Server time: 2018-02-22, 19:02

Sign in to follow this  
grep

Red Zones or KOS zones ever?

How about no?

This is a great idea I think it will enhance roleplay on the server!

This gets my

+1

no need for pvp zone

post-25055-NOPE-nope-anime-gif-8upz.gif

I don't understand where KoS zones fit into the realm of DayZRP. I would say that people that respect DayZRP for what it is would be totally against the idea. The purpose of RP is to....RP, not to kos. I'd also say a lot of people came to RP for a number of reasons, one being that they wanted to get away from the kos hellhole that pub servers are.

KOS Zones? yes that's called a 50 pop public server in elektro. its a nope from me

You don't really understand what Dayzrp is do you? Go public.

Damn, I am the only guy who thinks this could be fun? Don't get me wrong RP is what the server is about, but at least a "happy hour" would be nice once every few months. And also to the people who said "go play on pub," PvP zones here would be nothing like pub. Pub is a completely different environment and player base and would not be nearly the same. I know I'm not the only one interested in report-free PvP from time to time with the people you've played with for months. Plus if you didn't want to participate in said event don't log on for that hour. Easy as that

I'm not sure it's fair to forbid players from role playing for an hour, for people who want to around and not role play. I'm sorry, I'm not for it. I don't understand what it would do to enhance the role play on the server. 

Maybe an event could be organized by some people in the community who want to PvP with other community members to pick a public server and time to join together? But I don't believe this belongs in RP.

I know I'm not the only one interested in report-free PvP from time to time with the people you've played with for months. 

You can have report free PvP whenever you want on the RP servers...

Horrible idea. This just turns those zones in the the safe zone in H1Z1. Just dudes waiting with rifles ready to blast anyone the second they step out. or in this case. IN.

Damn, I am the only guy who thinks this could be fun? Don't get me wrong RP is what the server is about, but at least a "happy hour" would be nice once every few months. And also to the people who said "go play on pub," PvP zones here would be nothing like pub. Pub is a completely different environment and player base and would not be nearly the same. I know I'm not the only one interested in report-free PvP from time to time with the people you've played with for months. Plus if you didn't want to participate in said event don't log on for that hour. Easy as that

I'm not sure it's fair to forbid players from role playing for an hour, for people who want to around and not role play. I'm sorry, I'm not for it. I don't understand what it would do to enhance the role play on the server. 

Maybe an event could be organized by some people in the community who want to PvP with other community members to pick a public server and time to join together? But I don't believe this belongs in RP.

Well we do have the ability to have access to the extra server for events. a DayZRP free for all would be interesting.

No, No KoS zone please, no KoS anything at all. It's one of the main reason I hated Pub server. I want to die with reason, where there's interaction, not sudden headshot when I'm looking at my inventory.

No, so if thats the case then, if your house was inside the red zone in real life and someone just killed your family, it would be okay? no judgement to the killer? this is a roleplaying community so I have to disagree on having RedZones. if this does happen ill be one of the vanguards who guards this zone to kill off any KOS'er.

Probably not a popular idea on RP, but to be honest anyone saying initiating is more RP-like, I can name a few different movies or books in which people get shot at in apocalypse situations without knowing who it is, sometimes bandits in these RP situations would rather kill their victim and take the stuff afterwards. KoS zones might not be a good idea, but hey im just a newbie.

Well, yeah, and that still happens here.  Dunno if you read the reports section or not, but sometimes people get killed out of nowhere for no reason, or suffer the inevitable 'drop weps ten secs' robbery.  If that tense atmosphere, that constant fear and adrenaline drip is what you need, it's already there.  Just tune into it.

I don't feel like getting my head blown off for my pants.

I remember this being implemented on another "roleplay" server.

What it meant for me was that those places were permanently off-limits. All the PvP-oriented players would camp those spots all day and just take up slots that I'd rather see filled with players actually on the server for the roleplay.

It splits the map and inevitably will cause reports due to unlegitimate kills 'just outside' the red zones. Not a very good idea at all.

This is an RP server. I don't see any reason for a kos area within a RP server .

Pretty much one everyone else is saying, this is a roleplay server. We don't need a KOS location, if you want to KOS, go on public servers man. :)

DayZRP is a server based on RP.

We dont allow people to kill eachother without a RP reason/initiation.

If you want to kill people on side you can hop into a public server and kill them all ;)

Rather initiate honestly, more fun.. initiation is the thing many people in public dream of happening, to handcuff someone and torture them.. much more fulfilling than a kill