Server time: 2017-08-23, 02:36

Sign in to follow this  
Guest kemosobie

I quick question about the bandit life

Guest kemosobie   
Guest kemosobie

Hey so I have some confusion about living a bandit life in DayZRP. I am a new player to the server so forgive my possible silly questions. I understand the KOS rules. If there is no KOS then I am unsure as to how to kill another player properly. Would I be able to take a hostage and execute him if he disobeys my commands. Is that too harsh? I thought id ask first rather then use trial and error for this one haha. Maybe just give me some examples of bandit play?

Guest Slip   
Guest Slip

"You have to make contact before initiating a hostile action. Contact is made when the player has responded to or otherwise acknowledged your message. You must make your intent of hostile action clear to your victim(s). If player is compliant and you have no good reason to execute them (grudge, previous hostilities etc), do not kill them. Treat the players fair in-game like you wanted to be treated in a RP environment."

So, if you initiate a robbery (Or similar hostile event) they have full rights to kill you if they want to, but if they dont do what you tell them to E.G. "Drop your weapon and don't turn towards me!" *player turns towards you with weapons raised*. You have full rights to kill them

-KG-    0

If you initiate a robbery on a group of people and one decides not to obey he is responsible for the whole group. While you technically could open up on all of them at that point it is advised not to unless you can ID them by clan skins/tag to be 100% sure they are all in radio contact.

If they all just met at the stary tents it would be harsh to kill all of them if one disobeys since the others wont have a clue what happened :)

Powdermen    0

Basically, if you want to rob someone or do an other hostile event, the first 2 things you want him to do is 1. identify and 2. drop weapons. And if he completely disobeys like in the example Slip gave, you shoot him/her. And if he doesn't respond to you, but you're sure he can hear you: set a time limit of at least 10 seconds. And longer to someone in a vehicle if you want him to drop his stuff because it takes longer (map --> units --> gear --> dropping).

After you victim has done this you RP with him/her a bit or if you think you're not safe and you don't have any friends with you, you get the gear and GTFO!

Guest kemosobie   
Guest kemosobie

Thanks for the responses, i understand much better now =]