Server time: 2017-11-20, 19:06

Sign in to follow this  
CyDaSlumBummer

Escaping hostage takers

Question

I have searched the forums and of course the FAQs and found nothing.

Are you allowed to try and escape hostage takers given the opportunity? Given that they have not tied you up or indicated that they have restrained you. Not as a way to avoid RP, there would be RP up to the point of escape, but I feel like in a real world scenario you would try to escape if you had the opportunity. I feel like just accepting whatever happens in a hostage situation no matter what could ruin the immersion a little.

Any clarification would be much appreciated.

4 answers to this question

If you have an opportunity to escape you are 100% allowed to. But in doing so you must make sure you always value your character's life. There is a difference between a reasonable chance to escape and suicide.

You can attempt to escape as long as it isn't a blatant violation of NVFL. Which means if you're left unguarded and manage to slip away into the woods, that's fine. But if you're being watched by someone or multiple people with various weapons and attempt to charge through them to escape... That would be rule breaking. So, it's purely what the situation may or may not be.

You can attempt to escape as long as it isn't a blatant violation of NVFL. Which means if you're left unguarded and manage to slip away into the woods, that's fine. But if you're being watched by someone or multiple people with various weapons and attempt to charge through them to escape... That would be rule breaking. So, it's purely what the situation may or may not be.

Being left unguarded and slipping away is exactly the type of scenario I had in mind. Not trying to do any crazy Rambo stuff and get my character killed.

Thank you

If you have an opportunity to escape you are 100% allowed to. But in doing so you must make sure you always value your character's life. There is a difference between a reasonable chance to escape and suicide.

Skyrider and Ryan are both right you are allowed to attempt an escape, However like they also said you have to value your characters life whilst doing so.

Seeing as your question has been answered I'll mark this as solved if you have any further questions feel free to pm me or another community helper, join the teamspeak and head to the help desk, or make another question thread.

/solved