Server time: 2017-10-19, 11:08
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
grep

Red Zones or KOS zones ever?

grep    0

So what about having certain spots on the server that initiation doesn't have to occur? like around any of the military bases? if people are trying to survive these places would be a hive of activity and people would do desperate things.  Less likely to want to talk to people if they see them taking a weapon that might be their only way to survive or obtain food.  Thoughts?

Bryce_    1

I don't get why you can't just initiate. Why do we need a KOS zone when there are initiations for a reason?

no, just no. I'll do it just so I can kill a bunch of people but if you want to fight, dont come to RP

Autumn    127

No. If you wanna KoS go pub it up. If you wanna rp, initiate and play it out.

Vapor    0

No. If you wanna KoS go pub it up. If you wanna rp, initiate and play it out.

This beautiful person said it.

Pussy    378

Not a fan. I'd suggest going around on public for thaf. If we're going to KoS --even in those zones-- then what's the point of it being on RP?

Alex    465

Probably not a popular idea on RP, but to be honest anyone saying initiating is more RP-like, I can name a few different movies or books in which people get shot at in apocalypse situations without knowing who it is, sometimes bandits in these RP situations would rather kill their victim and take the stuff afterwards. KoS zones might not be a good idea, but hey im just a newbie.

Hebee    2654

straight KoS does not promote the point of being here which is in fact RP - for both sides involved in incidents; thus leading me to believe this will never be a thing.

Lil_Beefy    0

No. This server is RP orientated and we prioritize roleplay over everything else. Having KoS zones/Red Zones just wouldn't fit in with what we are trying to achieve with this community.

Spartan    1230

We have initiations for a reason. If you just shoot someone there is not a chance for RP. So a no for me.

If you want to KoS people, just join a random public server and walk to a military base. ;)

Bruce    0

Damn, I am the only guy who thinks this could be fun? Don't get me wrong RP is what the server is about, but at least a "happy hour" would be nice once every few months. And also to the people who said "go play on pub," PvP zones here would be nothing like pub. Pub is a completely different environment and player base and would not be nearly the same. I know I'm not the only one interested in report-free PvP from time to time with the people you've played with for months. Plus if you didn't want to participate in said event don't log on for that hour. Easy as that

If you have a bloodlust just go to public and solve it there, there is no need for such a thing as KoS "Zones", it will just turn into more issues.

You want KoS-PvP gameplay go to public. You want RP and you are willing to provide RP then come over here... simple as that.

So no, no KoS Zones.

Guest AsOiX   
Guest AsOiX

Why not just play pub at that point. Sorry, but it just doesn't make sense to me for this to be on an Rp server.

Glenn    10

Hehehe this made me laugh...

Been suggested 1000 times before, will never happen.

Yeah, who even wants to RP? I only initiate to kill people because they didn't comply to my ridiculous demands.

Oliv    1881

We had this on another RP server I was on prior to coming here. It worked OK, but to be honest most people just avoided those areas completely unless they were with some one they really trusted or the server was dead just to gear up.

It makes for some awkward RP when you completely go around certain towns or areas rather than through them because it's a KoS zone. Hard to explain with in character reasons.

Chance    48

Nah man. 

Imagine accidentally stepping in one of these "Red Zones" and getting your head blown off. I'd rage quit so hard if that happened to me. Plus, there'd be a massive increase in KoS reports, that would waste time of the admins.

Rory    1560

What did I just read?

Comes on RP to play Public - GG 10/10

Guest RayymondLmao   
Guest RayymondLmao

Find a public RP server. If you want RP with KOS areas these are a sorry choice but probably your only option.

RP servers without communities or infrastructure to support rules and to deal with rule breaking are rife with KOS.

The server may say it's RP oriented, but since there is no established way of conducting a roleplay or punishing random killers, people act out their stories in a different manner to each other. Oftentimes, their interests conflict and become hostile, so you'd be lucky to find a band of survivors taht numbers over five. There's no agreed upon groups, settlements, and territories. If you intrude upon someone's land, expect to get shot.

Players have no idea if they can trust anyone because the majority have different ideas and motives. Adding that to the ability to kill anyone without an initiation, and the gear-bandits and trolls flock to these servers. You can often find more players on pub RP servers that are there to kill the roleplayers than actually RP themselves. Some players will follow the "Kill them before they kill me" rule and shoot anyone they see. But there's still enough of the RPers that once in a while you can get some decent interactions in.

Tl;dr Don't play on DayZRP if you want PvP. Don't play on pubs if you want RP. Try your luck on a Pub RP server. You'll probably die horribly, though.

Randle    928

Damn, I am the only guy who thinks this could be fun? Don't get me wrong RP is what the server is about, but at least a "happy hour" would be nice once every few months. And also to the people who said "go play on pub," PvP zones here would be nothing like pub. Pub is a completely different environment and player base and would not be nearly the same. I know I'm not the only one interested in report-free PvP from time to time with the people you've played with for months. Plus if you didn't want to participate in said event don't log on for that hour. Easy as that

+1

Montanez    25

NO

Lisent man, i'm all about that dank PVP and everything, but this is an RP server and lets be honest here, there is nothing more fun than the tension that an initiation causes on the people involved. So yeah, you want to kill somebody? Just initiate on 'em.