Server time: 2017-11-21, 15:46

Sign in to follow this  
HeresSasquatch

Remnants

So i'm sure one of the most discussed factions are military remnants. But what I'm wondering is, are there any UN based groups? I know the idea itself is most likely over used and poorly done. But I recently got whitelisted and my character is a medical professional who worked with the CDF and later on the UN. I feel like a decently "organised" group of UN remnants that are still trying to continue their work would be really complimenting to the lore of DayZRP. I know what you're thinking "But i'm fed up of military characters", whoa now! Let's imagine it for a second, a group of UN peacekeepers with supporting medical staff operating in say...the Stary Sobor camp for examples sake. Handing out food, helping injured people, sending out patrols into the surrounding areas. Basically a UN group that would behave according to international law (to an extent), use military tactics and simply act like normal human beings. Further into DayZ development we'll see H-barriers for base building , floodlights, a driveable humvee etc. The parts are coming slowly but surely that would allow a UN humanitarian mission to really hold some ground and be an acceptable/realistic faction. So there it is , my idea. Maybe this group could be called the U.N.Q.R.F ( United Nations Quick Reaction Force), maybe they could be defending one of the last few operating clinics/hospitals. With the right people,research and role play they could become one of the most lore intensive groups in the land. And who know's maybe they can still pull together whats left of this husk of a country.

Anyway I welcome positive and negative feedback with open arms! I just wanted to get involved with the community!

Guest CUDA

We had a UN group. They got them selves involved in a large war which ended in lots of OOC tension and general bullshit. I have said for a while that a UN group that tried to push the lore forward and consisted of good RPers and an expierenced leader would be great for the server. I also hope who ever would do this would have not just Peacekeepers but staff of the UN. They would also need to react to the shit storm the former UN left them. Lots of characters (mine included) have long standing IC hate for the UN. Would definitely be interesting to see.

We had a UN group. They got them selves involved in a large war which ended in lots of OOC tension and general bullshit. I have said for a while that a UN group that tried to push the lore forward and consisted of good RPers and an expierenced leader would be great for the server. I also hope who ever would do this would have not just Peacekeepers but staff of the UN. They would also need to react to the shit storm the former UN left them. Lots of characters (mine included) have long standing IC hate for the UN. Would definitely be interesting to see.

My main aim was a UN group that consisted mainly of medical staff with a handful of armed peacekeepers. Roaming around the area surrounding their FOB, retrieving blood samples, rescuing wounded civilians and essentially only intervening in conflicts if its deemed a humanitarian issue.

I even put thought into the "costumes" :

UN Officer - USMC Uniform

UN beret

Plate carrier

Western Weapon

UN PeaceKeeper - USMC Uniform

UN Ballistic Helmet

Plate Carrier

Western Weapon

UN Medical Staff - USMC Pants

Blue Medical Scrub shirt

Scrub hat?

Plate Carrier (only pouches, and for when on patrol with civil order units)

Good luck to you :) from someone that has tried to do this exact thing I can tell you.. you wont get ANY respect ingame :P so all the best ! do your research and try and get some good players/Rpers with you..

RIP

I agree. A UN group that follows its lore and goals would be great for the server. We need a true hero group that has a solid connection with the lore.

I agree. A UN group that follows its lore and goals would be great for the server. We need a true hero group that has a solid connection with the lore.

It's genuinely something I'd like to be involved in. I mean just simple things like stopping passing civilians, checking for infection, further down the line we could see UN peacekeepers taking the fight to the infected, clearing towns delivering aid to local colonies. A UN with genuine goals, fighting the infection and keeping the peace. Could lead to interactions like this little short story written on the spot. I like lore.

The UN

A UN convoy roll's up to the gate's, an awkward silence hits the area. "You guys friendly?" is heard from the otherside. "We're here to help." is heard through a megaphone attached to the front vehicle. Slowly the gate's swing open to reveal the innards of the small colony. Men stood at the front of the gathering crowd holding various firearms, skeptical of the previous UN forces encountered in Chernarus. As UN peacekeepers,clad in their digital camouflage,gas masks,blue helmets and heavy vests, dismounted from their vehicles tensions were high. Face-to-face it all felt like hell was going to break loose. As far as people in the colony were concerned these guys were here to avenge their buddies. The megaphone rattles with sound "We're are the UNQRF, dispatched from the West we are to help. Please form an orderly queue, you will receive a ration.". Unsure the people slowly lined up behind a large military truck. Men clad in medical scrubs and fatigues dismounted form the truck and began unloading white boxes, setting up tables along with medical stations. As more people received rations and medial checks the atmosphere lifted. Maybe the UN weren't out the game at all, maybe it was just half time.

Remember: Don't be afraid to put your boot in the ass of people who cross you, and never compromise the people you are looking out for for the sake of your pride like the previous UN did.

Remember: Don't be afraid to put your boot in the ass of people who cross you, and never compromise the people you are looking out for for the sake of your pride like the previous UN did.

Well I've got 3 months before i can even consider setting it up. But that's three months of studying lore and researching to ensure a realistic/responsive UN. Hopefully I can eventually make the UNQRF a reality. And don't worry criminals will feel the weight of the law and the protection of civilians will be prime. Hopefully I'll meet some decent mil-sim/medical rp'ers to make this a reality.

I was apart of the UN for a while, it'd be nice to see another UN group cropping up in the near future. Maybe a UN remnants/outcast group? Something along those lines would be pretty awesome.

I remember being in the UN,it was plenty of fun but as soon as I placed that helmet on my head every freshie and his grandmother were coming at me trying to kill me.I never got that,in reality the UN were good guys(when I was with them),I think it was before us that a previous group fucked up the name,not sure tho.