Server time: 2017-08-21, 06:49

Sign in to follow this  
Guest King Turo

The Short Guide for Roleplay

Guest King Turo   
Guest King Turo

Hey, you there! You want to learn a quick and easy way on how to roleplay?

STEP 1: When you want to type out of character use brackets (( TEXT HERE ))

Example: KingTuro: (( bro why r u so pro? :) ))

BAD EXAMPLE: KingTuro: bro y u so good :)?

Dont use smilies in character.

STEP 2: Try your best to stay in character! When something happens even though it isnt rp just roleplay it. This will add depths and seriousness to the roleplay and make people follow!

Example: Random bandit tries to KoS

Kingturo: "Ohhh shit! Where is -- Fuck, stay behind cover!"

Herpderp: "God I'm so scared."

BAD EXAMPLE: Pauses Roleplay. "Fuck you for KoSing". REPORTED.

Even though you could report if you want.. I love roleplayers who loves staying in character.

Make your character unique!

Be unique! Become a canabal! Become a ex school teacher, lawyer, 16 year old kid! Be anything you want. Dont just be a damn ex marine or soldier.

Use proper grammar when typing.

Example: "Hi there! I just came south... Or was it south?

BAD EXAMPLE: "Beanz plz? :) or no lol ok..."

Do actions!

You cant leave certain actions to arma.. isnt that boring? For example roleplay eating a can of beans.. or anything in praticular.

Example: King Turo: *Rips the top of the bean can*

*Throws his head backwards while gulping the beans whole*

Bad example: *eat can of beanz*

MEH JUST QUICK N EASY, LATER.

mrtoothpick    0

Great tips! Here's a few of my own I think many people tend to forget while role playing, particularly when things start to get too personal.

Don't forget to separate yourself from your character. Unless your character has been modeled after your own likeness, try to imagine what your character would do in certain situations. Try to think about their background and the way it has shaped them and the way it affects their decisions.

Example: Your character is a grizzled bandit who has lost his wife and little girl. One of his victims is a woman, but he notices a locket around her neck with the picture of her own little girl, who had gone missing during the outbreak. Empathizing with her, he may decide to let her go or even try to help her find her daughter.

Also remember that a person's character does not reflect their RL personality or opinions. If your character is particularly rude, it might be helpful to stop and remind whoever you're RPing with not to take anything too harshly, simply because you mean it from a purely in-character perspective and that you're a polite guy or gal OOC and enjoy role playing with them.

Guest Demarcus King   
Guest Demarcus King

My new account! Thanks guys for the replies.

Sin    114

I hope you're not playing on this server with two GUIDs? That's a good way to get both accounts banned, I'm sorry to say.

Goz    2

@Demarcus King / King Turo - you are not allowed to have two accounts. Pick one you want to stay with and PM me which one you want to delete.

Btw, good tips!

Guest Demarcus King   
Guest Demarcus King

Its a new forum account.. not a new character.

Sky    1

Multiple in-game characters is aloud, multiple forum accounts is not. PM the one you don't wish to keep to Goz and he'll have it deleted.

Guest Demarcus King   
Guest Demarcus King

Yeah already been done. I just lost the password to King Turo that's all

Guest Slip   
Guest Slip

Dont just be a damn ex marine or soldier.

I think people should have the rights to be whatever the feel suits them, besides there are some nice roleplay opportunity's that come along if you decide to play a military role :)

Guest Demarcus King   
Guest Demarcus King

I didn't mean it in that way! I meant the majority of roleplayers always choose to be marine or army related. It would be great to see something more unique.

Skates    0

I think this may just be personal issue but I feel that most of the back stories for the characters people make are a little too dramatic. "Oh, I was raped and my entire family was raped too. I now have to get revenge on them all." It's probably just me but that really annoys me.

I think this may just be personal issue but I feel that most of the back stories for the characters people make are a little too dramatic. "Oh, I was raped and my entire family was raped too. I now have to get revenge on them all." It's probably just me but that really annoys me.

There's a lot of people who are new to the whole roleplaying thing. Give them time to get used to it, and they will come up with something better. The ones that don't: well, I doubt they will be staying for long anyway.

(S.T.A.L.K.E.R. <3)

Diremast    0

Yes, that seems like a trent but then again we're surrounded by crazy flesh eating zombies? Sorta makes sense but I understand that it might be tiring to read the same thing all over. But don't read them? Problem solved! :)

Skates    0

Never actually commented on the guide. Some really useful pieces of information and tips, great work.

Guest Demarcus King   
Guest Demarcus King

Great character background story example.

Sign in to follow this