Server time: 2018-08-16, 13:47

Sign in to follow this  
Jinx

You are all bloody crazy XD

I've noticed from Radio chatter, live streams and well chatting to friends as I can't get in game (No graphics card right now...) that you are all to mostly bat shit insane I know a zombie apocalypse might break a few people but so many of you... But I'm gonna stop as this isn't a complaint I just wish to know where you got your inspiration for your characters.

I agree, there's a lot of characters who have some sort of mental illness. Some of them are played well, some of them...not so well. PTSD I can understand, though.

My character isn't insane, but has a ridiculously long history of physical and emotional abuse. Seymour truly believes that the apocalypse is the greatest thing that has ever happened to him, and strongly prefers his lifestyle now compared to how things used to be. He's always acted outside of the law, and has toured the majority of the USA via hitchhiking and being a street-kid. Crime followed him everywhere, and a run-in with police officer and a handful of bounty hunters landed Seymour in jail. His sentence was 10 years, but he got out in 4 on good behavior.

During his time in prison, he illicited himself sexually for favors and power. He gained a tremendous amount of respect in his short stint in prison. My character is an anarchist, an atheist, and a good for nothing vagabond. He cusses, smokes, and drinks. I frequently RP taking drugs and starting fights. Furthermore, I have an elaborate list of lies. Fake names, fake birthdays, fake towns, fake everything. Seymour believes that the truth is reserved for only a select few, and having spent most of his life on the street he's incredibly intuitive when it comes to meeting people for the first time.

He doesn't bathe, and has an enormous beard with an incredibly long goattee. My character isn't bat shit insane, but he's no doubt a little crazy.

My character isn't insane, but has a ridiculously long history of physical and emotional abuse. Seymour truly believes that the apocalypse is the greatest thing that has ever happened to him, and strongly prefers his lifestyle now compared to how things used to be. He's always acted outside of the law, and has toured the majority of the USA via hitchhiking and being a street-kid. Crime followed him everywhere, and a run-in with police officer and a handful of bounty hunters landed Seymour in jail. His sentence was 10 years, but he got out in 4 on good behavior.

During his time in prison, he illicited himself sexually for favors and power. He gained a tremendous amount of respect in his short stint in prison. My character is an anarchist, an atheist, and a good for nothing vagabond. He cusses, smokes, and drinks. I frequently RP taking drugs and starting fights. Furthermore, I have an elaborate list of lies. Fake names, fake birthdays, fake towns, fake everything. Seymour believes that the truth is reserved for only a select few, and having spent most of his life on the street he's incredibly intuitive when it comes to meeting people for the first time.

He doesn't bathe, and has an enormous beard with an incredibly long goattee. My character isn't bat shit insane, but he's no doubt a little crazy.

Damn dude can't wait to meet him.

I love the crazies. Makes rp more fun and interesting.

I agree with xEli. I love the crazies as well. It really spices things up and I love the idea that bad people are everywhere.

Meh. Crazy was fun in mod. But now everyone wants to play the crazy person and it just gets tedious, repetitive, and over-saturated. With a few exceptions. A little unstable is one thing but too many people take it too far.

This is not "crazy". This is a well-written character who is entirely justified in his personal character tropes with his hard knocks in life. It's fairly believable that a life like this could have a lot of trauma and heartbreak in it. He has issues that would do well to be addressed by a professional counsellor, but he is not, from what I can tell, the borderline-offensive stereotypes and sometimes-cliche "crazy" characters that I sometimes see. You, sir, are an example of how to play a troubled character right.

I started off as a hero honestly , but ive had this character for 8 months now.. and through RP is what Darion has become

My character's actually pretty normal, just ya know, a convict.

I think the potential for making your character morally heinous is always there. I've described my character so you'll have an idea as to how I do things. Darion is also an excellent example of a "crazy" character, and I'd wager that the majority of "crazy" people that I've encountered have been pretty awesome. My end-game with Seymour is to have him become a cannibal and begin wearing fingers and ears as jewelry.

I've a long way before that time comes. Thanks for the kind words, Warg. I definitely can understand how RP of this standard could go wrong, and it's really easy to throw a wrench into other people's RP with unnecessary craziness. I've found that the best solution for people who do this is to just take a knife and cut 'em up real good. :D

Hey! Who are you calling crazy? I should bound you with intestines from a goat and use some rusty pliers to pull one of your molars out for that comment! Be glad i dont mount your head on a pike in front of GM for all to see!... Im not helping my case, am i?

Guest CUDA

Crazy RP?

rAunX.gif

Ever since broken archived I don't think a single group has done it well.

My character's actually pretty normal

wat. :troll:

My character's actually pretty normal

wat. :troll:

Forgot you learned so much in your 12 hours in the clan, Andy. :P

Does it?

as is with everything. it dosent matter what you are. its how well you play the part. sometimes just the small things make it fun and interesting.

you could be generic crazy mental insane dude. or you could do a little research into what you find interesting about it and really express it.

all comes down to how you emphasize it

I am probably the most normal and kind person you will ever run into. I give people peaches for god sakes! HOW DARE YOU!

Does it?

as is with everything. it dosent matter what you are. its how well you play the part. sometimes just the small things make it fun and interesting.

you could be generic crazy mental insane dude. or you could do a little research into what you find interesting about it and really express it.

all comes down to how you emphasize it

Obviously. The problem is, most are crazy Joe McBadass. Go read the radio chatter forum and you'll quickly see how many people are playing crazy dictators. I'm being harsh - but after meeting so many crazy people sometimes I long for an encounter with someone whose personality disorders focus on trying to avoid the current situation - rather than thrive and be treating it like a party.

Guest turbox9

Or it can be extremely annoying and cringey.

Depends on the person. But yeah it can be

Guest turbox9

Depends on the person. But yeah it can be

I can count on my fingers the only people who have done crazy Rp properly. Its annoying having that great class then these rpers who try to imitate them and fail and tarnish their names.

Ivan had a very good upbringing. His mother a teacher and his father a military man, Ivan was influenced to be respectful, honest, kind, helpful and caring.

His mother was killed in front of him and his father sent to prison of a crime he didn't commit, and at 7 years of age, Ivan was heavily effected by these events. The next 10 years he mostly spent isolating himself from everyone else, and he was torn between what his parents had taught him, and his desire to make sure the ones responsible would not get away unpunished.

at 17 Ivan eventually snapped and killed several people, earning himself only seven years due to technicalities.

In prison he tried to isolate himself, spent most of his time reading and researching various topics that interested him. The other prisoners quickly learnt to avoid Ivan due to an... incident that occurred while he was inside.

When the apocalypse struck, Ivan was thrust into this sick world just as he was trying to make himself a better person and hopefully have a future that his parents would be proud of. 

The world proved to much of him, and his mind began to suffer greatly from the trauma of trying to stay sane in an insane world.

He eventually developed a split personality, almost a mental defensive mechanism to help him deal with the stress. Ivan is gruff and sometimes harsh, but he is never unkind without reason. He is usually strong spirited, determined, if not a little hotheaded. He does care and he does carry sympathy for those he shares his life with. He is also afraid of what he is capable of becoming if he lets himself fall too far. 

His other side, Jack, whom was named after his twin brother who died at birth, is essentially the side of Ivan that comes out when he is backed into a corner, or needs to make himself look terrifying as to dissuade people from messing with him. 

Jack is sadistic, malicious, ruthless, unstable, cruel, extremely cunning, and highly unpredictable. Jack has no sense of remorse, sympathy or guilt. He doesn't feel love, he doesn't experience fear. He views everyone equally: as sacks of meat and blood, and therefore doesn't discriminate when it comes to race, religion, age or gender, though he usually tries to avoid children.

Jack is a necessary evil in Ivan's eyes. He is only the way he is because he has learnt the hard way just how cruel the world is, both and AND before the apocalypse. His primary viewpoint is thus:

The only way you can survive in a fucked up world, is to become just as fucked up as the world is around you.

Oh people are normal. But normalcy has shifted immensely. Fresh faced tourists are now hardened killers, having to adapt and survive. Most people develop this arc. Off screen, on screen. Doesn't matter, it develops.