Server time: 2017-10-19, 12:41
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marcus Williams

Bandit Disscusion

Guest Marcus Williams   
Guest Marcus Williams

This hasn't been recently, but has been talked about in the past for a while. "Bandits only execute people/kill people during robberies because they want the kill." I don't agree with this

There are multiple reasons why bandits kill someone not complying. One, because most likely their victim is armed and ready to kill the bandit that committed a hostile act against them. Second, because the group doesn't want to risk losing one of their own as they would probably have to replace him, or have to remover their death till the day they die.

Now, I'm not saying that this gives any bandit(s) to kill their victim if they don't comply right away, but just reasoning why some victims are killed during robberies.

On the discussion of bandit's background on why they want to rob every single living thing I believe is because the clan or individual wants to spread fear to the survivors/inhabitants of Chernarus so they could make people think they can't be messed with or that they are the top dogs of Chernarus, that they make the rules, and the survivors follow them and don't try to go against them.

A good example of removing/robbing survivors of their weapons and other things would be S-GRU's story on disarming the people so they don't have military grade equipment , and so try can force Chernarus back under soviet rule. They strip away the military weaponry, and replace it with what farmers would use (shotguns, hunting rifles, etc). That, in my opinion, is a great story background goal on why they rob so many people- because a lot of people In Chernarus wield military grade weapons. When removing thirst military weapons, S-GRU would have a greater chance to make Chernarus soviet country (a.k.a in their control). Now, I'm not saying S-GRU is the only example, it's the only great one, because there are a lot of great examples out there, it's just the only example I thought of at this moment.

Post your thoughts and opinions on this topic.

NO FLAMING OF ANY TYPE. THIS THREAD IS TO HELP THOSE UNDERSTAND BANDITS BETTER!!!

Powdermen    0

The reason I've been enjoying banditing lately besides the ''adrenalin rush'' is that you get way more encounters with people. Normally you meet loads of people in the TP, but nothing really happens there. You can't be ''mean'' or ''threaten'' anyone. But when you have a roadblock somewhere and everyone takes positions and you then meet someone, he is under you control. You can talk to him or her in any way you'd like (As long as it's not disrespectful OOC). And get to know the ''raw'' side of someones character when they're not surrounded by the TP-walls. And the clanwars are a lot of fun.

I don't like how BC but bandits in general got a bad reputation. I really try to RP, I think it's very difficult to do it very good, but I try my best. But when a car or person stops, you want ensure the safety of you and your mates first. You can't want to lose any men. And if people fail to comply and you have to shoot him 20 seconds after making contact than that is a shame even though you often get sweet sweet loot.

And finally: If I could find 1 car, 5 weapons (+/-), ammo, supplies etc. by just looting within the 10/30 minutes in which on average a car turns up on your roadblock, than regular looting would become more attractive! ;p

Guest Marcus Williams   
Guest Marcus Williams

The reason I've been enjoying banditing lately besides the ''adrenalin rush'' is that you get way more encounters with people. Normally you meet loads of people in the TP, but nothing really happens there. You can't be ''mean'' or ''threaten'' anyone. But when you have a roadblock somewhere and everyone takes positions and you then meet someone, he is under you control. You can talk to him or her in any way you'd like (As long as it's not disrespectful OOC). And get to know the ''raw'' side of someones character when they're not surrounded by the TP-walls. And the clanwars are a lot of fun.

I don't like how BC but bandits in general got a bad reputation. I really try to RP, I think it's very difficult to do it very good, but I try my best. But when a car or person stops, you want ensure the safety of you and your mates first. You can't want to lose any men. And if people fail to comply and you have to shoot him 20 seconds after making contact than that is a shame even though you often get sweet sweet loot.

And finally: If I could find 1 car, 5 weapons (+/-), ammo, supplies etc. by just looting within the 10/30 minutes in which on average a car turns up on your roadblock, than regular looting would become more attractive! ;p

I'm almost tempted to say that even disrespectful talkings should be allowed when bandits commit a robbery. They can use harsh etc, and the victim should know OOC that what the bandit says is completely IC and not ment to be taken out of the game. And I do believe its a shame that most of the good RP can only take place after the victim has complied to the bandits demands, however, I believe the victim could also try to reason with the bandit(s) to exchange information of an individual's location that they know IC or information about other things that might convince the bandit not to take your stuff.

It is not entirely the bandits fault if there is little RP in the encounter as the victim can contribute to the RP as well.

Powdermen    0

Exactly, when I get captured or robbed I always try to talk myself out of it, or piss off the offenders in a RP-manner when I am lost anyways! It gives way more dept to the situation.

Guest Marcus Williams   
Guest Marcus Williams

Exactly, when I get captured or robbed I always try to talk myself out of it, or piss off the offenders in a RP-manner when I am lost anyways! It gives way more dept to the situation.

Mmhm. If victim of robberies attempted to do this, I feel that more RP would happen during robberies instead of the traditional "Drop your stuff or I leave!" Plus, this gives the chance for the victim to make their own option instead of die or comply.

Sky    1

Bandits are generally the first to receive critism because in a robbery scenario they're the ones calling all the shots and making all of the decisions. If someone makes a mistake and things go south, its generally the bandits fault.

But yeah, way I see it, both parties have a fairly equal level of responsibility when involved in robberies to act in a way that promotes roleplay.

Guest Marcus Williams   
Guest Marcus Williams

Bandits are generally the first to receive critism because in a robbery scenario they're the ones calling all the shots and making all of the decisions. If someone makes a mistake and things go south, its generally the bandits fault.

But yeah, way I see it, both parties have a fairly equal level of responsibility when involved in robberies to act in a way that promotes roleplay.

Glad someone agrees! I do understand that there are circumstances where a bandit is at fault (zombie kill complying victim, etc) but I believe that the victim can have good role-play to bring to the situation. I'm not saying all robberies, but there are more ways that the victim can role-play in that scenario.

Caesar    438

Bandits will always act in their best interest, that include doing all they can to ensure they themselves are not harmed. That is why it sometimes becomes necessary to execute those who do not appear to be complying.

Without being able to add action to threat there would be no banditry as people could not enforce their will.

Guest Marcus Williams   
Guest Marcus Williams

Bandits will always act in their best interest, that include doing all they can to ensure they themselves are not harmed. That is why it sometimes becomes necessary to execute those who do not appear to be complying.

Without being able to add action to threat there would be no banditry as people could not enforce their will.

I agree with some parts of what you are saying, but I disagree that executing disarmed people is the only thing to resort to. In my honest opinion, I think if each bandit would capture each robbery victim, they should try to interrogate them. Interrogate them for individuals or camp sites with loot. The bandit party could also use the victim as a spy to go in a listen to people, or I don't know I'm just thinking up of RP scenarios that could involve more RP from the bandit side.

This is just my thoughts and suggestions on getting more RP from the bandits. This is in no way intended to tilt or force someone or a group/clan to change their RP at all.

Caesar    438

Where did I indicate my post refferred to unrmed people? I was talking sbout armed.

Also I like your suggestions, we already do this RP whe possible. I remember whenwe took a person hostage on the coast, we stripped himof his AK and gave him back a revolver at the end (we gave him what we had).

More importantly we interogated him for around 20 minutes before running out of interrogation ideas also with the server restart coming we told him to take a swim and not come back until we were gone.

Guest Marcus Williams   
Guest Marcus Williams

Where did I indicate my post refferred to unrmed people? I was talking sbout armed.

Also I like your suggestions, we already do this RP whe possible. I remember whenwe took a person hostage on the coast, we stripped himof his AK and gave him back a revolver at the end (we gave him what we had).

More importantly we interogated him for around 20 minutes before running out of interrogation ideas also with the server restart coming we told him to take a swim and not come back until we were gone.

Ah, excuse me for my reading error. And that's what I'm trying put out there. What you're telling me your group did. "We interrogated him for around twenty minutes." If I was the one being interrogated, I would enjoy that sort of RP as I see it happening very little on this server.

Another good example of masked banditry would be from Zagori Zàrmuteki (Spotter's clan). Their clan background circles around hating foreigners to Chernarus, and promise the people that they will deal with them as they do not belong in Chernarus, and should go away.

They disarm foreign people (Americans, people not from Chernarus) drive them around for a bit and RP with them inside the vehicle, and decide whether they forcefully deport the foreigner out of of the country. If the prisoner refuses to leave, they are executed. (In no way will I use this information in-character. This is just to provide an example of great bandit role play to the community!)

Tomeran    3

There's a degree of truth to this, but there's also a severe complication that I've run into several times where I've been robbed. Many bandits are very aggressive in their behaviour, and you definetly get the impression that you as a victim need to be on your toes. If you dont do EXACTLY what they say when they say it you'll get shot. Wether that's true or not, the attitude(and the danger you're in) can make victims nervous and not really promote a will or time to a properly roleplayed response.

I generally roleplay through text, and it takes me some time to write a proper response. Although I almost always try to roleplay at least something when im being robbed, I wont do it if I get the impression that taking the time to do it will result in my immidiate execution. Bandits can be a bit too triggerhappy, especielly towards victims that are not armed. WHY they'd be triggerhappy towards unarmed victims I dont know, but there are plenty of examples where unarmed banditry victims have been gunned down regardless of the fact that they're not really a threat.

Its situations like that that definetly helps bring bandits a bad name, and unfortunetly its way too common.

Fortunetly there's also a positive trend, inspired by SDS and S-GRU roleplay. Taking captives, interrigation etc. Now that's fun.

However it is of course ultimatly true that there cant really be a proper roleplaying interaction if its just one-way, the victim needs to respond as well. But its the bandit that takes the initiative, and he's generally the one that sets the tone.

(btw Sky you get +1000 Tomeran points for your new avatar)

Sky    1

Totally agree with what you're saying Tomeran.

I suppose it may have sounded a little contradictory saying that both parties have equal responsibility, yet bandits are the ones calling the shots. I more meant that both sides have two choices: Roleplay or not roleplay. A victim not roleplaying is just as damaging to the dynamic as a bandit not roleplaying, yet the bandit will see critism more often than the victim will simply because of nature of the role they're playing.

I don't think its a huge issue, most if not all understand the importance of bandits and their place in this RP environment.

But you're right. Sometimes the roleplaying options of the victim are shutdown by the bandits actions. I suppose its just something that everyone has to try and keep in mind.

-KG-    0

I agree, both parties are equally responsible for the safety of the victim...I dont know how many times there has been incidents where it basically ended up with the victim making a report saying "You told me to stop, you never told me to NOT swing my gun around me like an idiot"

Or even unarmed, if you want to stay alive dont turn to face the bandits...this can be seen as non compliance or an attempt to throw a grenade, just face away from the bandit and turn your head.

Guest Marcus Williams   
Guest Marcus Williams

Feel like this needs a bump.

Guest Marcus Williams   
Guest Marcus Williams

cheeeeeee

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

e6800_ORIG-bear_how_about_no_wj9.jpg

Its been two months let it die.

Guest Marcus Williams   
Guest Marcus Williams

no, it shall be read by all the bambi bandits

Guest Marcus Williams   
Guest Marcus Williams

bump.

Soren    0

You've obviously tried to bump this for a while now, yet no responses.

Perhaps this thread is considered dead, and no one find it interesting?

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

I find this thread very interesting, i am glad the thread is not dead yet.

Guest Marcus Williams   
Guest Marcus Williams

thank you, wookie. i appreciate ur love

Guest Marcus Williams   
Guest Marcus Williams

no, wookie wouldnt lie to based god