Server time: 2017-10-18, 16:51
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Boone3125

Most populated town?

Question

Boone3125    0

Hi,

I was wondering what the most populated city is now last time i played it was berizino is it still?

9 answers to this question

Pussy    377

Hi,

I was wondering what the most populated city is now last time i played it was berizino is it still?

The most populated town in a role play server really has to do with many variables. It's hard to determine for sure which town is the most populated because large groups tend to move from place to place. Not only that, but it also depends on which groups are online, and where they feel like going that particular day. 

As a general rule of thumb, Green Mountain, Dolina, and Novy Sobor seem to be popular areas. As well as anywhere within the "Vybor triangle". Once again though, this depends on which group is online, where they are located, what significant events have corresponded where, and so on. It is truly difficult to gauge where everyone tends to be on a role play server. 

In all honesty, the answer above is the very best I can give you. I truly believe that information like that should be found out in game and then you may further your discover there. Learning on the forums where the role play is kind of defeats the point of exploration in game. At least that's what I think.

I believe, Boone3215, that many other people will suggest going in game to locate this information. 

Montanez    25

Nope. Population on places rises and decreases constantly, there is no really a way to say which is the most populated town, as most of the settlements usually get shitted on by bandits :troll:

If you were to ask me, and although you might not find really good RP there, Green Mountain would be my guess.

Ark    229

I believe, Boone3215, that many other people will suggest going in game to locate this information. 

I stand by this, but what kattica said is true it is hard to really determine which area is more populated. (besides green mountain)

OFA-Faux    4

Rip Colony

Rip Timmy's Trading Post

Rip Fishers Clinic

Rip Dolina

Rip Citadel

All great places in their day

Long Live GM

Done to death because no where else is allowed to become a fun place because of;

as most of the settlements usually get shitted on by bandits troll

^^^ Why we can have nice things. When ever a place gets popular bandits show up insulting people fishing for one dude to defend themselves so they can initiate on everyone in the compound because they got "disrespected" and take everyone's stuff.

"Welcome to *insert settlement name here* sir or madam please feel free to enjoy your self here"

"MUCH DISRESPECT! EVERYONE AND THEIR BROTHER DROP WEPS 10 SECS"

I think there is a huge interest in settlements but the current rules dont support having popular areas that arnt attacked and harassed so frequently that it just kills all non-hostile RP for the group/area.

I think youll find other than GM there is literally nowhere people go at this time because all attempts to make a relatively safe/nuetral place have been ruined by huge bandit groups sick of robbing GM or constant NVFL initiations by one dude who just got whitelisted!

Pussy    377

Boone3125, I think that these responses from other community members confirm what I had said in my original response to you. Due to the nature of the similar answers, and the general consensus being that the population fluctuates depending on many variables, I'm going to go ahead and /solve this. 

I'm leaving this thread open for further discussion from the community, in order for you community members to keep posting their opinions on the matter.

If you have any more questions, feel free to come into the TeamSpeak and ask for any help! Or you can feel free to PM myself or any of the other Community Helpers here. Leaving you with a final thought, I'd just like to say: "Run around in game and find out!"

I hope these responses have answered your questions! c: 

Guest AsOiX   
Guest AsOiX

Rip Colony

Rip Timmy's Trading Post

Rip Fishers Clinic

Rip Dolina

Rip Citadel

All great places in their day

Long Live GM

Done to death because no where else is allowed to become a fun place because of;

as most of the settlements usually get shitted on by bandits troll

^^^ Why we can have nice things. When ever a place gets popular bandits show up insulting people fishing for one dude to defend themselves so they can initiate on everyone in the compound because they got "disrespected" and take everyone's stuff.

"Welcome to *insert settlement name here* sir or madam please feel free to enjoy your self here"

"MUCH DISRESPECT! EVERYONE AND THEIR BROTHER DROP WEPS 10 SECS"

I think there is a huge interest in settlements but the current rules dont support having popular areas that arnt attacked and harassed so frequently that it just kills all non-hostile RP for the group/area.

I think youll find other than GM there is literally nowhere people go at this time because all attempts to make a relatively safe/nuetral place have been ruined by huge bandit groups sick of robbing GM or constant NVFL initiations by one dude who just got whitelisted!

LOL preach it brotha. Perhaps when base building is in the group is given a grace period of a few days, ao the can establish and be somewhat on their feet.

But this is dayz though, and not an arcade game

OFA-Faux    4

snip

LOL preach it brotha. Perhaps when base building is in the group is given a grace period of a few days, ao the can establish and be somewhat on their feet.

Well to be fair its not Dayz its Dayz RP and people should be playing roles realistically not using the fact that 4/5 of the settlement has gone to bed in near by building knowing they wont wake up to initiate and gain an advantage over the settlers. As I talked about in another similar thread;

"Another MASSIVE reason why camps/settlements goto shit is people IRL needed to work, sleep and generally live a life so camps cannot be guarded/policed effectively. Often times "bandits" will come in and play friendly and then wait until few people that organized the compound are able to be online before they come in and start yelling at people to 10 secs drop weps because they know no one is going to be around to RP a defense."

Honestly all the awesome places that have been destroyed because a few people wanted some keks and didnt know when to let up and let other have their fun too has been the most disappointing aspect of DayzRP.

Guest AsOiX   
Guest AsOiX

snip

Well to be fair its not Dayz its Dayz RP and people should be playing roles realistically not using the fact that 4/5 of the settlement has gone to bed in near by building knowing they wont wake up to initiate and gain an advantage over the settlers. As I talked about in another similar thread;

"Another MASSIVE reason why camps/settlements goto shit is people IRL needed to work, sleep and generally live a life so camps cannot be guarded/policed effectively. Often times "bandits" will come in and play friendly and then wait until few people that organized the compound are able to be online before they come in and start yelling at people to 10 secs drop weps because they know no one is going to be around to RP a defense."

Honestly all the awesome places that have been destroyed because a few people wanted some keks and didnt know when to let up and let other have their fun too has been the most disappointing aspect of DayzRP.

Yeah I suppose realistically the people who live there would still be there, IC, even after they log. And it'd be pretty fucking stupid to attack a base with 15 people sleeping all over, within an arms length of weapons.You could almost argue NVFL at that point. Along with people that guard the settlement, they would still be there.

I used to play a hardcore serious GMOD server, metro 2033 RP, and it had IC guards, even if there werent any OOC. I almost feel like this should be taken into account when they do pop up. I'm talking big settlements though, not small camps.