Server time: 2017-08-21, 06:35

Sign in to follow this  
TrilbyAsh

Additions to TP RP1

TrilbyAsh    6

'lo chaps, been brainstorming a couple things that could be added to the Trade Post. It's good at the moment, but there's a couple things that could be added to make it generally better.

1. More lighting:-

During night time, the Trade Post looks incredibly dark. It's only got a couple fires dotted around, next to the parking slots, the four campfires, and the two tire-fires. All of these are placed around the inner perimeter barricades. When all the fires are lit, it just has a bit of light. The outer walls are shrouded in darkness, as is the middle section, and the entrance.

What I'd personally like to see, is one, maybe two barrel-fires placed at the central tower, two on the inside of the entrance, two just outside the entrance on either side of the road. And perhaps have a couple extra fires dotted down along the dirt road towards the Asphalt Road, to help guide players up to the Post a little easier, and to prevent any collisions during the night, if someone's running out of the Post, and a car coming in can't see them. It'd also help to make the Post look just a little more inhabited. It's always just really dark inside of it.

2. A firing range:-

One thing I've noticed is that people in the Post trade weapons. Makes sense, it's a Trading Post after all. But when people get new weapons, they usually like to test them, to get a good feel for them. Usually this means people start to fire at random things within the Post, usually the Watch Towers, or the central Radio Tower. Occasionally, there's almost been accidents, because people haven't noticed that there's someone stood on the tower they're shooting at.

Now, there's plenty of space free, inside and outside the Post to fit a firing range. It could use either those targets you get in the ARAM II Armory, or if there's a model for it, something like an Archery Target?

People will always test their weapons, or even just start shooting at things, when they're bored, It'd be nice to have a shooting range in place, as people could then practice with their weapons in a more controlled environment, which will drastically reduce the risk of accidents or hostilities occurring, and it can be used as another place for people to interact with each other in a more friendly RP manner.

I'll update this when I come up with more. I'm not sure if the TP is being changed or not anyways, but these suggestions could also apply to be added into the new TP, if one is being developed. Lots of lighting, and a firing range would fit anywhere. :3

Blizzard    0

well there is like 10 differnt target objects, half of them flip down when hit and then reset themselves.

Glenn    10

Lightning is a good idea, should be cool to have spotlights.

But the shooting range is a bit overrated because people are always going crazy when shots are fired in the TP.

A thing that should be added is a fuel tank to refuel your vehicle.

Goz    2

Yes to spotlight

No to fuel tank - let's not make it bambi save zone

Glenn    10

Ooh oke, now i understand why there are no fuel tanks.

well there is like 10 differnt target objects, half of them flip down when hit and then reset themselves.

WHAT?!

For the love of God, add this NOW!

WHAT?!

For the love of God, add this NOW!

+1 Just copy the setting from the Chernarus armory in Vanilla.

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

+1 Lighting.

Tamaster92    14

More lighting at the TP +1

So many flares are thrown at the moment

ErnieB    0

Yeah, some floodlights sounds good. If its any type of problem you could make them run off fuel. This would make people leave TP to get fuel and they would have to insure that the lights are turned off in the day time to save fuel. Just an idea.

TrilbyAsh    6

Well. Yeah. I didn't suggest Floodlights because they're incredibly bright. Look anywhere near them, and you're blinded. xD Like the current TP is too dark, with a floodlight, it'd be the opposite, it'd be incredibly bright.

TrilbyAsh    6

Hey! Just like to thank the Staff for taking on board one of my suggestions! The TP Looks insanely awesome at night now.

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

Hey! Just like to thank the Staff for taking on board one of my suggestions! The TP Looks insanely awesome at night now.

That's because of you! Nice job ;D!

TrilbyAsh    6

Heheh, indeed! It's just nice that they listen to us average chaps every now and then. It's certainly made the TP Look a hell of a lot better. I love the new entrance as well.

I think the container walls need to be removed. It's unfortunate Employer left before implementing his new version.

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

Indeed good chap, indeed *takes sip of tea*.