Server time: 2017-08-17, 21:37

Sign in to follow this  
Tactical_Pizza

Would this be considered offensive?

Question

I recently had an idea about forming a Muslim extremist group but I have no idea whether it would be 'offensive by nature'. I want to know if my idea would be able to come to fruition at some point or if I am better off just scrapping it.

10 answers to this question

Franklin    8

Their have been Muslim Extremist groups back in the mod, but they were done right. In standalone I don't think it's the best thing to do. Plus this topic has risen before and they have always been turned down. So, my opinion is scrap the idea, just avoid trouble, tension etc.

In my opinion, if you keep it in character only and don't bring the "extremist ideas" to the forums you should be fine. But I have no idea what others may think.

Guest Flluroz   
Guest Flluroz

I wouldn't bring it up, to be honest. It's been shot down plenty.

Defiance    96

It would be extremely difficult to properly pull off, I think. I'd shelf the idea for a later date, perhaps when game becomes moddable and you can create a more immersive and less-offensive environment IC.

well as long as you dont go around shouting "Takbir Allahu Akbar" I dont think most of us will have a problem with it.

But with the rising ISIS attacks, I would strongly discourage it

Ellie    335

I strongly believe that it isn't the best idea. It's too much of a controversial and touchy subject.

Flapjack    66

As much as I would like something of the likes to work, it's highly unlikely for multiple reasons. First off, to pull off such a group, you're going to need to do some serious research on their beliefs, religion etc. Otherwise, your group will just come off as a half-assed mess, which brings nothing unique to the table.

Then obviously, as many people have said already...People will get offended. I'm not saying I would, nor would I really agree with people taking offence - But people will get offended for the sake of getting offended and whining. It's a shame, but it's true.

However, if you do decide to try and pull it off...Good luck, I suppose.

Autumn    121

This has been tried and done. If you want to have a go at it be my guest. But history tells you the success of those groups no?

Nonetheless, would you say you've had sufficient feedback from the community in the case to solve your questions or perhaps you'd like more opinions?

Grimnir    584

I personally wouldn't mind such a group. I don't see why this should be prohibited (if the rp is good of course). Yes it's a hot topic but if I can take it seriously I think such a group is more than welcome.

However I am talking only for me and I am sure there are many people with a different opinion.

This has been tried and done. If you want to have a go at it be my guest. But history tells you the success of those groups no?

Nonetheless, would you say you've had sufficient feedback from the community in the case to solve your questions or perhaps you'd like more opinions?

Yes, I believe I've had sufficient feedback.