Server time: 2017-10-18, 00:24
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Johannes K.

where is the main emphasis on DayZRP?

Johannes K.    0

Only for my understanding. I read so much over Bandits, Clans and Battle. Is the main emphasis of the players here the fight and chases on other players?

Are there civilians at all? Or are RP civilians only the victims for attacks?

There is a few players who roleplay civilians or non-aggressive characters, but of course, most of the players prefer action (Clan wars, robbery and battle).

Not everybody is in a clan and survive alone since it's hard, it's more attractive to play in a group. I don't think that we have too many bandits, most of us are playing casual bandits, robbing from time to time but mostly friendly.

If you want to roleplay a civilian, you are most welcome !

Tortov    0

Naturally, group PVP plays a big role, being a mod of Arma II, a combat simulator.

However there are plenty of civilians and friendly/neutral players, and these guys are always more than welcome, as Leon said.

If you gain yourself a reputation for being friendly, you will become respected amongst survivors and bandits alike, and you will be robbed rarely especially by larger groups, as is the case with the Field Medics group [FM].

Astraal    3

as is the case with the Field Medics group [FM].

AHEM we're called Free Medics.

Zhunk    2

as is the case with the Field Medics group [FM].

AHEM we're called Free Medics.

Most vicious , evil, bloodthirsty clan out there. Watch out!

Now lets get serious here, I never got robbed in the server ( Maybe I'm special...) nor robbed anyone. There are few hardcore bandits groups and most of them have RP aspects so they wont rob everyone. This server is based on friendly players. Due to the RP your character might get robbed because of her background: If you're a foreigner, the CLF (Chernarus Liberation Front) might cause you some trouble.

Blizzard    0

im a lone friendly survivour, im always in taviana if you ever stumble upon me

Sin    127

It's a sandbox. Everybody does what they want. Depending on what you do, it's going to colour your perception of what everyone else does.

Fact of the matter is that it's very easy to live as a lone survivor and avoid robbers and clan warfare altogether.

Though if you choose, you can choose from several communities of friendly survivors, or make war on other groups.

Khardia    0

A lot of clan fights each other, as said above.

But there are a fair amount of clans / people that are friendly (most of them are individuals, without any clan affiliations).

Some people play "real civilians" from Chernarus, victims of the apocalypse. They aren't a lot, but there are some!

If you want to create your own "civilian" clan, you can do so in the right section. It'd add another RP aspect to the game (which would be really fun)! But it's usually easier to RP a civilian without any group, hehe.

Osaka    19

Indeed, most civilians are going to be in the role of the non-military.

The Free Medics are just one of the many out there who don't see DayZ as a combat simulator. Because it is easy to use a combat game as a combat game. Try to gain a twist and roleplay someone who is not "welcome" according to the game engine.

Arma2 is all about being a soldier, and acting as such, but in reality you can tweak this to astonishing levels by just using your imagination.

The Free Medics use a regular oath used by doctors, We Wil Not Hurt You.

Seems easy, no?

try it.