my hesitance for fear, I don't fear you or your Brothers , Harry. I am a busy man, and I rarely have the time for personal time at Alcyone and my archives. Regardless - I apologize if you were offended by my letters. Should you wish not to receive anymore, just say the word. For merely asking about how your family is doing - I didn't know was such an annoyance. Take care - Harry.

*Static Ends*

Defiance    96

*Reiner hearing the broacast, responds accordingly*

They are just letters Harry, they are a cheaper an easier form of information sending that doesn't involve wasting power, or the fact that information may get released.  My point still stands: I've been waiting for you and your brothers to come to Dolina...you've been invited on multiple ocassions, but I haven't seen you in a few weeks, so I figured a letter was in order.  

Also the girl doesn't deliver letters for the sake of it - she is paid accordingly.  It's not a matter of being too afraid to come up to say hello - I am a rather busy man and I prefer to send a letter that I know Wally will successfully deliver rather then waste the resource of electricity and th ability of someone listening on the frequency to obtain my information.  Perhaps information isn't important to you , but it is for me Harr.

You must forgive me on our relations as one of your men took a bottle of wine and whipped their dick on the radio frequency.  A princess , no you are far from it.  Please don't make assumptions.  If I come in the neighborhood, I will gladly visit. Do you blame me as the last time I was there, your boys offered to teach me a listen? Can't you see why I would be ever so hesitant? Do not mistake my hesitance for fear, I don't fear you or your Brothers , Harry. I am a busy man, and I rarely have the time for personal time at Alcyone and my archives.  Regardless - I apologize if you were offended by my letters. Should you wish not to receive anymore, just say the word. For merely asking about how your family is doing - I didn't know was such an annoyance. Take care - Harry.

*Static Ends*

The vial lay empty on the ground. The drugs were beginning to take hold.

With Seymour, there was always a sort of mania that took hold when he was alone -- Those social barriers that kept him being self-conscious seemed to slip away if he'd ingested enough of a particular substance. That being said, he was now standing, facing the wall of the shed. His hands were trembling slightly as he began drawing on the walls in pen. The ink wouldn't transfer onto the wall, but Seymour kept trying anyway.

As he drew, he listened to Reiner's reply. It took a while. The courteousness of the boy was off-putting, and Seymour suddenly felt uneasy. Regardless, he felt a response was in order. He clicked the pen closed, and picked his radio back up.

"What's the girl paid with? Huh!? She was the dirtiest bitch I've seen in months! Not to mention the two gentlemen who were following her around..."

He hesitated for a moment, but his consciousness couldn't be filtered. " Blood, boy...Their blood -- Ain't on your hands, but they might as well be..."

He shook his head for a moment," No -- No -- No -- No."

He reached down for his bottle of water, finished it quickly, and then returned to speaking. "What's a gal need to be paid after her friends were shot? You've got some nerve asking her to come back...But you're lucky I like you, little Reiner. Don't fancy myself a man of the South, but...you remind me of my boy. Know you two ain't getting along too well nowadays, but maybe if you'd be a bit less of a prick he'd come back around..."

He began rubbing at his eyes with his thumb and index finger before moving them up to his temples, massaging them in tiny circles. 

"Them letters don't mean much to me...That girl does, though. Next time, you send somebody else. A man, next time. I ain't writing back nobody whose puttin' this little girl's life in danger. Weak, or not. It don't matter to me. What matters is making sure this girl don't end up bein' a corpse in this city. Maybe my...animosity...is misplaced, but some people don't deserve to die out here, little Reiner..."

" That's what they're doin', though. Dyin'..."

Sign in to follow this