Server time: 2017-10-20, 17:58
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Glitch

Solving the infection? Easter eggs

Glitch    15

I have spent a while exploring IG and then reading and I have found something I suppose? Lol could be a goose chase but I find it interesting. But I'd appreciate if you took the time to read this, it took me a while and you might find it interesting in the end.

Puppets

So to begin, there is a book shelf found in a certain type of house. All the titles on the books are blurry except for one stand out. It says JUP something and then Kasparek. Kasparek is the name of the English puppet character punch in Czech. It also has a Russian name. So that's just some info. Now for the really interesting stuff. [attachment=2596] Click to enlarge

Found in the large green houses is a little calendar. Tuesday December 7th is circled on that calendar. December 7th has some historical events I wont bring up but if you want to look into it feel free. The most recent Dec. 7th on Tuesday was in 2010 though. It involved a sickness in a certain country which was thought caused by UN Peacekeepers, the same sickness in Chernarus' water. So that can tie a bit to DayZ with the UN being in Chernarus and all. December 7th is a very important day in history but the pieces I have begun to solve are down below.

December 13th and 14th

Also on the Calendar found in these large green houses the dates December 13th and 14th are underlined. The significance of those dates is that's when The Geminids occur. (I know it's wrong, it's how it's used all over the internet.) The Geminids is a meteor shower caused by something called object 3200 Phaethon. And apparently December 14th is around the time of its peak of activity.

As you can see December 7th is circled and the number is white, December 13th and 14th are underlined white. December 7th is when Apollo was launched, I see that as a hint to connect the two and it worked out very well.

[attachment=2597] Click to enlarge

Object 3200 Phaethon

Object 3200 Phaethon is what causes the Geminids. Phaethon is an asteroid which orbits the sun closer than any other known asteroid, it takes 1.4 years to orbit the sun. For that reason it was named after the Greek myth Phaeton whom is the son of the sun god Helios. We'll get into that later. 3200 Phaethon is described to be made of a very dark material so it was classified as a B-type asteroid which is a pretty uncommon type of carbonaceous asteroid. Also a spacecraft called STEREO observed the object ejecting dust which is assumed to be caused by heating from the sun.

Apollo 17

The mission to the moon. Dark looking material was found.

Helios

Helios is the sun god. The orbit which Phaethon is in, named after Phaeton who is Helios' son, is called the Heliocentric orbit named after Helios. Helios also has a sister named Selene who is the moon. Apollo 17 found dark material on the moon. Connection there between Selene and Phaeton, she would be Phaeton's aunt. Selene was often with Artemis and Helios was often with Apollo.

Apollo

Apollo in some literature was identified as a plague dealer with a silver bow and no solar powers.

So with all of this said is there something I am getting at here? The dates were marked IG and it all goes to Apollo. Geminids is a meteor shower caused by Phaethon which orbits the sun (Helios). Phaethon shows similarities to the moon? (Selene, Phaeton's aunt) Helios is friends with Apollo who deals plague with his silver bow. His silver bow maybe referring to Phaeton the asteroid who shoots meteors which contain the infection? (Helios would be the golden bow, and it says Apollo does not use a golden bow. Only the silver which would be a rank down, his son?) The peak of the Geminids activity is Dec. 13-14th. It's underlined on the Calendar in DayZ maybe that's WHEN the infection began for the DayZ lore (Not DayZRP) and HOW it began. Someone has also made a youtube video about a meteor striking in Novy with an infection, so other people might have come with a meteor idea showing this could be a possibility but I think I have put some of the pieces together.

Anyway thank you for reading, This took me a long time but I had fun lol, learned some new things. info (Some links lead to other hyperlinks) was found at:

http://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/meteor-shower/geminids.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selene

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3200_Phaethon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_17

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STEREO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punch_and_Judy

Janana    28

I appreciate the effort you put into this. Good finds and connections. Do you think they are actual Easter eggs, or just coincidence?

Glitch    15

I appreciate the effort you put into this. Good finds and connections. Do you think they are actual Easter eggs, or just coincidence?

Probably not actual easter eggs but there may be something going on, I mean there is obvious proof that they have put real life things in their game like the puppet's name on the book.

Huh. I thought the Russians did it. :troll:

Well maybe? I didn't want to post it but in 2013 a meteor exploded over Chelyabinsk which is in Russia.

JDoberman    52

Illuminati is DayZ cause.

Pussy    382

Looks like you put an insane amount of effort into this, and I like that it sparks some suspicions into everyone! This was a really interesting read!

I also really appreciated that you sort of "cited" your information! Definitely makes it nice and easy for people to read where you got the information from and make their own conclusions from that point! 

Overall, well done! c:

Beast7Gamer    0

Man that all sounds pretty interesting, love the connections and I'm damn surprised you found this since its such a small detail, but I guess even those small details sometimes get found. Great job on all the work and the great read, now im just waiting for DayZ to finish development and see if this is actually true hehe -.-

I like the effort you put into this. All of it makes sense in the weird way that it connects, and I wouldn't mind if an asteroid with a unique strain of a virus crashing in Chernarus was the cause for all this. It would make for a nice rich background and something for players to find clues about, and maybe develop into something on a larger scale.

Pussy    382

I like the effort you put into this. All of it makes sense in the weird way that it connects, and I wouldn't mind if an asteroid with a unique strain of a virus crashing in Chernarus was the cause for all this. it would make for a nice rich background and something for players to find clues about, and maybe develop into something on a larger scale.

I agree! I think it's an interesting take on the start of the infection, that's for sure. It seems to be a way different direction from your typical "air-born illness" type deal. I like the idea that it may have been an extraterrestrial threat instead of a virus or strain that occurred on earth.  

Do you think that Dec. 26 and 27 have any importance? they are blacked out on the calendar.

Glitch    15

Do you think that Dec. 26 and 27 have any importance? they are blacked out on the calendar.

I did notice that but I'm not sure. Doesn't look like it in relation to any of this, there is Christmas of course haha.

EDIT: Actually I checked for the 25th and 26th, now just the 27th and interesting enough there was in 2004 something called SGR 1805-20 which was a Magnetar which is a type of neutron star with a powerful magnetic field. It was on the other side of our galaxy and it exploded releasing more energy in one tenth of a second than the sun in 100,000 years. So of course this had radiation, maybe that has something to do with all of this but it doesn't tie into the other pieces other than maybe enhancing the infection or sparking it perhaps?

Apollo 8 also occurred on the 27th but that was only an orbit, so if there is something here I am assuming Apollo is just a hint to get it going and I think I did I hope lol

Rolle    2953

I'm getting dem illuminati vibes right now :D I love easter eggs and conspiracy theories <3

jason hunter    61

I KNEW IT CAME FROM SPACE!

first a meteor strikes ,then a bunch of guys in hazmat suits show up, 2 days later people start biting eachother o_0

Vandy    34

Conspiracies everywhere!

I like it, nice work.

Glitch    15

Might be onto something more, in time.

Might be onto something more, in time.

But for now this is kinda just a bump so I can get some more responses.