Server time: 2017-10-22, 02:51
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Wunsleh

Reverting back to the old rules?

Revert back to the older/more stricter rules?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Revert back to the older/more stricter rules?

• Ya!
    • Noez

Wunsleh    10

ever since the new rules (well almost since then) people have been using these rules to modify it to suit their own needs to the point of almost commiting kos and sometimes actually committing it.

From what ive seen even the admins get confused and their opinion vary on some points.

the amount of reports i've been reading,where people dont clearly understand the rules and whenever something goes wrong automatically referring to using common sense is getting ridiculous high and its ruining the game experience.

why can't we use the old, strict rules where you either have to follow them or get banned.

the amount of reports would decrease, the dislike on other players would stop and interaction with other players would most likely increase as well.

give me your thoughts :)

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

^this

+1

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

I am not sure, I didn't play much before the rules changed, but a lot of people have told me about 'how horrible and strict' they were

Wunsleh    10

I am not sure, I didn't play much before the rules changed, but a lot of people have told me about 'how horrible and strict' they were

Yeah i know it was more strict and horrible but it was more fun to play the game since people wouldnt automatically say; COMMON SENSE!

Either change it to make it more enjoyable or revert to it, because today were like 5/6 reports and half of these were common sense bs in it.

Sin    127

The old rules were rigid and stiff and did nothing to promote RP. What they did promote was exploit seeking; people would do their best to generate situations that arguably adhered to the letter of the rules, but stomped all over the spirit of them. The current rule set promotes role play and active involvement in the community, because it helps to be aware of how past situations were judged, and you have to be able to justify your actions from a role play perspective.

The problem we have on this server has nothing to do with the rules. The problem is that there is a core group of players that report every little incident and try to get people banned at every opportunity.

Wunsleh    10

The old rules were rigid and stiff and did nothing to promote RP. What they did promote was exploit seeking; people would do their best to generate situations that arguably adhered to the letter of the rules, but stomped all over the spirit of them. The current rule set promotes role play and active involvement in the community, because it helps to be aware of how past situations were judged, and you have to be able to justify your actions from a role play perspective.

The problem we have on this server has nothing to do with the rules. The problem is that there is a core group of players that report every little incident and try to get people banned at every opportunity.

yeah but these rules give them those opportunities more easily

Rolle    2963

yeah but these rules give them those opportunities more easily

If these rules give them opportunities more easily, the old rules would be pretty much useless since they did not cover half of the things that are happening now.

So no, we won't revert to the old rules because the new ones are a very clear improvement.

Tosme    0

In the old rules we pretty much had to give an example on every single scenario that could happen that could result in any punishment.

Applying to the whitelist would be a pain, 3 hours to read through the rules.

And people wouldnt remember them.

#SinForServerOwner2041

Sin got the nail on the head.

The old rules will change nothing.

ZeroXiz    0

This.

The old rules were to stiff and did not promote RP at all. And as Sin said the problem is not the rules, the problem is people being generally butthurt over mistakes or losses.

Daniel    2

Well i think stricter rules ( with examples like a lot of examples ) in general are important. It seeems (at leas my pov) that a lot of people arent playing anymore on the server because everyone is reporting each other (as sind said). To avoid something like that we should make stricter rules. Furthermore i thought about a kind of jury which is going to be random people with no affiliation to any group. Why? I feel sometimes that people (not certainly me) are gettint treaten unfair. If we would have a kind of jury i think that would be better.

If we introduce something like (only 1 example):

no kos:

- you have to make propper contact. That means telling the opponent exactly what he should behave (DO NOT TURN AROUND etc.) to asure that people understand what is going to happen.

Btw i dont think its a certain group of people trying to get banned. I think its everyone. Why? Everyone wants the best gear and knows that if he is not going to report it someone else is going to report him/her.

I also think that a lot (not all, no certain people) of people arent here for rp. I think they are here for avoiding kos'd.

I really would look forward to stricter and more detailled rules including a lot of scenarios. I know that this is a lot of work. In my pov it will help making the experience in this game more enjoyable.

Another thing i'd like to add is that everyone should talk to his murderer / etc. personally before making a report. What if someone get kosed? Make a report discussion. And as soon as the report discussion is made post some logs. We can avoid 10 pages of people discussing first. Admins show him who was for instance his murder and he can talk to him. After that talk people can decide if they are going to make a real report out of it.

This would improve the relations of all partys as well as the amount of time GM's have to work on a certain report.

Thats all i think about it.

Jerry    22

Stop reporting each and learn to discuss things like men and stop trying to get your fellow community members banned.

Clintbet    0

Stop reporting each and learn to discuss things like men and stop trying to get your fellow community members banned.

This, a 100 times this.

Wunsleh    10

Yeah well everyone in the server tries to do that...

Jerry    22

I think everyone should be required to talk things out on TS before carrying out the report.

Wunsleh    10

I think everyone should be required to talk things out on TS before carrying out the report.

i think so as well...but some people just dont want to put all that extra effort in it.

Nikolai B.    0

+1

BobitoZ    0

I just really dislike how Harassment in the TP has become "normal." People talk really big when they are in a safe zone. I spend almost no time in TP now because of it. Even though it is probably the best place for a medic to be.

In the old rules, even SDS were civil.

I suppose you can't make a rule to stop people from being dicks.

Tortov    0

Certainly, much can be gained by talking on teamspeak instead of taking your dispute to report.

In my opinion, if you can't get in contact or would rather not speak to someone then a report discussion is likely the best way forward, unless you felt it was a particularly outrageous/ blatant offense which requires immediate GM attention (Formal Report).

Sky    1

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Guest Marcus Williams   
Guest Marcus Williams

Indeed. I believe the current rules right now promote more RP. The old rules didn't force people to be in-character when playing so everyone would play OOC and would be at each other's throats when conflict happened. The new rules state that you must be in-character when playing with your clan or group, and I believe that is a great rule seeing as this is a Role-play server.

Go back to the old rules, get all the old staff!! Get the server the way it was :).

Not bashing new admins here so don't even thnk it lol