Server time (UTC): 2020-01-23, 12:32 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Kain

S2 - KoS(RDM)

Server and location: S2 and road in-front of police station.

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 23:30 (Approx.)

Daytime or Night-time: Night-time 

Your in game name: Blake Hawk LeBlanc

Names of allies involved: Andrew Sullivan, Daniel Novak, Kai Bereyta

Name/Skin of suspect/s: Unknown.

Suspects weapon/s: Unknown, long range shot.

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/a

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): Conor will be (hopefully) posting a video.

Detailed description of the events: So, what started out is Irish (Andrew) met me in the Chernogorsk police station and I had a good talk with him. Once we moved further towards the center of cherno, we ran into Kai. We stopped there since Kai had a infected on him and shot it. Afterwards, we asked who he was and friendly questions. Keep in mind, I was not wish Andrew or Daniel. Anyway, as we are all talking, Daniel arrives and initiates on us. We all comply, afterwards Andrew was given permission to pick up his gun, for he was with Daniel. After that for the majority of the time, Kai and I were handcuffed having a rather nice chat, nothing more, nothing less. They took a few of our things and one of them actually gave Kai a frequency. After a long period of time, they say that they will uncuff us. So, Andrew goes up to me with the hand cuffs and begins to unhandcuff me, which at that point I say that my elbows crack. Right after that message I get shot in the head from no where. It was a random death. If I am correct, Irish and I was both killed.

Hey guys

The ingame chat going on is a little drown out by my mic, but I stumbled on the situation as people were being taken hostage. I can see watching back that the first shot was to someone being handcuffed, and not the person handcuffing, that's entirely my bad. From my perspective, I was watching a robbery take place, and decided to try and help the victims. I even called out for the player (Who I did recognize as a hostage) to run, repeatedly.

HowToDressWell (Andrew Sullivan) and myself (Daniel Novak) initiated on the OP and Kai Bereyta in Chernogorsk, near the police station as we were both very lacking on supplied due to being fresh spawns.

We strip them of radios instantly and then cuff them whilst we sift through their belongings.

The RP was really enjoyable despite some horrible lag issues. As we were nearing the end of the encounter (about 20 minutes later) we un-handcuffed the OP and before we could un-cuff Kai Bereyta, a shot rang out, killing Blake instantly.

Andrew and myself scattered, with one hostage still cuffed in the street. Andrew was hit and killed as well during the encounter, despite my best efforts to stem his blood loss.

I took the handcuff keys from Andrews body and ran back to the hostage (still in the street), ushering him into a house I un-restrained him and then directed him towards a house down the street where I had put a rifle for him earlier on in the encounter. I tell him to take the rifle and run east, out of the city as I do not want him getting hurt and the shots had come from what seemed to be a westerly direction.

Kai runs off to the rifle and saftey and I take another hit instantly. It ruined my shirt but did not cause bleeding. I fled towards the docks, using them as cover I head west to the outskirts of the city before running north into the forests.

I have it recorded and will upload ASAP and post in the report.

I spoke with the man who attacked us in TeamSpeak. He constantly lied to me about the situation. Saying he saw us initiate and instantly attacked us which is false. He opened fire roughly 20 minutes after the initiation. I have my conversation with him recorded and will upload ASAP.

Hey guys

The ingame chat going on is a little drown out by my mic, but I stumbled on the situation as people were being taken hostage. I can see watching back that the first shot was to someone being handcuffed, and not the person handcuffing, that's entirely my bad. From my perspective, I was watching a robbery take place, and decided to try and help the victims. I even called out for the player (Who I did recognize as a hostage) to run, repeatedly.

You told me in TeamSpeak that you saw us initiate and shot us almost instantly.

Also, you did not have KOS rights on us. You cannot just step in and try to be man of the hour with any robbery you come across.

I hit record as soon as I came upon the situation, and what I had heard was the confiscation of guns, and the stripping of ammo. From my perspective, it wasn't at all a lie. And I don't appreciate being called a liar in this situation. What I have is my perspective. Obviously I was late to the situation, but from what I was able to make out, I had just arrived.

As far as KoS rights, it has always been my understanding that you -CAN- act as a Good Samaritan. I apologize to the player I killed by mistake, and I'll take whatever punishment I earned for killing him, but as far as the bandits, I don't feel as though I'd done wrong.

Another thing to add: The initiation happened almost right after the sun went down and became dusk and I got shot at approx 23:30

Another thing to add: The initiation happened almost right after the sun went down and became dusk and I got shot at approx 23:30

In logs, GMs will be able to see when we initiated. You will see me frisk a man with a boonie hat in chat logs and then see the time between that and the kills.

I hit record as soon as I came upon the situation, and what I had heard was the confiscation of guns, and the stripping of ammo. From my perspective, it wasn't at all a lie. And I don't appreciate being called a liar in this situation. What I have is my perspective. Obviously I was late to the situation, but from what I was able to make out, I had just arrived.

I called you a liar because in TeamSpeak when I spoke to you, you said that you whitnessed the initiation, that is all.

In logs, GMs will be able to see when we initiated. You will see me frisk a man with a boonie hat in chat logs and then see the time between that and the kills.

I called you a liar because in TeamSpeak when I spoke to you, you said that you whitnessed the initiation, that is all.

There is a difference between being mistaken and being a liar. I've been nothing but forthcoming in the situation. What I witnessed is what I witnessed, and I don't appreciate being called a liar. Lying implies I was knowingly being untruthful. I posted what I have as far as my perspective, and explained my perspective. I don't understand why you, the GM in question were the one to make contact with me on TS, when it should have been a staff member who isn't involved in the situation.

I don't understand why you, the GM in question were the one to make contact with me on TS, when it should have been a staff member who isn't involved in the situation.

Because I came to speak to you about a situation I was involved in where you KOS'd two people and attempted to KOS me. It is the same as any other (non-staff) member who sought out in TeamSpeak the person involved to speak to them about it.

Apart from my PoV video, I will not be responding unless asked by a member of staff in order to avoid repeated statements and clutter.

[video=youtube]

My PoV video. The recording starts towards the end of the 20 minute-ish encounter just before we take shots.

As far as KoS rights, it has always been my understanding that you -CAN- act as a Good Samaritan. I apologize to the player I killed by mistake, and I'll take whatever punishment I earned for killing him, but as far as the bandits, I don't feel as though I'd done wrong.

There is no good samaritan rule in the current ruleset.  In order for these to have been legit kills you would have needed to initiate and had non-compliance.

Chat Logs:

16:06:24 | Chat("Daniel Novak": ALL THREE Of YOU, YOU ARE SURROUNDED! PUT YOUR FUCKING HANDS UP AND DO NOT MOVE OR WE WILL FUCKING WASTE YOU!!
16:07:23 | Chat("Kai Bereyta": //have to quickly put my hands down to do that
16:07:57 | Chat("Daniel Novak": *Pats the boonie hat man for a radio*
16:08:00 | Chat("Andrew Sullivan": *Frisks for radio* *If I find it I take it*
16:08:13 | Chat("Blake Hawk LeBlanc": *Very destroyed radio found*
16:29:08 | Chat("Blake Hawk LeBlanc": *Cracks elbows as arms go straight*
16:11:38 | Chat("Blake Hawk LeBlanc": *Tilts hand to the left and cracks neck*
16:11:42 | Chat("Blake Hawk LeBlanc": //head*
16:13:08 | Chat("Blake Hawk LeBlanc": *cracks fingers on right hand*
16:16:22 | Chat("Daniel Novak": *Taps the mans balistic helmet*
16:18:44 | Chat("Daniel Novak": //He is experiencing some big lag issues, he is restarting PC. Sorry about this, guys
16:18:52 | Chat("Blake Hawk LeBlanc": //fine enough
16:22:49 | Chat("Blake Hawk LeBlanc": *mumbles to self* Mes mains deviennent douloureux *groans a little bit*
16:25:01 | Chat("Daniel Novak": //I just need to relog to fix my gun bug so I can drop your weapon for you
16:28:25 | Chat("Kai Bereyta": //gg guys good rp
16:28:29 | Chat("Andrew Sullivan": *Writes down a frequency of 106.9 and puts it in his pocket.*
16:29:08 | Chat("Blake Hawk LeBlanc": *Cracks elbows as arms go straight*

Connect/Disconnect Logs:

16:15:03 | Player "Andrew Sullivan" has been disconnected
16:15:14 | Player "Andrew Sullivan" is connected 
16:18:26 | Player "Andrew Sullivan" has been disconnected
16:22:05 | Player "Andrew Sullivan" is connected 
16:22:46 | Player "Jedediah Smit" is connected
16:25:14 | Player "Daniel Novak" has been disconnected
16:25:18 | Player "Daniel Novak" is connected 
16:51:27 | Player "Jedediah Smit" has been disconnected

Hit Logs:

16:29:46 | "Player Blake Hawk LeBlanc has fallen into unconsciousness."
16:29:46 | "Blake Hawk LeBlanc has fallen into unconsciousness. HARD HIT Total S::10328.8"
16:29:46 | "Blake Hawk LeBlanc has fallen into unconsciousness. HARD HIT Total S::15468.7"
16:29:46 | "Jedediah Smit SHOT Blake Hawk LeBlanc by AK74 into head."
16:29:46 | "Blake Hawk LeBlanc STATUS S::15468.7 B::4000 H::4600 HP::0."
16:29:51 | "Jedediah Smit SHOT Andrew Sullivan by AK74 into rightarm."
16:29:51 | "Andrew Sullivan STATUS S::500 B::4300 H::4750 HP::0."
16:29:51 | "Andrew Sullivan STATUS S::1000 B::3800 H::4550 HP::0."
16:29:51 | "Andrew Sullivan STATUS S::1500 B::3300 H::4350 HP::0."
16:29:52 | "Andrew Sullivan STARTS BLEEDING."
16:29:55 | "Player Andrew Sullivan has fallen into unconsciousness."

Kill Logs:

16:29:46 | Player "Blake Hawk LeBlanc" has been killed by player "Jedediah Smit"
16:32:26 | "Andrew Sullivan DIED Blood <= 0"

Updated post with chat logs and connect/disconnect logs.

Verdict:  Jedediah Smit - KoS - [GUILTY ]

Reason:

The staff team evaluated the evidence presented to us and has come to the folowing conclusion.

Jedediah Smit, You have been found guilty to KoS. You assumed that you had KoS rights on the robbers due to witnissing the entire robbery and becouse of that you considered yourself a "Good samairitan" however this rule is no longer in place as it was removed when DayZRP went to standalone as it caused much complications, Due to this you straight up KoSed someone.

We advise you to take a good look over the rule page as alot has changed over the recent months.

With the above stated the following applies:

Outcome:  Jedediah Smit - KoS - [GUILTY ] -  7 days +  10 points